Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default New Website - Feedback Appreciated :)

I am looking for feedback on a new website which is supposed to be more user-friendly for home buyers. The site was launched today so still a work in progress. Open to all constructive criticism / positive words.

www.MyCalgaryHomeSearch.ca

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 09-01-2016, 09:35 PM   #2
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Just in time. Looks great!
The Following User Says Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Not a fan of having to create an account after looking at a handful of photos and a couple of properties. And then not having an easy way to exit out of that. I realize you are trying to obtain leads, but that might just have me steering away.

I do like that if I enter a community, I just get results from that community. (Unlike the MLS site.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2016, 04:52 PM   #4
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I checked it on my phone. Overall a well done design for mobile. I'd recommend scaling down (or eliminating) your photo on smaller screens. It fills up almost the whole screen on my phone when scrolling down the page.

The property search completely froze my phone, so that's a pretty big deal breaker.

I also agree with Ken that having the entire site lock up if you don't create an account is going to make me close the page long before I sign up for anything. My information is worth a hell of a lot more than just the ability to look at a couple of photos, especially when those photos are freely available on the MLS site. Show me the value of creating an account before asking me to create an account (and even then, it should be optional unless there is something proprietary on your site that is valuable enough to protect).
Old 09-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #5
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Thank you for the feedback!

I tried on my phone as well as a friend who stopped by the office and had no issues... something I will need the developer to look further into.

Not having to sign up is the ideal situation from a consumer standpoint - the lead aspect and amount spent on PPC advertising forces me to do this and see a ROI. The sign up takes less than 10 seconds and you get to see what you are working with before doing so. I went with the X amount of photos over an immediate or 10 second sign up which I feel is even more "pushy".

Having worked with enough buyers, it is interesting that the realtor.ca website is rarely a top choice for the consumer. Each person has their own style and comfort level using different websites. Buyers send me links to places they want to see from some of the big organic SEO players websites more often than realtor.ca.

Again, appreciate the feedback!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 09-03-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The menu on a iPad doesn't look right, and I feel that the main content of the site is too close to the sides. Not a lot of white space from the edge of the screen to the words/pictures.

It's very nice site, and will be better with minor tweaks.
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #7
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Pretty useless by requiring the signup. I think I was able to view 3 photos before the pop up?

How many signups are you receiving versus traffic?

What are you offering that countless other sites already don't? Why would I want to signup and use your site?

Old 09-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #8
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I get why you're doing the signup. It's fair. Your website is providing a service. Granted, there's a lot of other places you can go to get the same information without the popup.

I would suggest letting people see more than 3 photos. 3 or 4 properties? Let them invest some time in the site before blocking their access to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #9
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
Pretty useless by requiring the signup. I think I was able to view 3 photos before the pop up?

How many signups are you receiving versus traffic?

What are you offering that countless other sites already don't? Why would I want to signup and use your site?

Put in a fake name, email and phone number. It always works for these realtor sites

As for feedback, Great site! other than having to make up a name, email and phone number it works great!