Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #121
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

In terms of masterworks, are improved stats better, or options such as hidden blades/berserk better?
Old 01-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #122
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
In terms of masterworks, are improved stats better, or options such as hidden blades/berserk better?
Hidden blades is the most powerful masterwork for weapons. The items that give you a 20-40% chance of a 10% stat boost aren't worth it, unless you're extremely lucky you'll waste a ton of mats trying for them. Save scumming doesn't work as the % chance of success is determined when you get the item, not when you try to craft with it
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #123
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Excellent thank you. I suppose I'll come to you for all my advice for my mage of some race I will make once I'm done this play though.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #124
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Excellent thank you. I suppose I'll come to you for all my advice for my mage of some race I will make once I'm done this play though.
You're on your own there. Tried to play a mage but got bored of it fairly quickly, they just don't appeal to me. Only thing I really know about them is that if you go Knight Enchanter you'll never die, but they don't do a lot of damage either
Old 01-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #125
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

One think I will note is that the weapon drops suck in the game. The only way to get great weapons and armor is to craft them yourself.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #126
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
One think I will note is that the weapon drops suck in the game. The only way to get great weapons and armor is to craft them yourself.
It's not that they suck, I basically ignored the crafting system and did my first playthrough with dropped gear only (normal difficulty) and didn't have any trouble. It's just that crafted gear is so overpowered, by level 14 you can make weapons and armor that are more powerful than any drops in the game, even the level 18 "endgame" stuff. I wish they had made more unique items, like the legendary bow you get from a dragon that shoots 3 projectiles with every shot. More drops like that would at least get you to think about how to outfit your character a little more, and could encourage you to try a new build you wouldn't have otherwise (Diablo 3 is one of the best games for this)
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #127
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
It's not that they suck, I basically ignored the crafting system and did my first playthrough with dropped gear only (normal difficulty) and didn't have any trouble. It's just that crafted gear is so overpowered, by level 14 you can make weapons and armor that are more powerful than any drops in the game, even the level 18 "endgame" stuff. I wish they had made more unique items, like the legendary bow you get from a dragon that shoots 3 projectiles with every shot. More drops like that would at least get you to think about how to outfit your character a little more, and could encourage you to try a new build you wouldn't have otherwise (Diablo 3 is one of the best games for this)
Yeah I think of Diablo specifically when I think of a franchise that's mastered the drop system. It makes you more willing to search every inch of every nook and cranny.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:58 PM   #128
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Decided to tangle with my first dragon today, the one in the Hinterlands. Got him to 50% health, but he ended up coming out on top.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #129
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Decided to tangle with my first dragon today, the one in the Hinterlands. Got him to 50% health, but he ended up coming out on top.
What level are you? What's your party composition? Have you gotten Class Specializations yet?

If you've unlocked specializations, keep Sera in your party. She rocks. I was level 13 when I took him down.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:20 AM   #130
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

My game freezes or crashes any time I try to travel to the three regions on the left of the screen (Xbox One). Is there a fix?
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:34 AM   #131
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What level are you? What's your party composition? Have you gotten Class Specializations yet?

If you've unlocked specializations, keep Sera in your party. She rocks. I was level 13 when I took him down.
It was more for fun than anything else. I didn't expect to win.

When I fought it, I was at lvl 11.

My character is a sword and board warrior. I had Cassandra along as another sword and board, Vivienne for magic and Sera for bow.

No specializations unlocked yet that I'm aware of.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #132
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
My game freezes or crashes any time I try to travel to the three regions on the left of the screen (Xbox One). Is there a fix?
That's never happened to me and lord knows I've travelled back and forth to every area dozens of times. The only glitch I encountered and it happened twice on the XB1 version was the right stick function stopped working and the fix was to clear the XB1 cache (press and hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it off then reboot).
Old 01-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #133
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
That's never happened to me and lord knows I've travelled back and forth to every area dozens of times. The only glitch I encountered and it happened twice on the XB1 version was the right stick function stopped working and the fix was to clear the XB1 cache (press and hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it off then reboot).
Been working with EA support, but still no solution.

Tried resetting XBOX and clearing cache. Then, clearing and resetting account.

Next they will probably tell me to reinstall game. They are perplexed.

Another bug - killed Ishmael in his second form - he never took third form or dropped his loot. I was stuck in the room by energy barriers, but party member slipped through the barrier and I could claim keep. Ishmael quest still shows on map as unresolved.

My Mage was able to romance Cassandra. The scene was more graphic than I expected.

Update - reinstalling the game fixed the travel problems.

Last edited by troutman; 02-04-2015 at 03:48 PM.
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #134
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else done a restart after quite a number hours into the game? Im really not happy with my character choice and class- went with an Elf Rogue. Not sure why as I usually lean toward the basic warrior/fighter classes in these games. Just took Blackwall into the inquisition and really prefer the abilities and style that can come with Warrior. You can play any of the inquisition characters at any time, but I prefer sticking mainly with my developed character.

I also wasn't paying great attention to the story line at the beginning and think I could benefit from starting again.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 02-18-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #135
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here is the main Dragon Age panel during PAX. Fun part from 14:45 to 18:00.

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:19 PM   #136
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did they ever address the concerns of many PC players who wanted the option to make the controls similar to the other Dragon Age games, such as click-to-move?
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote