Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2017, 11:11 AM   #301
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
Casey's stupidity in the Minny game was weird even for him. This team is going rapidly backwards. Haven't been feeling it this year with the Raptors but I didn't think they would start drifting down the table until at least the year after next.
Casey wasn't great, but Lowry was an outright moron. Raptors had a one point lead with I think one minute left. Lowry jacks up a ridiculous off-balanced 3 point attempt from about 5 feet back of the line with like 14 second left on the shot clock. This type of BS is a constant for the Raptors. I'm starting to think it's not Casey, it's that these guys can't be coached and have a very low level of basketball IQ.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #302
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Casey wasn't great, but Lowry was an outright moron. Raptors had a one point lead with I think one minute left. Lowry jacks up a ridiculous off-balanced 3 point attempt from about 5 feet back of the line with like 14 second left on the shot clock. This type of BS is a constant for the Raptors. I'm starting to think it's not Casey, it's that these guys can't be coached and have a very low level of basketball IQ.
It is a constant because that is Casey's idea of offense. Give the ball to DD or Lowry and let them do what they want. While the other four guys sit with their fingers up their noses. The supporting cast bought in last year but this year there are back to just watching the game on both sides of the floor.

It's the recipe for a first round exit.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St. Pats For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 03:08 PM   #303
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dolan was just on the radio and suggested Oakley is an alcoholic with anger management issues. Not a good look by that doofus. He's also banned for life for MSG.

Dolan has now fired the head of MSG security, too.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #304
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dolan's an idiot as well. If what Oakley said is to be believed that he paid his own ticket (albeit behind Dolan) and Dolan kicked him out because he was who he was (Oakley), Dolan deserves critique too. He doesn't come away as a nice guy in this exchange, that's for sure.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:09 PM   #305
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Draymond Green made history tonight: 4 points, 12 Rebounds, 10 Assists, 10 Steals.1st triple-double in NBA history with less than 10 points.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #306
kmart
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Draymond Green made history tonight: 4 points, 12 Rebounds, 10 Assists, 10 Steals.1st triple-double in NBA history with less than 10 points.
What a unique player. There isn't a player today that players Center on defence and on the flip side plays Point Guard on offence.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #307
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Draymond has a good chance to eventually get a 5x10: 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists, 10 steals, 10 kicks to the nuts.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #308
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Durant's return to OKC tonight! How badly does he get booed?
Old 02-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #309
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was about as expected for booing. I'm just not sure the fans of a team stolen from another city should be complaining too much about betrayal.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #310
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some Raps trade rumours.

Quote:
There's a growing sense around the league ‎that Ibaka could be on the move again as the league's Feb. 23 trade deadline draws near.

The Thunder shook up the 2016 NBA draft when, just days before Durant's free agency, they dealt Ibaka to the Magic. Orlando was willing to part with Victor Oladipo and the rights to No. 11 pick Domantas Sabonis to make the swap, confident that Ibaka could be sold on a long-term future in the Magic Kingdom.

Seven months and change later, Orlando is exploring all of its options anew. League sources say the Magic are fielding calls from a handful of teams on Ibaka as the deadline approaches amid undeniable concern that retaining the Congo native in free agency come July will prove much trickier than initially anticipated.

Sources say that Toronto and Miami are among the Eastern Conference teams that have expressed interest in Ibaka this month. More than one rival club has expressed the belief that Orlando will use the next 10 days before the deadline to keep fielding offers and then, ultimately, choose the best available package for Ibaka on Feb. 23 and make the move.
Quote:
Now that the Jusuf Nurkic trade we've been anticipating for weeks has materialized at last, league sources say Danilo Gallinari is a prime Nugget to watch between now and the deadline. The Raptors and Clippers are among the teams said to be monitoring Gallinari's availability, amid a growing belief that Denver is prepared to move him, given that the Nuggets anticipate that Gallinari will bypass the final season of his current contract (valued at $16.1 million) and join Millsap on the open market and don't plan to spend big to retain the Italian.
http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...ine-approaches
Old 02-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #311
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Without looking at the numbers either Ibaka or Gallinari put up, I'd be more interested in Gallinari (at least from past memories). Though I'd prefer the Raps don't make any moves whatsoever simply because any asset is not worth dealing when they can hold on to it and spend it on a person who's locked into a contract. Both the above guys are potential FA's, and giving up anyone for a rental isn't prudent considering the Raps are really third tier this year. Though I guess from a management perspective it'd help their bottom line to try and move on to the second round.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #312
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

And they choke another one away
Old 02-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #313
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm seriously starting to think they should be sellers at the deadline. Try and move DC and Sullinger. Even put Lowry out there and see if you can get a real haul in return. Start with firing Casey.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #314
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

At this point I'm not convinced Casey is to blame or to be given praise. We do know the players respect him. Secondly, he came from the Mavs which was a pretty damn well coached team. All in all, I see more of the teams failures on the players themselves. So if I have a decision today, Casey stays to work on the rebuild, while the players take the fault for playing selfish bball.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #315
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Selling would come off as desperate so teams would likely not offer much. Besides dismantling the team in the summer makes way more sense in terms of maximizing asset return. It's wishful thinking to get something decent for Lowry right now as a pending UFA. Probably best case is they get a pick or some cap relief if you can maybe throw in Carroll for an expiring or a trade exception. I also wouldn't fire Casey, players right now deserve the bulk of the blame for this collapse.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #316
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that happened tonight...

Buddy Hield ejected with a flagrant 2 foul.

Why?

Boogie: "He just grabbed my nuts!" https://t.co/8ab3v7XlYV

Old 02-12-2017, 10:59 PM   #317
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
At this point I'm not convinced Casey is to blame or to be given praise. We do know the players respect him. Secondly, he came from the Mavs which was a pretty damn well coached team. All in all, I see more of the teams failures on the players themselves. So if I have a decision today, Casey stays to work on the rebuild, while the players take the fault for playing selfish bball.
Who lets them play selfish ball? Casey does. Casey in a rebuild. Guy sits young guys on the bench whenever given a chance. Can't think of a worse coach for a young team.

As for respect Lowry once said I respect Casey as a man. Nothing about him as a coach. Listen to the post game interview with Lowry after that game tonight. Carroll also yipping in his interview. They aren't playing for each other and methinks the dressing room isn't united(nothing to base that on except their play and rumours) and Casey just seems unwilling to hold them to account.

I don't know but it looks from the outside like they are about to implode.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to St. Pats For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #318
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

You're right, but Casey is an intelligent guy IMO, and he's working with what he's got. Clearly this isn't the smartest bunch, and running complex plays likely goes beyond their comprehension. I don't think he's a bad coach. Average, yes, but he doesn't have the most intelligent players to work with. It shows in how they pass and defend.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #319
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
You're right, but Casey is an intelligent guy IMO, and he's working with what he's got. Clearly this isn't the smartest bunch, and running complex plays likely goes beyond their comprehension. I don't think he's a bad coach. Average, yes, but he doesn't have the most intelligent players to work with. It shows in how they pass and defend.
All trust is lost in Casey when it's the same last second play every time; inbound, isolate DeRozen and watch him dribble for seconds before he misses the shot. Or the other one where Lowry launches a 3, being miles away from the 3 point line. Zero creativity.

He's at fault for trusting those morons as much as he does or having the same doofus play for every last second situation.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2017, 09:26 AM   #320
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sportsnet ‏@Sportsnet 6m6 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: #Raptors acquire Serge Ibaka from #Magic for Terrence Ross and 2017 first-rounder http://sprtsnt.ca/2lcRVuH
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competitive disparity , in masai we trust , minny is further north , nat'l blowout association , nba 2k17 is the bomb , swept away , yawnba