Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Police wont be charged in death of boy: MTL

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/crown-e...iser-1.2113287

Quote:
Crown prosecutors are standing firm on not charging a Quebec police officer who was driving more than 50 kilometres per hour above the speed limit when he hit a family’s car, killing a five-year-old boy.
The Surete du Quebec officer was in an unmarked police car, speeding along boulevard Gaetan Boucher in Longueuil, Que., on Feb. 13, before slamming into the Belance family car as it made a left-hand turn.
Mike Belance and his daughter were badly injured in the crash. Five-year-old Nicolas Thorne-Belance died four days later in hospital.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/crown-e...#ixzz3JosKOYyg

I think charges should have been laid. To me this is bad decision making. You were following a vehicle driving dangerously with your lights off, and the result is a dead child. Terrible.

Quote:
The Crown confirmed that the police vehicle, and two other cruisers, were following another vehicle at the time of the crash.
"A police person was assigned to follow someone, and he was catching up on a target," said Verret.

Last edited by White Out 403; 11-22-2014 at 10:34 AM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't know why its not dangerous driving causing death at the very least. Criminal negligence causing death sound even better.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think if police are allowed to travel 122 km/h in a 50 km/h zone they should be required to have lights flashing at the very least. It seems that based the letter of the law the officer did nothing wrong, so perhaps it's the law that needs some adjustments.

If the police car had it's lights flashing there is no way the other driver would have made the left hand turn into it's path.
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote