Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #21
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I disagree. I think using your feet regularly is symptomatic of bad positioning to begin with. If you are in ready position - crouched, arms in front, weight slightly forward, you will react a lot faster to a low ball with a dive than with your feet. Further, since your weight is shifted forward, you would have to shift your weight back to put your feet in play.

There's a reason why you rarely, if ever, see feet in play in competitive volleyball.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #22
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

That's a good point. I was talking to a more reactionary move when you aren't "ready".

Note that my entire volleyball experience is made up of 2 seasons of rec beach volleyball. I think I know what I'm talking about.

()
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:33 AM   #23
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

People who wipe their boogers on the wall in front of the urinal. It's bloody disgusting (sometimes literally). Someone actually did this in the office bathroom and I am trying to figure out which adult in my office would do that. Granted, we do have the occasional contractor or client coming though, but either way, I think it is pretty likely that a grown man did this.

I see it to in the bar and in restaurants all the time.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #24
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
People who wipe their boogers on the wall in front of the urinal. It's bloody disgusting (sometimes literally). Someone actually did this in the office bathroom and I am trying to figure out which adult in my office would do that. Granted, we do have the occasional contractor or client coming though, but either way, I think it is pretty likely that a grown man did this.

Never in my life have I heard of anybody doing this

But I'll be sure to never ever look at the front of a urinal wall again.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #25
PepsiFree
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I disagree. I think using your feet regularly is symptomatic of bad positioning to begin with. If you are in ready position - crouched, arms in front, weight slightly forward, you will react a lot faster to a low ball with a dive than with your feet. Further, since your weight is shifted forward, you would have to shift your weight back to put your feet in play.

There's a reason why you rarely, if ever, see feet in play in competitive volleyball.

Unless you're playing foot volleyball!
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #26
peter12
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Yes, a filthy habit.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #27
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

This is a problem in our professional office, its so gross and its in the stalls and urinals. I don't understand.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #28
Nyah
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I find adult public bathroom habits perplexing sometimes. We have an individual(s) at work who refuses to flush the toilet, regardless of what they've left in there. To the point where building maintenance put reminders on all the stall doors to "Please flush the toilet when exiting the stall". The fact that those signs are needed is sad & hilarious.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #29
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Regarding the LaFarge plant, they have been dismantling it for over a month now. It is the reason the deerfoot upgrades that were to start this year were cancelled. With the land now potentially being available to construct on, a 2 year study is being done to decide on a new design, potentially with a finally functioning interchange for Anderson/Bow Bottom/Deerfoot.

City (or province?) just have to see what price Remington wants for it now.

BlackArcher101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #30
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
I find adult public bathroom habits perplexing sometimes. We have an individual(s) at work who refuses to flush the toilet, regardless of what they've left in there. To the point where building maintenance put reminders on all the stall doors to "Please flush the toilet when exiting the stall". The fact that those signs are needed is sad & hilarious.
I find people's cleanliness habits at work puzzling in general. I simply can't imagine that they are as dirty and disgusting at home, as they are at work, whether it be the things they do (or don't do) in the bathrooms, to the condition they leave the common kitchen areas in. Cringe worthy for sure.
bigtmac19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:23 PM   #31
bob-loblaw
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

WRGMG is when people are driving and realize they need turn around, then do the first point of a three-point turn on my driveway. They seem to like doing it when I'm in my garage with my garage door open or I'm mowing my lawn. I'm literally right there. There's at least twenty driveways I can see without cars on them and yet you choose mine?

First of all the street is wide enough that you don't have to go up on the sidewalk and onto someone's driveway, so learn how to operate your car properly. Secondly, why do it when I'm right there? Do you want to show me how clueless and lost you are and that you don't have a GPS or can't follow it? Wouldn't a normal person turn around on someone's property when they're not there? Finally, the end of the block is four houses away so turn around there where there's tons of space on the road to do it.
bob-loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:16 PM   #32
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Why do people make such a big deal about a "royal visit?" Does a visit to Canada by Will and Kate really need constant news coverage? On a broader scale, why does anyone still care about this outdated monarchy?
When was the last time you spoke with your Grandmother? Because my Grandmother lives for these visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I think Kate Middleton is cute, so there's that.

Prince George is awesome though. Did you see his bath robe picture with Obama? So cool.

Spoiler!

Prince William is going to be Canada's official head of state at some point, so it is newsworthy when he visits at least.
Royalty..."I'm not putting on pants for this!"
Old 09-26-2016, 02:29 PM   #33
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

You make pizza exclusively for a living. Part of that is cutting said pizza. How frikking hard is it to cut it all the way through, so I don't have to rip it apart like an animal?

Sharpen your bloody pizza knife Luigi!
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #34
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
You make pizza exclusively for a living. Part of that is cutting said pizza. How frikking hard is it to cut it all the way through, so I don't have to rip it apart like an animal?

If your name is Luigi all of your knives are pizza knives....
Old 09-26-2016, 02:34 PM   #35
calgarygeologist
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
When was the last time you spoke with your Grandmother? Because my Grandmother lives for these visits.
My grandma only gets excited about the pope.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #36
peter12
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

This is a strange post only because it is Monday afternoon.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:38 PM   #37
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
My grandma only gets excited about the pope.
I propose that we get the Pope and Prince William to fight in a cage match at the MGM Grand.

The ratings would be through the roof.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:42 PM   #38
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

The monarchy is a symbol and a tradition. Part of what makes Canada unique is this remaining link to Britain, our governmental institutions owe much to the British model and there is no diminution in sovereignty in acknowledging this.

The whole thing about traditions is that they generally make little rational sense. They exist in the realm of mythology, and what more appropriately mythical remnant from another time than a monarch?
Old 09-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #39
MoneyGuy
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I love pizza cut like that because I always manage (hehe) to get a little extra topping.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #40
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Peter, I have your back... just this one time.