Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2023, 07:45 PM   #81
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I still remember driving by a full fake town built in foothills industrial every morning and how surreal that felt. Then another morning I looked down off glenmore as I passed over ogden and saw a street randomly turned into a zombie wasteland of abandoned vehicles. I was pretty hungover and had to triple take to make sure it was real, lol.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2023, 03:34 PM   #82
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
It's really too bad that our location doesn't work for season two. But you have to look back with fondness that such a monstrous television series called Calgary and area home. Hopefully the effects of that are felt for decades to come in the local film industry.
TLOU proved that with minimal CGI, southern Alberta can replicate a huge chunk of US geography. I think we'll start seeing a lot of shows start shooting here that features a lot of travel in their story but don't want to move their production multiple times
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:41 AM   #83
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9715940/c...jv__Id9X58-8tU

Filmmaking in Calgary gets on the map with location of the year award

Calgary’s film and television industry has another win to celebrate.

After a banner year in productions that included marquee projects like HBO’s The Last of Us, the Fraggle Rock reboot and the 17th season of CBC’s Heartland, a trio of standing sets won the Location of the Year Award at the Global Production Awards in Cannes, France.

According to Screen Daily, one judge said the Calgary-area locations “provided decades of filmmakers with a rock-solid filmmaking venue, bringing a high level of production support in a stunning natural setting.”

Azevedo said the Alberta contingent immediately got interest from a cohort of producers and executives that aren’t usually found in Los Angeles or New York.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2023, 12:04 PM   #84
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

part of the reason why Hollywood developed in california is that you can replicate most of the world within california.

Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2023, 04:16 PM   #85
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

17 seasons of Heartland? Holy ####. Didn't realize I've been completely ignoring it for that long.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sigh