Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default PS4 pre-orders

Do any of you guys have PS4 pre-orders made? I made a few back on June 11th when they were first available and its getting close to release time. I was planning on selling a couple to make some extra cash to pay for my own. I see they are starting to sell on ebay for a decent profit but I'm a little leary of selling on there cause I got burned a bit back when I sold some PS3's when they first came out. Do you guys think there will be some profit to be made on "supply-demand" for PS4's on launch day and heading into Xmas or will there be enough for everyone who wants one to just grab one in store or online?
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

As long as you get them from somewhere that accepts returns (BestBuy etc), then you can just set a price and give yourself a time limit and if it doesn't sell then return it.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

I'll buy one of them. How about cost and I'll throw in a pair of flames tickets? Plus a pair of heroin beers and nachos.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Made a single one for myself that I'm considering selling since I have no plans to play it until December. Only thing is I'm not sure whether it'll come day 1 as it's from Staples.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #5
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Will people still be able to line up early to grab a PS4 even if they didn't pre-order?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestalker View Post
Will people still be able to line up early to grab a PS4 even if they didn't pre-order?
If there's one thing I've learned about lining up it's that as hardcore a fan as you think you are there are hundreds more that are willing to sacrifice much, much more to get their hands on the new hardware. I'm simply not going to stand in line for 5 hours or more just for a console that doesn't even have any compelling games at launch.

I preordered my XB1 and PS4 through Best Buy and whenever I get them, I get them.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I believe each Future Shop will have at least 25 per store, and they open at 8am. Not sure about Best Buy or EB Games but like EE said, I'm sure people will be lining up early. Having recently turned 30 I realized lining up for anything is a young mans game, good luck to you.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Having recently turned 30 I realized lining up for anything is a young mans game, good luck to you.
Or just don't go to the obvious stores. When Zellers was open in Market Mall it was a mecca for that kind of stuff. I remember buying Wii accessories there a few weeks after launch when everyone else was sold out. They still had tons.

Someone recently posted about buying a new iPad at the Target (formerly Zellers), when the Apple Store was lined up/selling out. If they're carrying the PS4 (no idea what their electronics section is like now), that's your best bet.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm in no rush. I'll probably get mine in spring of 2016.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Josh
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I'm in no rush. I'll probably get mine in spring of 2016.
Pretty much same for me too. I've got a few PS3 games that I'd still like to play. Also I haven't seen any games yet that have really wow'd me yet.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote