Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #241
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderRowdy View Post
Again, brutal game by Dougie. He has to be better, bottom line. Hes been a turnover machine and opposing players just dance around him at will. When will people recognize this
Do you have actual stats for your turnover machine theory?

This is the only site I found http://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/st...us-minus/2016/
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #242
RoughRiderRowdy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Do you have actual stats for your turnover machine theory?

This is the only site I found http://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/st...us-minus/2016/
Nope im not a stats guy. From watching every game this year he has been turning the puck over constantly though. He hasnt been playing like he has the last half of last year and until then i will be very disappointed. We all know our defences successful goes hand in hand with the team winning
RoughRiderRowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:57 AM   #243
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nope im not a stats guy. From watching every game this year he has been turning the puck over constantly though. He hasnt been playing like he has the last half of last year and until then i will be very disappointed. We all know our defences successful goes hand in hand with the team winning
I see. So you're saying the people keeping the stats aren't accurate since it doesn't support your claim at this time?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #244
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

You know what my favorite thing is when the team struggles, whether it be now, last year, any time in the past? It's the ridiculous commentary that comes out all over the place where people look to place the blame on the parts of the team that they don't like. Whether it be this tread, or the GG System thread, all the folks trying desperately to assign the bulk of the blame to the party they would like to hold responsible.

For the most part, the reasons people are excited to pin the blame to their desired target are always the same. One, People didn't like the move when it was made or became critical of the player at some point, and then they use the current struggles to try and validate their previous opinions, be able to say "see I was right".

Or two, they want to pin the blame on someone, or somewhere that gives them the "least amount" of anxiety (GG system for example). A lot less scary if the coach is the problem, versus all the high paid talent (Gio, Gaudreau and Monahan for example) that we just locked for the next 7 years.

Or finally, it allows them to deflect blame away from their favorite players. For example, I love Johnny, Johnny's sucked so far, but I'll go digging and try and make it seem like someone else has sucked worse cause I don't want to hold my guy accountable.

It's very funny crap across the board.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #245
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I see. So you're saying the people keeping the stats aren't accurate since it doesn't support your claim at this time?
It's the numbers man, those numbers aren't real like my eyes.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2016, 12:27 PM   #246
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

[QUOTE=RoughRiderRowdy;5968429 And to come on here and vast majority to suggest stupid thread and my opinion is dumb. How? .[/QUOTE]

What?
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #247
FlamesFan68
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaur View Post
I am really starting to think Dougie Hamilton is pretty overrated.

#GiveMeBarzal

Discuss.
Agree.
FlamesFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #248
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

first time venturing in this thread.............

Hamilton has been meh, but then so has almost every other player, particularly every defenceman. Brodie has been just as disappointing, based on what is expected of a player, as hamilton.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:06 PM   #249
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Dougie finally had his arse pinned to the bench for the last half of the 3rd against the Blues for his woes ...
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:59 PM   #250
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Dougie finally had his arse pinned to the bench for the last half of the 3rd against the Blues for his woes ...
Yeah. 5th in icetime among defensemen a few seconds ahead of Jolipakka. Hartley don't dnt play him a lot either, routinely 4th or 5th in icetime. Maybe there's a reason.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:02 AM   #251
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
I'm a fan of Hamilton but he's been pretty bad to start this season. And he's been awful tonight. Watch when he gets the puck, especially on the PP, he plays it like its a grenadre. No patience and just throwing it away or rifling passes waste high. He needs to chill out on the ice just a little bit.
he was awful last year for quite a while. once the team was out of the playoff race, he played well. he is the qb who is down 28 points and throws 200 yards in garbage time. his defensive play reminds me of Phaneuf...
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:10 AM   #252
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Yep and the comeback started right after he got benched. Of course flames get the PP down by one and sure enough out comes Dougie with the first unit and another awful PP

Kulak in next game and IMO Dougie should be the one out. Wideman actually played decent tonight
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macho0978 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2016, 12:13 AM   #253
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
he was awful last year for quite a while. once the team was out of the playoff race, he played well. he is the qb who is down 28 points and throws 200 yards in garbage time. his defensive play reminds me of Phaneuf...
Who does this remind you of? I need a comparison. Preferably another 6'5 guy.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:49 AM   #254
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't know if we were oversold on dougie but this is the second straight year where he's had a very poor start. His poor start last year could be explained by the absence of Brodie which put pressure on him as well as adjusting to a new teammates.

Fast forward to this year and it's more of the same. Yes, new coach and new system but has familiarity with teammates so that excuse is gone. That horrible giveaway up the middle last night is a play that good hockey players do not make. Good players also step up their game on the face of adversity and I don't see him doing that.

I was optimistic at the time of the deal that Hamilton was going to be that elite defenceman that cup winning teams have to put their team over the top. Based on the sample size provided, I'm not sure if he's that guy.
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:02 AM   #255
RoughRiderRowdy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Dougie hamilton was the worst player on the ice. Frustrating to watch
The Following User Says Thank You to RoughRiderRowdy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #256
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have been a Dougie supporter in this thread, but last night he just looked like a hot mess. I only saw the first two periods but it sounds like he didnt get a chance to play much in the third anyways.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #257
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Im getting tired of people making excuses for him. I would bench him for a couple games
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #258
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dougie hamilton was the worst player on the ice. Frustrating to watch
Were you so frustrated with Hamilton you failed to notice ( acknowledge)the more putrid play of Gio, Gaudreau and Monahan?
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #259
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original FFIV View Post
Fast forward to this year and it's more of the same. Yes, new coach and new system but has familiarity with teammates so that excuse is gone. That horrible giveaway up the middle last night is a play that good hockey players do not make. Good players also step up their game on the face of adversity and I don't see him doing that.
I'm pretty sure good hockey players have have made horrible plays in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. Good players also go through highs and lows. Just like any other player.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #260
RoughRiderRowdy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Were you so frustrated with Hamilton you failed to notice ( acknowledge)the more putrid play of Gio, Gaudreau and Monahan?
Yes they were bad as well.