Worst game ever

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 12:07 PM   #6482
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

One time, I looked at a treadmill in a garage sale, does that count?
Old 05-19-2017, 12:33 PM   #6483
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Having run track in a previous life, 800m and 1500m are much more painful distances. 10k is a painful distance. The pain is different and it depends on what distances your training is focused on but some distances are just awful as theyre run at an intensity approaching that of a shorter distance and require holding it just that extra shtty bit longer. 5k and mara are sweet distances.
Replied in Running thread.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #6484
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I've thought really hard about running a marathon. Does that count?
Sorry, you have to put one foot in front of the other a few times. Then it counts!
Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #6485
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Sorry, you have to put one foot in front of the other a few times. Then it counts!

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #6486
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Running is actually very therapeutic for me. When I was a kid I actually had really bad legs and had to get some braces to straighten me out, as you can imagine that wasn't very fun. Once I got them off I would run everywhere, usually if I was going anywhere I was running.

I was actually so fast I got a football scholarship. After college I went into the military but that's all I'll say about that. When I got home after serving I reconnected with this girl and she broke my heart and left me, it actually tore me up inside and I just decided to run. I can't remember how long I ran for but it must have been 3 or 4 years, all I would do is run back and forth across the country. People would follow me, just running along. One day I just got tired of running, so I stopped and went home.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #6487
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

^
#### happens
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 04:27 PM   #6488
IliketoPuck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Gee I wish my unpaid overtime earned me 2 months off.
Does it earn you a bonus?

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 PM   #6489
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

un-related to running but a gear grinder. I was at a practice the other night throwing the ball around and running around and the next morning I had excruciating pain in both ankles along the tendons.

I went to my doctor and he basically called it tendonitis and the treatment is reduced impact, cushioned soles, ice them three times a day, gentle stretching and it might go away in THREE MONTHS. Meanwhile I'm limping and moving as fast as a geriatric and stairs are almost impossible and I'm eating Tylenol like its candy because it hurts like a bugger.

So far just in our run up to our evaluation camp in June, I've popped my shoulder on my throwing arm out of its socket and now buggered both ankles up.

I'm expecting in the first practice I'm going to be demonstrating a handoff for an inside dive and tear my ACL
Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #6490
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Take Advil, not Tylenol. You'll want Ibuprofen for the anti-inflamitory properties.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 09:42 PM   #6491
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I just want to be able to stand up without that one tear going down my cheek.

My bosses were all laughing at me everytime I walked down the hallway today.

I need to plot my revenge now.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #6492
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Take Advil, not Tylenol. You'll want Ibuprofen for the anti-inflamitory properties.
It's ridiculously easy to overdose on Tylenol too. A couple of extra pills can seriously screw up your liver.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...aminophen.html
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #6493
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
un-related to running but a gear grinder. I was at a practice the other night throwing the ball around and running around and the next morning I had excruciating pain in both ankles along the tendons.

I went to my doctor and he basically called it tendonitis and the treatment is reduced impact, cushioned soles, ice them three times a day, gentle stretching and it might go away in THREE MONTHS. Meanwhile I'm limping and moving as fast as a geriatric and stairs are almost impossible and I'm eating Tylenol like its candy because it hurts like a bugger.

So far just in our run up to our evaluation camp in June, I've popped my shoulder on my throwing arm out of its socket and now buggered both ankles up.

I'm expecting in the first practice I'm going to be demonstrating a handoff for an inside dive and tear my ACL
I struggle with tendonitis in both forearms and it's brutal. Sometimes 6 months before it settles down. Then 2 years later flares up again. ####ing sucks
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #6494
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

For some reason, I've always found that Tylenol just works faster for me.

But I'll try the advil and see what happens. The worst part of this is right now, its actually costing me sleep, everytime I change positions or flex my ankles I'm awake.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:59 AM   #6495
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

But I'll try the advil and see what happens. The worst part of this is right now, its actually costing me sleep, everytime I change positions or flex my ankles I'm awake.
I think Tylenol is more effective at pain relief, but Advil will help with the inflammation. If you talk to your doctor I bet they will tell you to take either Advil or a combination of Advil and Tylenol.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:44 AM   #6496
taco.vidal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:

Go see a physio to make sure you are properly diagnosed. Depending on whats going on, they may also be able to offer some treatment for it to speed up healing. Increasing blood flow to the area may help.

Tendinitis is usually caused by repetitive movement. For example, a common one you may hear of often is tendinitis in the elbow; tennis elbow or golfers elbow. You typically dont get tendinitis from an afternoon of tennis or golf. It happens after a period of time of doing the same motion that causes the tendon to become inflamed. So it seems unusual, but not impossible, that after one practice where you running that you end up with tendinitis in both lower legs.

Also, since its in both legs it doesnt seem like an acute injury. For example, you may have rolled an ankle and not noticed but its unlikely you did that in both legs.

Like I said, have a practitioner whose expertise is diagnosing and treating injuries take a look at it.

The physio might also be able to help you figure out what caused the injury so that you dont repeat it. It could be bad shoes, weak supporting muscles, rushing into too much activity too quickly especially if youve been sedentary through the winter.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #6497
darockwilder
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If you have high blood pressure you should avoid Advil.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #6498
TheSutterDynasty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Go see a physio to make sure you are properly diagnosed. Depending on whats going on, they may also be able to offer some treatment for it to speed up healing. Increasing blood flow to the area may help.

Tendinitis is usually caused by repetitive movement. For example, a common one you may hear of often is tendinitis in the elbow; tennis elbow or golfers elbow. You typically dont get tendinitis from an afternoon of tennis or golf. It happens after a period of time of doing the same motion that causes the tendon to become inflamed. So it seems unusual, but not impossible, that after one practice where you running that you end up with tendinitis in both lower legs.

Also, since its in both legs it doesnt seem like an acute injury. For example, you may have rolled an ankle and not noticed but its unlikely you did that in both legs.

Like I said, have a practitioner whose expertise is diagnosing and treating injuries take a look at it.

The physio might also be able to help you figure out what caused the injury so that you dont repeat it. It could be bad shoes, weak supporting muscles, rushing into too much activity too quickly especially if youve been sedentary through the winter.
Physio will 100% help any musculoskeletal condition. Even if it's getting better and healing, physio will speed the process up. I've said it before, though, you need to find a good one and not just one that uses modalities (need exercise and manual therapy, IMS/dry needling at times).

Also to clarify, 'tendonitis' just means an inflammed tendon. After 3-7 days it's not longer an "itis" and is now just generally an "opathy", ie tendonopathy ("there's something wrong with the tendon). So in his case it could be a tendonitis (and it is acute as that just describes timeline), a repetitive strain, or he could have acute swelling to a joint acutely (which you would call arthritis but that's a pretty adverse word!).
Old 05-21-2017, 06:33 PM   #6499
calgarygeologist
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Superstore's awful beef grading grinds my gears. I don't usually buy meat there but decided to pick up a few steaks this weekend because the price was too good to resist for AAA beef. I got to the store and the advertised steaks had absolutely no marbling. The steaks probably should have been graded A.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #6500
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Superstore's awful beef grading grinds my gears. I don't usually buy meat there but decided to pick up a few steaks this weekend because the price was too good to resist for AAA beef. I got to the store and the advertised steaks had absolutely no marbling. The steaks probably should have been graded A.
All fresh product at superstore should be graded F, actually.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote