Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-08-2017, 06:30 AM   #1
Morning Wood
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default LF: LG 65" E6 TV Packaging

Was wondering if anybody in Calgary and area has kept their original packaging (box, dust cover, styrofoam). Thought I kept everything but roommate threw most of it out during basement cleanup. Let me know what you got, thanks!
Morning Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
DoubleF
First Line Centre
 
DoubleF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Exp:
Default

Sorry, can't help you, but curious question, why do you need the packaging?

If you're contemplating transporting it and need to seal the TV from dust etc., the trick I learned working in a warehouse many moons ago, when transporting things wrap everything in saran wrap. Consider sealing some foam in the saran wrap to protect corners if needed. After that, you might be able to use any type of box that will fix a 65" TV and not have to specifically find the one you're looking for.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
red sky
First Line Centre
 
red sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Exp:
Default

I am pretty sure the OP knows a thing or two about wrapping it.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to red sky For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
Morning Wood
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Sorry, can't help you, but curious question, why do you need the packaging?

If you're contemplating transporting it and need to seal the TV from dust etc., the trick I learned working in a warehouse many moons ago, when transporting things wrap everything in saran wrap. Consider sealing some foam in the saran wrap to protect corners if needed. After that, you might be able to use any type of box that will fix a 65" TV and not have to specifically find the one you're looking for.
Was aware of Saran Wrap, but this tv is super thin (2.57 mm thick at its thinnest point) and would have preferred to have it in packaging that it came with for ease of mind since everything should fit well. I didn't really expect anyone to have this available, but thought there's nothing to lose in trying.
Morning Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #5
red sky
First Line Centre
 
red sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Exp:
Default

Always looking for a spare box hey?

I'll be here all day, contributing nothing to this thread.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to red sky For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #6
btimbit
Franchise Player
 
btimbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Airdrie
Exp:
Default

If you're that concerned, I'd just do the saran wrap, then get a box like this, and after the TV is in stuff the box with blankets
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #7
Morning Wood
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
If you're that concerned, I'd just do the saran wrap, then get a box like this, and after the TV is in stuff the box with blankets
The probability of that happening is about 99%. Still got a week or so before the move, so will be on the lookout until then
Morning Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
jwslam
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
The probability of that happening is about 99%. Still got a week or so before the move, so will be on the lookout until then
Sounds about right, as wrapping it up is only 99% effective.

*also here to contribute nothing to this thread.*
jwslam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jwslam For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Calgary Flames
2016-17




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016