Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-29-2016, 10:46 PM   #161
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tkachuk is going to look good playing next to McDavid. I could see MacT and KLowne screwing this one up but I think this one is too easy for Chiarelli to miss on.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:22 AM   #162
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think anybody with above average skills (basically any top 6 winger in the league) will look good beside McDavid. I'm still in the camp that the Oilers are idiots if they don't trade that pick or draft a D man. Tkachuk doesn't help them - their forward corps is not perfect but it's fine. Would be moronic to draft another forward, and Tkachuk looks good but I don't see a franchise player there, probably a solid productive NHL top 6 winger which is not a hard asset to acquire compared to a top defenceman.

They are never going to win anything without adding two top pairing D, and no one is going to trade them those players for soft supporting players like Eberle, Yakupov or RNH anymore. Hall is the only guy they have who another team will move a young front line defenceman for (obviously McDavid is staying put), outside chance Draisaitl, but despite the hype, he's been terrible outside of one 2/3 month stretch so you're more likely looking at a similar dman with good upside but not established coming back...

So just move down 3 or 4 picks and grab Juolevi... Add another asset, get what you need to build a winning team.

They are so bad because they don't know how to build a team, and picking Tkachuk would be another bad mistake by them unless they are moving Hall for a dman in a seperate deal and Tkachuk is basically a replacement.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2016, 06:18 AM   #163
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

But that toe drag and bar down.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:01 AM   #164
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
But that toe drag and bar down.
should translate in to a career of 700 g and 600 a easy.

I also predict he will take after his dad and have several contractual holdouts over the course of his career.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:09 AM   #165
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
I think anybody with above average skills (basically any top 6 winger in the league) will look good beside McDavid. I'm still in the camp that the Oilers are idiots if they don't trade that pick or draft a D man. Tkachuk doesn't help them - their forward corps is not perfect but it's fine. Would be moronic to draft another forward, and Tkachuk looks good but I don't see a franchise player there, probably a solid productive NHL top 6 winger which is not a hard asset to acquire compared to a top defenceman.

They are never going to win anything without adding two top pairing D, and no one is going to trade them those players for soft supporting players like Eberle, Yakupov or RNH anymore. Hall is the only guy they have who another team will move a young front line defenceman for (obviously McDavid is staying put), outside chance Draisaitl, but despite the hype, he's been terrible outside of one 2/3 month stretch so you're more likely looking at a similar dman with good upside but not established coming back...

So just move down 3 or 4 picks and grab Juolevi... Add another asset, get what you need to build a winning team.

They are so bad because they don't know how to build a team, and picking Tkachuk would be another bad mistake by them unless they are moving Hall for a dman in a seperate deal and Tkachuk is basically a replacement.
They used to say that about Crosby but look how things have turned out. Tkachuk has the elite hockey sense to play with a guy like McDavid and get the most out of him.

If they want Juolevi they have to pick him where they are as there's too much risk trading down and to trade down they need a partner and which team picking 5-10 is going to give up a substantial return for Tkachuk when guys like Brown, Jost, Nylander and Keller are going to be available where they pick? The trade talk gets far too out of hand in these draft threads as they rarely happen especially in the top 5 picks.

Personally I feel they are going to package Eberle or RNH to get a defensemen so they would be best served to take the BPA with this pick.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 05-30-2016 at 07:11 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:29 AM   #166
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Pleh. Cheering for the London Knights takes all the courage of being a Yankees fan in the early 2000s when they were buying titles. But that team was absolutely dominant in the last six weeks or so. 17 consecutive wins to capture the OHL and the Memorial Cup. Just crazy.

Was really hoping the Huskies could pull off the upset, but I'm glad they made it a worthy final. Hell of an effort by both teams, and probably the only great game of the tournament.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #167
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post

I think they draft a forward to replace forwards that are traded for help on the D this summer.

I could see them taking a D man if they don't make any trades.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #168
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing I learned from the Memorial Cup is that I really like Timo Meier. Sharks have another good one with him.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote