Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Ask An Educator
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2015, 09:37 AM   #21
loudi94
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Is there a need for cursive? yes, it stops you looking like an ill educated knob if you have to leave a note for a client, boss, girl your trying to impress etc.
Using capitals and proper spelling of "you're" is probably more important than cursive. .

Cursive writing is nice to know....However, as you have cleverly shown, typing skills may be something that needs to be given preference.

I know messages can't reveal tone, but my intention is to be tongue and cheek. I'm not trying to be rude.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #22
DataDoxy
Bingo's Better Half

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
My understanding is that school will be totally different then.

I understand that there are a number of changes coming to high school in thie province. I have a limited understanding of them, but they sound positive.

Eventually they will funnel down to all the grades.

Perhaps Double D can speak to this more.

Yes... BIG changes are coming to education. You will see them first appear in charter schools and private schools, but they will slowly seep into Public education as well.

Some of the biggest changes are that Entrepreneurial skills and 21st Century skills like critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and problem solving will become a major focus in the curriculum. In addition, traditional subjects will be more integrated so we learn math in social studies as well as in science or gym class. There will also be a focus on competencies rather than on traditional grades, and assessments will change because of this. In addition, you will see a greater focus on the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and math). Recently at a conference I attended, Minister of Education Gordon Dirks and publically that stated that STEM is critical for Alberta. (STEM means integrating science and math into other subject areas instead of having them remaining separate subjects, furthermore, they will be taught in ways that incorporate new technologies and embrace real world applications like engineering - or making to learn).
Exciting times ahead!
The Following User Says Thank You to DataDoxy For This Useful Post: