Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2015, 03:02 AM   #1
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:
Question Wildrose leadership contender Brian Jean

Quote:
“Albertans need to be able to trust us. When they see our reaction it will be quick. It will be ruthless. It will make sure Albertans know they can continue to trust us and know we’re not some little gang of crazies.

“I understand the Charter of Rights and the Constitution and that is the ultimate law of the land. I will not let anybody in the party under my leadership that believes otherwise.

“That means all Albertans are treated equally and all Albertans are governed equally. It doesn’t matter what colour you are or your sexual orientation. We are there for all Albertans.”
Quote:
He slams former Wildrose leader Danielle Smith for not giving candidates in the 2012 election the heave-ho, one with his comments about gays burning in Hell’s “lake of fire” and one who talked about his advantage as a Caucasian candidate.

“She wasn’t able to make decisions. She waffled a lot,” says Jean, who claims Smith “burned out” before defecting to the Progressive Conservatives along with eight others in what is known in Wildrose circles as “the betrayal.”

“She should have fired those people. Immediately. There should have been no hesitation. It was ridiculous. They should have been gone. That’s what a leader does.
Quote:
On the financial side, Jean says Wildrose would cut about the same amount as Prentice and go after paper-shuffling bloat in the government.

They would not hike taxes as Prentice plans but would borrow in the short term to fill part of the $7 billion shortfall in this year’s budget.

Jean says he hates borrowing. He says it makes him feel sick. But he doesn’t want to “place the burden of PC mismanagement on the backs of Alberta families.”
Quote:
On cuts, Jean says they must be done but only after talking to those on the front lines, a familiar promise. “Who makes these cuts? I’ve been around government long enough to know who makes these cuts and it’s the people at the top,” says the man who served in the same federal Tory government as Prentice.

“So the person at the top says to the five or six people under him and they say to the 20 or 30 people under them, we have to find 5% in savings.

“Where do they cut? They’re going to cut the bottom people. They’re not going to cut themselves.”
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/03/04...rs-and-crazies
Old 03-05-2015, 03:45 AM   #2
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Not a social conservative, and can't bring himself to cut enough to balance the budget. Sounds to me like he's a bleeding-heart liberal with an identity crisis.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote