Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #1021
MyFlamesFirst
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
And that can get pretty draining when you get close, know you can finish it but have something happen that forces you to restart.
Which strategy did you try? Seems like the one using the bottom rooms are the getting even more popular compared to the window ledge.
Definitely. We had a couple attempts that came super close before we actually beat him, which became extremely frustrating. Here is the strategy we used if it helps anyone. For those who haven't tried it, just use this as supplementary information, and defiantly check out a video of someone showing this strategy.

To avoid confusion my lefts and rights are based off of where you start the raid, and as if you were looking at Crota through the glass where the Crota part of the raid begins.

We used the window ledge approach. Titans are pretty clutch in this raid also. At the start we would pop a bubble with blessing of light so we would all have an over shield and wouldn't lose any health while shooting the Acolytes and Knights. Then we would go to the window ledge and snipe the sword bearer, and let our Hunter grab the sword. We would have one person ice-breakering boomers on the left just staggering them and would only kill one at a time so they wouldnt spawn in sync. Then its just getting the timing down with the rocketers and the guy running the sword to ensure he gets 3 hits everytime, and 2 rounds per sword. We would then hide on the left ledge behind the little post which separates the glass pains when Crota rotated to the right. For ogres we would go down to the room on the right where one ogre spawns. We would jump down off the ledge and make sure we ran on the ground through the middle and not use the stairs. We would then have a Titan with helm of the saint put his bubble directly in front of the door. This would blind the ogre (not necessary, but helpful) when he came out and made it pretty easy and safe to kill the ogre. We would then all put heavy and sniper into the other ogre from that same room. From there we would wait for Crota to rotate to the side and then rotate back to the middle before we killed the swordbearer to ensure we had enough time with the sword. We would kill this swordbearer again from the up top ledge, and again it is important to run through the bottom middle and jump up back to the ledge. Then we would repeat the earlier strategy and get our round of hits on crota.
MyFlamesFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #1022
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

I need to get a element primary, I feel useless in nightfalls. I'm pretty much there to make sure everyone can get the revive trophy.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:39 AM   #1023
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Planning on jumping back in this weekend with a friend, we both stopped at level 28 and never got to do VoG as we quit playing shortly after it was released. What should we know going forward? what were the big changes? We are on xbox 360
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #1024
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I need to get a element primary, I feel useless in nightfalls. I'm pretty much there to make sure everyone can get the revive trophy.
I think we need to do a VoG hard mode this week.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:29 AM   #1025
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The Dark Below had been pretty rough on me since release. But my luck has finally turned in the last 8-9 days. Got Fatebringer on Monday night, Oversoul Edict last night and two Abyss Defiants in that span!

On top of that, I've gotten Gjallarhorn (from Gorgon chest), Hunger of Crota, and then Thunderlord from Nightfall last night. I'm now feeling that a Black Hammer is finally coming to me this week!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:05 PM   #1026
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Everything just clicked for me last night and I finally have a plan to gear up.

Me and a friend are looking to do VoG this week. Tonight or Saturday. Anyone interested?

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #1027
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
The Dark Below had been pretty rough on me since release. But my luck has finally turned in the last 8-9 days. Got Fatebringer on Monday night, Oversoul Edict last night and two Abyss Defiants in that span!

On top of that, I've gotten Gjallarhorn (from Gorgon chest), Hunger of Crota, and then Thunderlord from Nightfall last night. I'm now feeling that a Black Hammer is finally coming to me this week!
I got a dirty, dirty mind lol
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #1028
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post

Me and a friend are looking to do VoG this week. Tonight or Saturday. Anyone interested?
I'd be up for trying. Never done it before though, so I'd need some patient coaching.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #1029
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Thanks for that salt haha
Old 01-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #1030
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Got Fatebringer on Monday night, Oversoul Edict last night and two Abyss Defiants in that span!
Other than Hawkmoon/4th Horseman, this is the only thing I'm looking for. 2 runs, no luck. Just got my 2nd character to 32 so I guess I could try one more time.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #1031
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
I'd be up for trying. Never done it before though, so I'd need some patient coaching.
Not like I'm a veteran

Anyone else? Looking for three more.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 01-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #1032
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks for that salt haha
Isn't that part of the fun of this game? Waving around weapons you have that other people don't?

Half the reason I play the game is because of there are a couple guys in my group that don't have Gjallarhorns. We gather around them and frequently have Gjallarhorn dance parties to mock them lol.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #1033
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Other than Hawkmoon/4th Horseman, this is the only thing I'm looking for. 2 runs, no luck. Just got my 2nd character to 32 so I guess I could try one more time.
We cheese the bridge with our lower level alts. So I pulled one just last night with my Lv 30 Warlock.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #1034
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I can run it tonight as long as it starts before 7.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #1035
ignite09
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Not like I'm a veteran

Anyone else? Looking for three more.
If it's on hard on Xbone I can on Saturday.
ignite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #1036
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignite09 View Post
If it's on hard on Xbone I can on Saturday.
Hard?!

My god, let us clear normal fist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I can run it tonight as long as it starts before 7.
I will try and get my #### together after work quickly.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 01-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #1037
ignite09
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Hard?!

My god, let us clear normal fist!

I will try and get my #### together after work quickly.
Lol sorry, ok well I can help out if you set a time before 8. Just message IgniteCGY if you're looking for an extra. I should already be on.
ignite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #1038
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We cheese the bridge with our lower level alts. So I pulled one just last night with my Lv 30 Warlock.
I've tried the warlock despawn and getting somebody over but even with 32's it's a little iffy to keep the plates on the other side when the ogres are out.

Using the totem launcher hasn't worked for us.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #1039
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I've tried the warlock despawn and getting somebody over but even with 32's it's a little iffy to keep the plates on the other side when the ogres are out.

Using the totem launcher hasn't worked for us.
Don't worry about the plates. A titan can just R1 spam his way across with a sword. Just get nice and high, aim directly for the bridge, then turn and fly across.

My buddy who's a hunter actually did it too. But in that case he had to land on a little platform on the cliff-side (there's one on each side) and then float up from there.

Oh or are you talking about the far side? Just hide behind the lamps at the bridge abutment. If you don't move, nothing attacks you and the totems don't activate. Sometimes the gatekeeper will even charge at you, but then just fall off the cliff lol.

After that just rez a warlock and have him snipe thralls and acolytes until the ogres arrive. And then safely kill them from a distance.

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 01-29-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #1040
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh or are you talking about the far side? Just hide behind the lamps at the bridge abutment. If you don't move, nothing attacks you and the totems don't activate. Sometimes the gatekeeper will even charge at you, but then just fall off the cliff lol.

After that just rez a warlock and have him snipe thralls and acolytes until the ogres arrive. And then safely kill them from a distance.
I've had 2 instances, one where the totems didn't activate and the other did when the ogres arrived. Is it purely making sure that you don't draw any aggro?