Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #21
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Given that the deadline to register for relocation was Friday May 13, I would assume we will hear about our exact time slot this week.

Quoted from my email:

Planning for the annual Calgary Flames Seat Relocation Event is underway. We are currently confirming dates for the event and anticipate that it will be held May 24-27, 2016.
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #22
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
Given that the deadline to register for relocation was Friday May 13, I would assume we will hear about our exact time slot this week.

Quoted from my email:

Planning for the annual Calgary Flames Seat Relocation Event is underway. We are currently confirming dates for the event and anticipate that it will be held May 24-27, 2016.
From an email received Monday regarding Club relocation,

Please note that if you registered for the general Seat Relocation Event (May 26-27 & 30-31) for seat locations outside of the Chrysler Club, a separate email will be sent to you.
homestand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homestand For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #23
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Considering We got our club dates/times the week of the relocation I would assume the general relocation will be the same.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #24
EuKnoLikeMonny
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
It depends if you got offered actual seats, or if your PL seats are the "while youre waiting seats".

If you have actual offered seats then you can move anywhere in the Dome as long as you pay the upgraded price. If you took the "while you wait" seats, then you have to stay in PL for whatever the allotted time they had specified.

I don't have anything from the Flames on my date yet. Kinda odd given that the relocation is in a week.
Hm, interesting. I'm in PL2 row 15, and my relocation email from last season says I can't relocate lower than row 4 of PL. Talking to Flames office a month ago, they were under the impression that that was still the case.

In this current relocation email though, I wonder if it was just a blanket email to all, discussing that yes you are able to relocate anywhere outside of your pay plan, and have to pay the difference immediately.

Guess we won't know till we actually log in on the date, and see what they provide to ticket holders in rows 4+ of PL
EuKnoLikeMonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:36 PM   #25
EuKnoLikeMonny
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Never mind, I mis-read the above post I quoted.

Although I did not take the 'as you wait', I just signed up outright when they opened up the option for those tickets on June 26, 2014 (just pulled it up) so, technically I wasn't waiting, I bought them out right.
EuKnoLikeMonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM   #26
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just finished my CC relocation and wow is it much better than the past. It is very slick however make sure you guys at least click the hold seats button after you find some seat you might like. I found some I liked but I wanted to just look at some other sections first. I assumed adding them to my cart would hold them but it does not as you need one more step.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spetch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 01:53 PM   #27
jmac98
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
Just finished my CC relocation and wow is it much better than the past. It is very slick however make sure you guys at least click the hold seats button after you find some seat you might like. I found some I liked but I wanted to just look at some other sections first. I assumed adding them to my cart would hold them but it does not as you need one more step.
Good information, thank you.

So you can hold one set of seats I take it, and browse a bit more otherwise before confirming?

Also, were there a fair amount of seats to select from this year?
jmac98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:31 PM   #28
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac98 View Post
Good information, thank you.

So you can hold one set of seats I take it, and browse a bit more otherwise before confirming?

Also, were there a fair amount of seats to select from this year?
You can hold a set of seats for 3 minutes after you click the hold seats button. I found a different set similar to the ones i missed so I finalized my transaction thinking I would try back closer to the end of my time. Turns out you cannot use the online version once you "relocate". I just phoned in to see if anything was available and there wasn't. I would assume there was a link back to the viewer once you "hold" your seats I just didn't bother looking as I was 80% happy with my new ones.

As for the amount of seats there sure wasn't much in the CC to choose from. Very few silver spots except for middle or end of rows (lower bowl spots with only one entrance into the row). If I was to guess a number I would say 12-15. Gold seemed to be about the same, possible a bit more as there were more golds available in secs 217-221, but I wasn't interested in moving back to golds so I didn't look too close. Lower bowl clubs there was very few expect in 115-117 and 122. Any other lower bowl clubs were in the first few rows, which imo have crappy blind spots.

I think they should make small tweaks like being able to relocate online still after already relocating once during your time. but it is 100% improvement for a STH like myself who cannot make it down to Calgary. It also allowed me to see exactly in the row where the seats were, unlike my phone call last year when the rep told me they were 2 seats from the aisle when in fact they were directly in the middle of the longest or rows in the second bowl.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spetch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #29
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
You can hold a set of seats for 3 minutes after you click the hold seats button. I found a different set similar to the ones i missed so I finalized my transaction thinking I would try back closer to the end of my time. Turns out you cannot use the online version once you "relocate". I just phoned in to see if anything was available and there wasn't. I would assume there was a link back to the viewer once you "hold" your seats I just didn't bother looking as I was 80% happy with my new ones.

As for the amount of seats there sure wasn't much in the CC to choose from. Very few silver spots except for middle or end of rows (lower bowl spots with only one entrance into the row). If I was to guess a number I would say 12-15. Gold seemed to be about the same, possible a bit more as there were more golds available in secs 217-221, but I wasn't interested in moving back to golds so I didn't look too close. Lower bowl clubs there was very few expect in 115-117 and 122. Any other lower bowl clubs were in the first few rows, which imo have crappy blind spots.

I think they should make small tweaks like being able to relocate online still after already relocating once during your time. but it is 100% improvement for a STH like myself who cannot make it down to Calgary. It also allowed me to see exactly in the row where the seats were, unlike my phone call last year when the rep told me they were 2 seats from the aisle when in fact they were directly in the middle of the longest or rows in the second bowl.
Thanks for this. So to be clear, if you choose to relocate to new seats, you can't sit there for the entire 45 minute window and see if anything better comes up?
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #30
jmac98
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey man, thank you so much for taking the time to write that out, I really appreciate it as I'm sure others do also.

My only thought as to why you can only go in once and relocate is probably just to prevent an overload to the server as I imagine a good chunk of people even after they relocate would probably log back in over the next few days quite constantly just to see what else is around, etc, and it would maybe prevent others from logging in at there time and getting errors or whatever.
I'm not very computer savvy so I might be wrong, but I do remember trying to log in to leisure centres to get my kids registered for swim and I'd get messages to try back later due to volume, so this is a guess.

As well, beyond just too many online at once, I wonder if they just want people to get there turn in the process based on seniority and be done with it versus continually checking in all the same even without server issues. In theory the first to view would have the best options, but I know that there can be people later in the process that give up seats others who logged in earlier may enjoy - so it's not a perfect system as you say but I imagine the online method is just to prevent overloading.

Once again, thank you for the reply.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #31
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Thanks for this. So to be clear, if you choose to relocate to new seats, you can't sit there for the entire 45 minute window and see if anything better comes up?
Correct, once I confirmed my new seats and payment plan, the option to relocated left my account manager. The only way after I could relocate after that was via phone. If you didn't confirm a new set of seats you can view the seat selector until your time runs out and wait to see if something becomes available. I do remember seeing some sections turn from red to green & vice versa a few times as others were obviously changing/holding seats while I was browsing. I can imagine with the general relocation it would change a lot more with there being a lot more STH's looking to move.
The Following User Says Thank You to spetch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #32
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

May 30th @ 5pm for me. 27th of 36 relocation sessions.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #33
jmac98
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
May 30th @ 5pm for me. 27th of 36 relocation sessions.
May 31st, 2:00pm for me.

Where did you see what session # you were?
Old 05-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #34
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac98 View Post
May 31st, 2:00pm for me.

Where did you see what session # you were?
You are 33 of 36.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #35
jmac98
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Get out of my head!!!
Old 05-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #36
jmac98
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thanks heep, I appreciate it.

Still bringing up the rear over here. :/

Babysteps I guess.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:09 PM   #37
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

May 27 from 4:00-4:45.

I believe this is my 12th year as a STH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:10 PM   #38
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

May 26 5:00pm

STH since 2004

Last edited by homestand; 05-19-2016 at 04:00 PM.
homestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #39
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

May 27 @ 5:00pm for me. Where are you guys getting these session numbers from?
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:22 PM   #40
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:
Icon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
May 27 @ 5:00pm for me. Where are you guys getting these session numbers from?
This is my session as well.

Last year I phoned a day in advance and they didn't say a word. Wonder if I can do that again!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post: