Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2024, 11:51 AM   #21
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
I like it. Team is obviously still trying to win which is a tact we can expect until they're eliminated. Everything we know about the philosophy of this new management group aligns with the concept of rebuild while never embracing a loser mentality. It makes sense to me...

We will see all the experimental stuff in 5 or 6 games time, no need to worry. A night watching won't hurt Coronato nor would sending him back down to ramp up for his playoffs.
Agree. I recall an interview, Conroy said he went downstairs to talk to ask Huska about a player lower down in the lineup, making he was giving the young guys opportunities. When Coronato was sent down he said he had a talk with him like all of his players that are sent down that he had to make the most of the opportunities when he got back up. If they are not hungry enough they won't stay in the lineup, but Conroy definitely wants them playing and not lower down in the lineup. Pelletier it's more likely a conditioning thing, he came back from a serious injury and then was reinjured. He just needs more playing time so he can get back to where he can play at higher level.

Injuries can be tricky and I'm glad we're not trying to force our players to play. I thought we let Sean Monahan play way too much with his ongoing injuries. Coronato showing some good signs, I agree with those that think he should be playing with Backlund and Coleman.

Eat bread is the guy that should be showing a little more, we seem to get just the odd flashes from him.

Last edited by DazzlinDino; 03-22-2024 at 11:55 AM.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:18 PM   #22
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlinDino View Post
Agree. I recall an interview, Conroy said he went downstairs to talk to ask Huska about a player lower down in the lineup, making he was giving the young guys opportunities.
I'm too lazy to look for it, but there was a clip of Conroy talking about Sharangovich playing down the line up at the beginning of the season, and he told Huska that Sharangovich isn't a bottom 6 player and to try him on top lines.

Obviously there is a fine line where you can't have the GM micro-managing too much, but I am glad that he isn't afraid to intervene as well and that Huska is open to it. With Treliving and Sutter, I doubt that type of cooperation existed.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:25 PM   #23
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluking View Post
Disagree re: Pelletier. Pelletier's injuries derailed this season for him. He hasn't had a lot of opportunities at all. However, I think getting lots of playing time with the Wranglers is more important than 4th line time on the Flames.
He needs to put on some muscle. He is tiny.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:27 PM   #24
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
He has shown bright spots lately with tenacity and a beauty goal and assist. Shouldn’t be the odd man out imo.
He’s much better than he was at the start of the season.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:48 PM   #25
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Rooney/Hunt IN
Pelletier/Coronato OUT

Seems highly counter productive at this point.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:00 PM   #26
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
Rooney/Hunt IN
Pelletier/Coronato OUT

Seems highly counter productive at this point.
Hunt's been pretty good the last while.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:05 PM   #27
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Hunt's been pretty good the last while.
And neither Duehr nor Coronato is cut out to play 4C.

But some people have to react to one day's practice lineup as if those lines were carved in stone for the rest of the season.