Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2016, 02:18 PM   #381
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rod Pedersen@rodpedersen
New Rider DT Khalif Mitchell feels he can play Sunday in LDC. Says he's been farming, far harder than football.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:00 PM   #382
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
"We're going to bring in good people first that happen to be good football players."

Chris Jones, Dec 7, 2015
Hahahahaha....sorry, Hahahahaha.....

One question, did he say it with a straight face?
midniteowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:34 PM   #383
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huge surprise that the Riders would sign a d-bag. They are normally such a well run and respected team. Never involved in controversies like a player having unprotected sex while knowing having aids (and the team apparently knowing and looking the other way), a team mate stealing from another team mate, a GM playing ass grab with a teen aged babysitter, members of the club getting in fights at the club, and the list goes on and on. Such a truly respectful and respected team.

/sarcasm
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:41 PM   #384
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Chris Jones is such a dink.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2016, 04:52 PM   #385
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
Chris Jones is such a dink.
Apparently, Jones was asked today in a reporter's scrum about Mitchell's questionable tweets and re-tweets and he responded with '"I've not seen anything. You guys know, I don't ever get online, I don't look at the computer, I don't read any of the articles...."

I'm not going to post Khalif Mitchell's twitter account info, it's very easy to find if you're interested.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:55 PM   #386
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Maybe the no good dink should go online occasionally and see what kind of crap he is signing. Just a thought.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2016, 08:17 PM   #387
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs is all over it.

https://twitter.com/CIJAinfo/status/771099755438936064

They've got a nice little gallery of some of the idiocy Mitchell is re-tweeting: http://www.cija.ca/examples-of-mitch...edia-activity/
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2016, 09:00 PM   #388
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow. I knew the guy was a bit loony but this takes it to a new level. He really believes this stuff?
Hockey-and_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:15 PM   #389
JiriHrdina

Exp:

Time for the league to step in and stop this embarrassment, since clearly the Riders BOD or whoever has the authority isn't going to do it themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2016, 09:53 PM   #390
GeoffSK
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Token Roughrider season ticket holder here (also a big Flames fan). Signing Mitchell is a new low for the season for me. I understand the riders are weak at that position (amounst others) but man this guy is a lowlife.

Thanks for this thread though it reminds me what a good rivalry there is that a hockey forum has a dedicated rider hate thread even with the irony in this thread. Ie making fun of a cfl team fan forum for having hate/gameday threads for other teams of the same league.

I understand many roughrider fans are idiots but i think the same could be said about most teams fanbase in any sport. A rivals team generally has the worst fans.

When you are 1-8 you really have no ammo though. So can't even say anything bad about the Stampeders. Great gm, good coach, and solid qb. Only weakness i see is no star receiver but when the qb is that good it doesn't matter.

At least the Rush beat the Roughnecks 6 times this year so we have another rivalry to look forward to.

Roughrider fans did get some good news today though. The new stadium is complete so no longer do we have the worst stadium in North America. And my new seats were assigned.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
GeoffSK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeoffSK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2016, 09:55 PM   #391
JiriHrdina

Exp:

In my experience
Roughrider fans are not idiots. They are passionate and knowledgeable
Rider fans are idiots
Old 08-31-2016, 10:40 PM   #392
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have nothing to say to the Mitchell signing, other than I hope it ends quickly...
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:40 PM   #393
GeoffSK
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
In my experience
Roughrider fans are not idiots. They are passionate and knowledgeable
Rider fans are idiots
Are you considering the bandwagon fans Rider fans? I see what you are trying to say there but i have called myself a roughrider fan or rider fan interchangeably. But i never threw a beer can or insulted and opposing teams fans baby either. Just season ticket holder that travels 4 hour round trip from saskatoon on home game days and attends grey cups regardless of the record of the team.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
GeoffSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #394
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

its as though Riders challenged themselves to be more hated than themselves 1 game ago, they go and sign this anti-Semite

it reminds me of this cheesy film i saw back in high school where Hitler and his Nazis, realizing they weren't hated enough, enlists the help of Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein

its so comically bad, you have to convince yourself that this is a real signing

keep it coming Roughriders
I hope your next step will be signing Johnny Football
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:34 PM   #395
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
its as though Riders challenged themselves to be more hated than themselves 1 game ago, they go and sign this anti-Semite

it reminds me of this cheesy film i saw back in high school where Hitler and his Nazis, realizing they weren't hated enough, enlists the help of Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein

its so comically bad, you have to convince yourself that this is a real signing

keep it coming Roughriders
I hope your next step will be signing Johnny Football
That'll never happen unless Johnny Blows has rights traded or is dropped off Hamilton's negotiation list.

What a weird signing. He already showed he had next to nothing left. I'll give the POS 2 weeks before he is giving his pink slip.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:33 PM   #396
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mitchell is on a short lease.

Quote:
Since Mitchell has now returned to our league, with another club, his new employer has reached out to the league office to assure us they too take this matter very seriously and any such inappropriate behaviour from Mitchell will result in his immediate dismissal. We too will monitor any commentary he may make as a member of our League. We fully acknowledge that our employees, including our players, have a right to hold and express opinions. But in absolutely no circumstance do we condone activity or comments that are derogatory or inappropriate. Such comments, which put the League’s reputation as a progressive and positive member of the community in question, will not be tolerated.
http://www.cfl.ca/2016/09/01/cfl-iss...alif-mitchell/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #397
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ian Hamilton@IanHamiltonLP
Chris Jones reports that Khalif Mitchell isn't in good enough shape to play Sunday. The defensive tackle worked on his conditioning Friday.

By the time Khalif gets himself in shape, I would imagine a NFL cut could take his place and the Riders can close the book on this chapter.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:15 AM   #398
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Ian Hamilton@IanHamiltonLP
Chris Jones reports that Khalif Mitchell isn't in good enough shape to play Sunday. The defensive tackle worked on his conditioning Friday.

By the time Khalif gets himself in shape, I would imagine a NFL cut could take his place and the Riders can close the book on this chapter.
it boggles the mind why Chris Jones would even bother signing this guy.

Riders gain all this negative PR from this signing and they may not even play Mitchell?

pure lol
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:27 AM   #399
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

This week's entry:

9. Saskatchewan Roughriders (Unchanged)

Overall record: 1-9
Streak: Lost 6
Next: At Winnipeg

OK, that wasn't fair. Bad teams consistently lose the close games, but heavens to Betsy you'd think the sports gods would have let the Riders come back and win this one after working so hard to come back. Down 19-3 late in the third and going nowhere, Saskatchewan started to tune up their strings as QB Darian Durant threw his first TD pass in four games, hit the two pointer, led them down again before running it in himself on an option, and then took the convert in on another sneak. A later Kendial Lawrence punt return tied it with a few minutes left. Overtime? A chance at keeping the 11 game win streak against Winnipeg in Regina alive? No fairy tales this season – the defence gave it up on a key pass interference that led to the losing field goal.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cf...ings-1.3751230
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #400
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That doesn't tell the whole story, as romantic as it is for Rider fans to believe that the sports gods have it out for them, and the pass interference call did them in.

It was the typical DD choke act that lead to the interceptions, the absolutely stupid punt fake call that everyone and their dog could see was happening. Its their kicker who can't kick key field goals.

They're a bad team a pass interference call isn't going to save them from their fate to become one of the worst teams in CFL history.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
go stamps go , green goofs , pilsner , rider fans suck , riders suck