Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2024, 12:23 AM   #21
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

How is this only 6 games?? Give him the rest of the year off, playoffs included (if they get there).

Purposefully wound up and swung his stick into the guy's face. I don't care they are playing hockey - that's assault.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2024, 12:36 AM   #22
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
I absolutely want this guy out of the league. POS who doesn't acknowledge or understand he cannot play without consequences.
But he does understand it – perfectly. He's not a good enough player to be making $5.2 million a year (soon to be 6.5) on the strength of his hockey skills. Playing dirty makes him money, and as long as the league only suspends him for a few games a year, he comes out ahead. Those are his consequences.

The league chooses to enable players like Wilson by giving slaps on the wrist to repeat offenders.

Someone ought to consider a hard rule for these cases. To be suspended for 5 games or more, if I recall correctly, you have to have an in-person hearing (so-called) with DOPS. That seems like a good threshold. I suggest that any player who gets three suspensions of 5 games or more in his career (allowing for appeals) should be banned for the remainder of the season, including playoffs. For the fourth offence, ban him permanently.

Of course, the league will never do such a thing, because it makes bank by having heels on the ice.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:53 AM   #23
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Very similar to the stick swinging that broke Sam Gagner's nose by famed keeper-of-the-code Zack Kassian which got him 5 regular season games and whatever remaining pre-season games he might have played in.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post: