Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #121
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
I call BS on this. Really? As a Flames fan, how could you actually hate Theo's celebration against the Oilers in an OT playoff game. Give me a break.
Premature celebration. Gave the oilers even more incentive to win the next game. We all know how it ended in game 7, so big whoop. I cringe when I see it in montages on TV.

I don't like showboating. I would be embarrassed if any of our players did this in any scenario other than a series clincher, and even then...
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #122
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikester View Post
Um, I just looked again & from the behind the net angle Gagner is bent over looking at the puck facing Quick & Skuderi is right behind him with his left arm around Gagner & his stick across his waist directing him into Quick. Maybe it was more like "humping" Gagner into Quick than pushing but the end result is interference caused by the defender. BTW i saw this on my HD PVR clear as day!
Again, suggesting that was a push couldn't be any weaker.

You see anyone else here who isn't an upset Oiler fan agreeing with that? That was all Gagner. Move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of reason View Post
Yah I watched it several times in HD also. You are way off base. He was pushed and then his skate got caught in the goalies equip. He was trying to pull away but could not. Take off your Oilers hate goggles and watch it again. I hope we dont get the same refs for Saturdays game against the Oil. They were a joke tonight and I am really looking forward to that game
You guys are unreal.

It couldn't have been any more clear, and was seen by the officials as clear as day.

TSN's announcers also stated emphatically that it WAS goaltender interference while showing it over and over.

I guess they all have "Oiler hate goggles" on also?

You guys are out to lunch. It was a very simple call to make, and it was the correct one.

They scored and won the game any way. Time to accept it and move on.

Last edited by Captain_Obvious; 01-25-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #123
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yah I watched it several times in HD also. You are way off base. He was pushed and then his skate got caught in the goalies equip. He was trying to pull away but could not. Take off your Oilers hate goggles and watch it again. I hope we dont get the same refs for Saturdays game against the Oil. They were a joke tonight and I am really looking forward to that game
What was the call? How did it turn out?

Argue till you are blue in the face. That's going to help.
Francis's Hairpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #124
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I loved the emotion the kid showed after scoring that goal. I had no problem with it at all. If he continues to celebrate like that after his 5th, 6th goal then I hope someone knocks him senseless.
trust me, other teams have noticed...teams are going to be fired up to play them. Ask some old Flame players about Theo's celly in 1989...they will tell you it fired up the Oilers for game seven

he also celebrated like a clown when he scored to make the game 2-1 the other night...its gonna get old fast
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #125
Hells Bells
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
At first, I thought the celebration was too over the top. But then, I remembered how Quick collapsed afterwards because he also felt it was a big goal.
Goalies collapse like that after a 1-0 goal two minutes into a game.

Quick`s reaction in no way means it was a big goal.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #126
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

its a big goal if the Oilers make the playoffs by one point...if it moves them from 29th to 28th overall not so much
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #127
Voice of reason
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
Again, suggesting that was a push couldn't be any weaker.

You see anyone else here who isn't an upset Oiler fan agreeing with that? That was all Gagner. Move on.

You guys are unreal.

It couldn't have been anymore clear, and was seen by the officials as clear as day.

TSN's announcers also stated emphatically that it WAS goaltender interference while showing it over and over.

I guess they all have "Oiler hate goggles" on also?

You guys are out to lunch. It was a very simple call to make, and it was the correct one.

They scored and won the game any way. Time to accept it and move on.
Really? Cause when I watched them talking right after the game they said the refs followed the right procedure but Mac said that did not mean they made the right call. And one of the other announcers said it was the wrong call and should have been a goal. I am actually watching sportcenter right now and the announcer just said he was clearly pushed into the goalie. That was 30 seconds ago. Like I said. You are wrong. And now I will move on.
Voice of reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #128
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

C obvious, people have different opinions. It's allowed. You've shared your views, no point repeating and repeating. You're not going to convince them like they're not going to convince you otherwise.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #129
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Really? Cause when I watched them talking right after the game they said the refs followed the right procedure but Mac said that did not mean they made the right call. And one of the other announcers said it was the wrong call and should have been a goal. I am actually watching sportcenter right now and the announcer just said he was clearly pushed into the goalie. That was 30 seconds ago. Like I said. You are wrong. And now I will move on.
I have the game PVR'd and the TSN announcers stated it WAS goaltender interference while watching the replay over and over.

I can't help you any more than that.

Suggesting that was a "push" that had Gagner draped all over Quick couldn't be any more weak, and is flat out wrong.

The right call was made on the ice. And you need to come to terms with it.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #130
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
C obvious, people have different opinions. It's allowed. You've shared your views, no point repeating and repeating. You're not going to convince them like they're not going to convince you otherwise.
Thanks, but you're not here to police anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Obvious For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #131
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, celebrate however you want. But if one more person on my Twitter feed calls it a "celly", I will find them and hurt them! So annoying.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #132
Voice of reason
Draft Pick

Quote:
Too true Thanks for the injection of intelligence Hopefully it will rub off.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #133
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks, but you're not here to police anything.
Just trying to help you out. Can't imagine re hashing the same stance over and over would be fun.

As you were then. What are your thoughts on the goalie interference call?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #134
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

A very clear look at the play in question.

First, Gagner blatantly cross checks Doughty which should have killed the play to begin with (moot point).

Second, you can then see him lean to his right into Scurdi in an attempt to battle for position at which point he steps into Quick.

Goaltender interference. I'd wager at least 3 of the officials had a great view of it and it's why the (correct) call was made.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #135
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Just trying to help you out. Can't imagine re hashing the same stance over and over would be fun.
Unless it's you sticking up for Jim Hughson or defending the city of Vancouver... then it's no problem rehashing the same tired sentiment over and over and over and over... right friend?

Always great to hear you voicing your concern about my posts. I enjoy our exchanges and you telling me to "take care man".
Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 AM   #136
Voice of reason
Draft Pick

Quote:

As you were then. What are your thoughts on the goalie interference call?
Classic
Old 01-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #137
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Unless it's you sticking up for Jim Hughson or defending the city of Vancouver... then it's no problem rehashing the same tired sentiment over and over and over and over... right friend?

Always great to hear you voicing your concern about my posts. I enjoy our exchanges and you telling me to "take care man".
Thats All I do on this board is defend Hughson, you got me dead to rights. Probably haven't mentioned Hughson or got Into a Vancouver debate in months, but yeah, I just can't help myself from re hashing.

You win this battle. Take care man.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #138
Fire in the disco
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Argument getting lame
Fire in the disco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire in the disco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #139
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Thats All I do on this board is defend Hughson, you got me dead to rights. Probably haven't mentioned Hughson or got Into a Vancouver debate in months, but yeah, I just can't help myself from re hashing.

You win this battle. Take care man.
There it is! Thanks, I will take care.

You know exactly what I am getting at. You telling someone not to repeat something couldn't be anymore rich. You have constantly gone on and on about Hughson and needlessly standing up for the City of Vancouver on countless occasions. Doesn't matter that it wasn't during the lockout. You've done it to the point of nausea on many occasions.

Aside from that delicious bit of irony, it's not on you to stifle debate about anything.

Your concern about the call from tonight was noted. Thanks again for that helpful drive by piece of commentary.

But you take care now, man.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Obvious For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #140
TKB
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
There it is! Thanks, I will take care.

You know exactly what I am getting at. You telling someone not to repeat something couldn't be anymore rich. You have constantly gone on and on about Hughson and needlessly standing up for the City of Vancouver on countless occasions. Doesn't matter that it wasn't during the lockout. You've done it to the point of nausea on many occasions.

Aside from that delicious bit of irony, it's not on you to stifle debate about anything.

Your concern about the call from tonight was noted. Thanks again for that helpful drive by piece of commentary.

But you take care now, man.
Congrats, you win the award for most annoying poster on CP!!!!
TKB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TKB For This Useful Post: