Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-19-2017, 12:01 PM   #6481
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sylvan Lake
Exp:
Default

Worst game ever

__________________
Captain James P. DeCOSTE, CD, 18 Sep 1993

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 12:07 PM   #6482
DuffMan
Franchise Player
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 127.0.0.1
Exp:
Default

One time, I looked at a treadmill in a garage sale, does that count?
__________________
Pass the bacon.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:33 PM   #6483
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Having run track in a previous life, 800m and 1500m are much more painful distances. 10k is a painful distance. The pain is different and it depends on what distances your training is focused on but some distances are just awful as theyre run at an intensity approaching that of a shorter distance and require holding it just that extra shtty bit longer. 5k and mara are sweet distances.
Replied in Running thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
If this day gets you riled up, you obviously aren't numb to the disappointment yet to be a real fan.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #6484
mrkajz44
First Line Centre
 
mrkajz44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Deep South
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I've thought really hard about running a marathon. Does that count?
Sorry, you have to put one foot in front of the other a few times. Then it counts!
__________________
Much like a sports ticker, you may feel obligated to read this
mrkajz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #6485
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sylvan Lake
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Sorry, you have to put one foot in front of the other a few times. Then it counts!
__________________
Captain James P. DeCOSTE, CD, 18 Sep 1993

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #6486
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Exp:
Default

Running is actually very therapeutic for me. When I was a kid I actually had really bad legs and had to get some braces to straighten me out, as you can imagine that wasn't very fun. Once I got them off I would run everywhere, usually if I was going anywhere I was running.

I was actually so fast I got a football scholarship. After college I went into the military but that's all I'll say about that. When I got home after serving I reconnected with this girl and she broke my heart and left me, it actually tore me up inside and I just decided to run. I can't remember how long I ran for but it must have been 3 or 4 years, all I would do is run back and forth across the country. People would follow me, just running along. One day I just got tired of running, so I stopped and went home.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #6487
Sainters7
Franchise Player
 
Sainters7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: back in the 403
Exp:
Default

^
#### happens
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 04:27 PM   #6488
IliketoPuck
#1 Goaltender
 
IliketoPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Gee I wish my unpaid overtime earned me 2 months off.
Does it earn you a bonus?
__________________
Pylon on the Edmonton Oilers:

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 PM   #6489
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

un-related to running but a gear grinder. I was at a practice the other night throwing the ball around and running around and the next morning I had excruciating pain in both ankles along the tendons.

I went to my doctor and he basically called it tendonitis and the treatment is reduced impact, cushioned soles, ice them three times a day, gentle stretching and it might go away in THREE MONTHS. Meanwhile I'm limping and moving as fast as a geriatric and stairs are almost impossible and I'm eating Tylenol like its candy because it hurts like a bugger.

So far just in our run up to our evaluation camp in June, I've popped my shoulder on my throwing arm out of its socket and now buggered both ankles up.

I'm expecting in the first practice I'm going to be demonstrating a handoff for an inside dive and tear my ACL
__________________
Good Night America . . . Wherever you are
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #6490
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Exp:
Default

Take Advil, not Tylenol. You'll want Ibuprofen for the anti-inflamitory properties.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 09:42 PM   #6491
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

I just want to be able to stand up without that one tear going down my cheek.

My bosses were all laughing at me everytime I walked down the hallway today.

I need to plot my revenge now.
__________________
Good Night America . . . Wherever you are
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #6492
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin
 
DownInFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Take Advil, not Tylenol. You'll want Ibuprofen for the anti-inflamitory properties.
It's ridiculously easy to overdose on Tylenol too. A couple of extra pills can seriously screw up your liver.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...aminophen.html
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #6493
btimbit
Franchise Player
 
btimbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Airdrie
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
un-related to running but a gear grinder. I was at a practice the other night throwing the ball around and running around and the next morning I had excruciating pain in both ankles along the tendons.

I went to my doctor and he basically called it tendonitis and the treatment is reduced impact, cushioned soles, ice them three times a day, gentle stretching and it might go away in THREE MONTHS. Meanwhile I'm limping and moving as fast as a geriatric and stairs are almost impossible and I'm eating Tylenol like its candy because it hurts like a bugger.

So far just in our run up to our evaluation camp in June, I've popped my shoulder on my throwing arm out of its socket and now buggered both ankles up.

I'm expecting in the first practice I'm going to be demonstrating a handoff for an inside dive and tear my ACL
I struggle with tendonitis in both forearms and it's brutal. Sometimes 6 months before it settles down. Then 2 years later flares up again. ####ing sucks
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #6494
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

For some reason, I've always found that Tylenol just works faster for me.

But I'll try the advil and see what happens. The worst part of this is right now, its actually costing me sleep, everytime I change positions or flex my ankles I'm awake.
__________________
Good Night America . . . Wherever you are
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:59 AM   #6495
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
For some reason, I've always found that Tylenol just works faster for me.

But I'll try the advil and see what happens. The worst part of this is right now, its actually costing me sleep, everytime I change positions or flex my ankles I'm awake.
I think Tylenol is more effective at pain relief, but Advil will help with the inflammation. If you talk to your doctor I bet they will tell you to take either Advil or a combination of Advil and Tylenol.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:44 AM   #6496
taco.vidal
First Line Centre
 
taco.vidal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
un-related to running but a gear grinder. I was at a practice the other night throwing the ball around and running around and the next morning I had excruciating pain in both ankles along the tendons.

I went to my doctor and he basically called it tendonitis and the treatment is reduced impact, cushioned soles, ice them three times a day, gentle stretching and it might go away in THREE MONTHS. Meanwhile I'm limping and moving as fast as a geriatric and stairs are almost impossible and I'm eating Tylenol like its candy because it hurts like a bugger.

So far just in our run up to our evaluation camp in June, I've popped my shoulder on my throwing arm out of its socket and now buggered both ankles up.

I'm expecting in the first practice I'm going to be demonstrating a handoff for an inside dive and tear my ACL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
For some reason, I've always found that Tylenol just works faster for me.

But I'll try the advil and see what happens. The worst part of this is right now, its actually costing me sleep, everytime I change positions or flex my ankles I'm awake.
Go see a physio to make sure you are properly diagnosed. Depending on whats going on, they may also be able to offer some treatment for it to speed up healing. Increasing blood flow to the area may help.

Tendinitis is usually caused by repetitive movement. For example, a common one you may hear of often is tendinitis in the elbow; tennis elbow or golfers elbow. You typically dont get tendinitis from an afternoon of tennis or golf. It happens after a period of time of doing the same motion that causes the tendon to become inflamed. So it seems unusual, but not impossible, that after one practice where you running that you end up with tendinitis in both lower legs.

Also, since its in both legs it doesnt seem like an acute injury. For example, you may have rolled an ankle and not noticed but its unlikely you did that in both legs.

Like I said, have a practitioner whose expertise is diagnosing and treating injuries take a look at it.

The physio might also be able to help you figure out what caused the injury so that you dont repeat it. It could be bad shoes, weak supporting muscles, rushing into too much activity too quickly especially if youve been sedentary through the winter.
__________________
______________________________________________________________________________
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #6497
darockwilder
Scoring Winger
 
darockwilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Exp:
Default

If you have high blood pressure you should avoid Advil.
__________________
Sent from an adult man under a dumpster
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #6498
TheSutterDynasty
Powerplay Quarterback
 
TheSutterDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Go see a physio to make sure you are properly diagnosed. Depending on whats going on, they may also be able to offer some treatment for it to speed up healing. Increasing blood flow to the area may help.

Tendinitis is usually caused by repetitive movement. For example, a common one you may hear of often is tendinitis in the elbow; tennis elbow or golfers elbow. You typically dont get tendinitis from an afternoon of tennis or golf. It happens after a period of time of doing the same motion that causes the tendon to become inflamed. So it seems unusual, but not impossible, that after one practice where you running that you end up with tendinitis in both lower legs.

Also, since its in both legs it doesnt seem like an acute injury. For example, you may have rolled an ankle and not noticed but its unlikely you did that in both legs.

Like I said, have a practitioner whose expertise is diagnosing and treating injuries take a look at it.

The physio might also be able to help you figure out what caused the injury so that you dont repeat it. It could be bad shoes, weak supporting muscles, rushing into too much activity too quickly especially if youve been sedentary through the winter.
Physio will 100% help any musculoskeletal condition. Even if it's getting better and healing, physio will speed the process up. I've said it before, though, you need to find a good one and not just one that uses modalities (need exercise and manual therapy, IMS/dry needling at times).

Also to clarify, 'tendonitis' just means an inflammed tendon. After 3-7 days it's not longer an "itis" and is now just generally an "opathy", ie tendonopathy ("there's something wrong with the tendon). So in his case it could be a tendonitis (and it is acute as that just describes timeline), a repetitive strain, or he could have acute swelling to a joint acutely (which you would call arthritis but that's a pretty adverse word!).
__________________
fan noun: an ardent admirer or enthusiast
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:33 PM   #6499
calgarygeologist
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Exp:
Default

Superstore's awful beef grading grinds my gears. I don't usually buy meat there but decided to pick up a few steaks this weekend because the price was too good to resist for AAA beef. I got to the store and the advertised steaks had absolutely no marbling. The steaks probably should have been graded A.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #6500
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day
 
jayswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Superstore's awful beef grading grinds my gears. I don't usually buy meat there but decided to pick up a few steaks this weekend because the price was too good to resist for AAA beef. I got to the store and the advertised steaks had absolutely no marbling. The steaks probably should have been graded A.
All fresh product at superstore should be graded F, actually.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Calgary Flames
2016-17




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016