Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2017, 03:08 AM   #161
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

At the start of the playoffs I was rooting for the Oilers, but then I made the mistake of going to HFForums Oilers.

They were all trashing the Leafs like crazy for some reason. Why? I have no idea. But I am kind of neutral to the Oilers winning now because their fans seem like pricks.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:15 AM   #162
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
At the start of the playoffs I was rooting for the Oilers, but then I made the mistake of going to HFForums Oilers.

They were all trashing the Leafs like crazy for some reason. Why? I have no idea. But I am kind of neutral to the Oilers winning now because their fans seem like pricks.
Because they're mad that Matthews gets attention when only McDavid should be getting attention.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:19 AM   #163
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/stanley-cup-playoffs-round-2-preview-ducks-vs-oilers/
http://thehockeywriters.com/series-preview-ducks-vs-oilers/

All games will be on Sportsnet, NBCSN, and TVA Sports

All times Mountain

Wednesday, April 26 at Anaheim 2030h/8:30 pm
Friday, April 28 at Anaheim 2030h/8:30 pm
Sunday, April 30 at Edmonton 1700h/5:00 pm
Wednesday, May 3 at Edmonton 2000h/8:00 pm

Friday, May 5 at Anaheim 2030h/8:30 pm

*Sunday, May 7 TBA Anaheim at Edmonton TBD
*Wednesday, May 10 TBA Edmonton at Anaheim TBD

Oilers: 47-26-19, 103 points ​(second in the Pacific Division and fourth in the western conference)
Ducks: 46-23-13, 105 points ​(first in the Pacific Division and third in the western conference)

Regular-season series: The teams tied in points, Oilers 3-2-0 and Ducks 2-1-2

This will be the second time the Oilers and Duck meet in the playoffs, the Oilers won 4-1 in 2006.

Last edited by Tsawwassen; 05-02-2017 at 04:54 AM.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:28 AM   #164
Soulless Sisters
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:

My fellow Canucks fans are the worst for it. I have spoken to old-time Nucks fans who still hate the Leafs for having to pay indemnification fees to them post-expansion. That and the general inferiority complex of Vancouver vis-a-vis all things Toronto and the coverage the Leafs get across the country. I would know, I was born there.

I think with the Oilers, it must've started in the mid-90s. I know a lot of older Oiler fans who are still sad/resentful over losing CuJo to Toronto in free agency because they couldn't compete with the big-market Leafs.
Soulless Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soulless Sisters For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2017, 05:05 AM   #165
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

lol its mostly because of the large number of Leafs fans on HF who think Matthews is better than Mcdavid. I hate the Oilers as much as anyone but honestly Leafs fans on HF are worse.
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flamesforcup For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2017, 07:20 AM   #166
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

My friend, an Oilers fan, thinks the Oilers will "easily take this in 7". To which I replied, "It's been a really long time for you to see the playoffs, hasn't it? A team only needs to win 4 games to win a series."
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:43 AM   #167
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Go ducks
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:48 AM   #168
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
lol its mostly because of the large number of Leafs fans on HF who think Matthews is better than Mcdavid. I hate the Oilers as much as anyone but honestly Leafs fans on HF are worse.
Clearly you are full of poo poo.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2028283
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #169
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Reason #1 why they'll never get my respect.

They handle winning with zero class. Arguably worse than how they handle losing, which if you've seen the jersey tossing is quite self explanatory.

Not just on the boards either. Heard a few conversations last summer between edmontonians stopping through calgary, and the delusion is real. Spewing about how McDavid is better than other whole NHL teams combined, trying to brainwash casual/non fans into believing their horse crap. Talking about cup championship(s), but not in a hopeful way like typical fans. More matter of factly, as if they've got the parade invites stowed away somewhere. Dynasty talk etc. Also great when they call our city a garbage dump and proceed to litter carelessly.

No class, man. Far as I'm concerned they don't represent this country. Just their little town full of chest beaters.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2017, 07:52 AM   #170
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the vitrol I've seen from Oilers fans on Facebook these playoffs has been disgusting and that's just the stuff from friends and acquaintances. Oilers fans simply can't do anything with class.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:08 AM   #171
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Reason #1 why they'll never get my respect.

They handle winning with zero class. Arguably worse than how they handle losing, which if you've seen the jersey tossing is quite self explanatory.

Not just on the boards either. Heard a few conversations last summer between edmontonians stopping through calgary, and the delusion is real. Spewing about how McDavid is better than other whole NHL teams combined, trying to brainwash casual/non fans into believing their horse crap. Talking about cup championship(s), but not in a hopeful way like typical fans. More matter of factly, as if they've got the parade invites stowed away somewhere. Dynasty talk etc. Also great when they call our city a garbage dump and proceed to litter carelessly.

No class, man. Far as I'm concerned they don't represent this country. Just their little town full of chest beaters.

Holy crap, this goes both ways and with all teams. Don't get me wrong it's a rivalry and we aren't supposed to cheer for each other, but don't make it seem like fans from all teams can be ######s. I know some amazing Flames fans and I know some real ###### bags. Same as Oiler fans. You guys are all over that lady for giving the middle finger....

Anyways just hate us please, it's the way it's supposed to be

Last edited by stang; 04-24-2017 at 08:17 AM.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #172
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan?101 View Post
Could see the winner going to the cup. Anaheim has better depth than Edmonton, but Edmonton has better game breakers in Talbot and McDavid.

Oilers vs Predators; Oilers in 7
Pittsburgh vs Ottawa; Pittsburgh in 5

Oilers vs Pittsburgh; Oilers in 7

Don't even mind, as long as the cup comes back to Alberta.
Oh look who's back!!! Of course you wouldn't mind Oilersfan 101!!! Screw off troll!!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 08:13 AM   #173
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

^^^Did any Oilers eat the popcorn after? Because that would make me like them a little more.

Remember when Calgary's very own Curtis Lazar ate the hamburger that was thrown on the ice? That was cool.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:25 AM   #174
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
^^^Did any Oilers eat the popcorn after? Because that would make me like them a little more.

Remember when Calgary's very own Curtis Lazar ate the hamburger that was thrown on the ice? That was cool.

Hahaha that's awesome!
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #175
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

I fully understand why no Flames fan would cheer for the Oilers.

Living in Calgary in '04, I'll admit I got caught up in the emotions and excitement in the city and, in spite of myself, found myself rooting for the Flames. And I came away thinking "Gawd, why can't something this unexpected and magical happen to the Oilers?" And of course we all know the story from '06.

But that sealed it for me. If Edmonton isn't the Canadian team that wins the cup, I don't want any other team claiming it either. To get that close and ultimately come up short is tough to swallow. The whole "Bring it home for Canada" sentiment, and those claiming "Well, I do want a Canadian team to win it" are entitled to their opinion, however wrong it obviously is.

But bring the hate - the rivalry is slowly being rekindled and I think that's only a good thing. But of course, leave it to the knuckle-draggers in the flaming C jerseys to bugger up, yet again, another opportunity for a playoff BOA!!
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2017, 09:30 AM   #176
Stanley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Urgh.....I'm torn.

I hate the Ducks more than any other team, incl. the Oilers.
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:30 AM   #177
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

How is anyone saying they want the Oilers to win? I hate the Ducks as much as the next guy but this is an absolute no brainer. Go Ducks go!

I'll be pulling my old Getzlaf jersey out of the closet for this one (I bought it because I liked the jersey not the team, don't hate me).
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:34 AM   #178
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
How is anyone saying they want the Oilers to win? I hate the Ducks as much as the next guy but this is an absolute no brainer. Go Ducks go!

I'll be pulling my old Getzlaf jersey out of the closet for this one (I bought it because I liked the jersey not the team, don't hate me).
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #179
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
But bring the hate - the rivalry is slowly being rekindled and I think that's only a good thing. But of course, leave it to the knuckle-draggers in the flaming C jerseys to bugger up, yet again, another opportunity for a playoff BOA!!
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:47 AM   #180
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
I fully understand why no Flames fan would cheer for the Oilers.

Living in Calgary in '04, I'll admit I got caught up in the emotions and excitement in the city and, in spite of myself, found myself rooting for the Flames. And I came away thinking "Gawd, why can't something this unexpected and magical happen to the Oilers?" And of course we all know the story from '06.

But that sealed it for me. If Edmonton isn't the Canadian team that wins the cup, I don't want any other team claiming it either. To get that close and ultimately come up short is tough to swallow. The whole "Bring it home for Canada" sentiment, and those claiming "Well, I do want a Canadian team to win it" are entitled to their opinion, however wrong it obviously is.

I recall 04 very well, but I don't remember anything special about '06.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote