Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Christmas Volunteer Opportunity

Hello CPers,

So I have an opportunity for those looking to give back this Christmas through action not cash.

The brief story is that one of the custodial staff at the school I teach at has been trying for a year to get a home through Habitat for Humanity. With letters from our Principals and staff he finally was chosen! He is over the moon happy to take his two kids out of their apartment and into their new home. However, he was talking to me and told me in his words "All I have to do is give back 500 hours of sweat equity." Now I know he works two jobs and has two kids so I asked if he can get help with his 500. He said yes but did not ask for it. I am organizing our staff to help out and thought I'd let you all know in case you wanted to take out your kids or family members to help out.

Now there are house building opportunities, but at Christmas there are kid friendly ones as well (min. age 14). THese are:

1. Gift Wrapping at Cross Iron Mills
2. Santa's Helpers at Santa's Village at Northland Mall

If you go to this website:
http://www.habitatsouthernab.ca

you can volunteer for one of these events if you would like to. You do need hif FAMILY CODE which puts your hours towards his house.

FAMILY CODE: 0010

Thanks CPers for reading and if you partake thank you for your time. My personal goal is to have his 500 up by Christmas time.
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WinnipegFan For This Useful Post: