Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #221
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Played my placement matches, went 2-8, and somehow still got into gold. Have went 0-3 after that though so my drive to play has diminished greatly. I don't know how people can consistently win in competitive mode when playing solo, I always seem to get stuck with the same players who just do their own thing and don't help the team at all
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #222
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I'm not sure I'll even bother with the placement matches, TBQH. There are a lot of complaints about it being too toxic this time around, and given things have now been split into seven game modes, I find that the prioritization of quick game starts ahead of good matchmaking has dramatically reduced the overall quality of play.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #223
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I climbed from 2000ish up to almost plat for s2 playing mostly solo queue, sometimes duo/trio. Got close but the last couple days of playing kept running into people who wouldn't work together. Got up to 2460 some. Then I dropped to 2300 on last day no more time to rank up.

This season started off good. Had 1 draw then went 4 wins and then another draw. Last night decided to finish off my placements 4 losses in a row. Got low 2000. Time to work my way up to plat this season haha.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:13 AM   #224
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

did a few placement matches last night to help out a buddy and placement matches are all over the place. You have some people who literally just bought the game to pros. Can't wait until all his placement matches are completed and I can get back into competitive.

In my experience, adding people to your friends list who you work well together is key. Then when you hop on they always want to group up. Makes it much more fun to work together with consistent people.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #225
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I'm normally not one for trash talking, but after going down 0-2 on a control point competitive map, having the opposing team start talking #### like a bunch of middle schoolers, and then coming back to stomp them and win the map, a few choice words were infinitely satisfying to say
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #226
OmegaV4
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm diggin the new Christmas event. The skins are kinda meh...but the Mei event brings the lols every time.
OmegaV4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:50 PM   #227
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looked over the skins...not very impressed at all. And it seemed like more characters didn't have skins than did.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:33 AM   #228
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I'm normally not one for trash talking, but after going down 0-2 on a control point competitive map, having the opposing team start talking #### like a bunch of middle schoolers, and then coming back to stomp them and win the map, a few choice words were infinitely satisfying to say
That is the thing with these games, I can take a loss that's fine but when these punks start talking trash I lose it.

Wanna trigger me say "easy" in game chat after a win
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:58 AM   #229
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the skins are lot better than the Halloween skins. The Winston and Zenyatta skins are probably the best in the game.

I am not a fan of the Mei game mode though. Too much down time, too much stress.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #230
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I think the skins are lot better than the Halloween skins. The Winston and Zenyatta skins are probably the best in the game.

I am not a fan of the Mei game mode though. Too much down time, too much stress.
I ended up getting the Winston Yeti skin. I love the seasonal skins.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #231
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I hate Mei, so if there is a Mei game mode (a la Lucioball?), then pass, pass, pass.
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2017, 08:36 AM   #232
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hook 2.0

https://gfycat.com/LividFragrantClam

i wanna die
Old 01-06-2017, 08:45 AM   #233
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Preventing the hook from clipping through objects is such a tragedy...
Old 01-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #234
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not clipping through objects in that gif. It's catching the Lucio, but because the Lucio for some reason maintains momentum after the hook, the hook breaks behind the pole or tree or whatever small object might partially cut line of site. This will kill Roadhog, especially if he can't catch a Lucio dancing around the payload.

I can getting wanting to stop hooks that pull around corners, but that is too much.

Last edited by Ashasx; 01-06-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:22 PM   #235
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

The first attempt in that gif is problematic because it was open space. I agree there that something like that should not be easily dodged. The rest are Roadhog trying to clip through a pole, which always needed to be nerfed.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #236
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

You can't actually be complaining about a nerf to Roadhog are you?

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #237
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I'm still pretty into this game. Playing Soldier and DVa mostly, although I've gotten better at a few others.

If there is any character that needs a nerf to me, it's Farah: that long range damage wins a lot of games, and even playing Soldier it's pretty hard to get her out of the sky. Which I always feel like it's my job to do, even though she's miles away usually.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #238
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know what game modes you guys are playing, but Roadhog is not that difficult to counter. Dva in particular can make a Roadhog useless. Simple awareness and baiting also works. This is coming from somebody who mostly plays Lucio and Ana.

The hook is the only thing that makes Roadhog viable, so if the chain breaks as it does in the gif (even though the hook catches Lucio when is he not behind the tree) Roadhog will no longer be viable at all.

Fortunately this isn't live yet or anything.

Last edited by Ashasx; 01-06-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #239
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

How do you guys like the new Oasis map?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #240
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's better than Ilios, but don't know if I like it more than Lijiang or Nepal.