Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #301
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Having people lose their minds seems like a bit of a copout in the story telling. You can use that for pretty much any scenario, that needs loose ends tied up.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:33 PM   #302
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I do like the premise of a group either knowingly or unknowingly causing destruction wherever they go. But the execution has been just bad. I was tempted to skip the mid-season finale and just watch Spaceballs because that was on TV lol. But my gf just pressed play on the DVR, so we watched it lol.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #303
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I do like the premise of a group either knowingly or unknowingly causing destruction wherever they go. But the execution has been just bad.
in a nutshell, well said

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:50 PM   #304
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I read that and thought I was in the Alberta Government thread for a second...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #305
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Funniest thing I've read today: Cliff Curtis is on the Emmy ballot for Outstanding Leading Actor in a Drama Series.

W
T
F
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #306
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I forgot all about this show... sad it had so much potential
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:24 AM   #307
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Through total accident I found out the series returns tonight.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:20 PM   #308
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope it gets better for the people still watching the show.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #309
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

I'm still watching it, but it's because I love the universe of TWD, not because this is any good. Most of the characters are awful. Nick and Strand are literally the only two I give a flip about.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:43 PM   #310
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thread title is confusing me...

It will be on my PVR, didn't realize it was on or I would have watched it because I hate myself.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:11 AM   #311
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The thread title is confusing me...

It will be on my PVR, didn't realize it was on or I would have watched it because I hate myself.
I will update the thread title.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:53 PM   #312
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

On this episode, of Fear the Walking Dead...
Spoiler!

Ugh. ya. Can't wait to do this again next week.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #313
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I'd imagine that next season will be the last one, and only because they jumped the gun in renewing this garbage for two more seasons (2 & 3)? I watched the episode on Sunday and I'm finished with it. This show could have been SO amazing, the fan base for the most part was already there. Boring, nonsensical characters and absolutely ####ty writing have ruined it. There was so much potential, but I have no idea how they can save this show with the characters they have. Nick was the only one I found interesting, and now even he is getting on my nerves. Kudos to anyone sticking with it, I genuinely hope they turn it around.

The plus side is that we don't have that long to wait for TWD, and in comparison that show is a masterpiece.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #314
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
So I'd imagine that next season will be the last one, and only because they jumped the gun in renewing this garbage for two more seasons (2 & 3)? I watched the episode on Sunday and I'm finished with it. This show could have been SO amazing, the fan base for the most part was already there. Boring, nonsensical characters and absolutely ####ty writing have ruined it. There was so much potential, but I have no idea how they can save this show with the characters they have. Nick was the only one I found interesting, and now even he is getting on my nerves. Kudos to anyone sticking with it, I genuinely hope they turn it around.

The plus side is that we don't have that long to wait for TWD, and in comparison that show is a masterpiece.
I havent watched the episode yet. Still debating if I want to waste my time with it.

On the plus side, the writers have done an incredible job of creating a cast of main characters that I have absolutely no care about. I have found myself cheering for their demise to make the show somewhat entertaining. Hasnt happened yet .

Seriously the best thing they could do now would be to wipe out 95% of the cast in some zombie herd and follow a new group of survivors. Man they sure managed to bugger up a show that had potential.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #315
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

It wasn't a great episode, but was a lot better than most of the previous from this season.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #316
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
It wasn't a great episode, but was a lot better than most of the previous from this season.
Yeah, tough crowd. Maybe at this point the show has lost the benefit of the doubt, but I thought that was a much, MUCH improved episode.

An entire episode dedicated to one of the few interesting characters, and I thought it did a good job of developing him and making him more relatable.

Loved the montage set to Jose Gonzalez. Nice touch.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #317
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Yeah, tough crowd. Maybe at this point the show has lost the benefit of the doubt, but I thought that was a much, MUCH improved episode.

An entire episode dedicated to one of the few interesting characters, and I thought it did a good job of developing him and making him more relatable.

Loved the montage set to Jose Gonzalez. Nice touch.
Better than any episode from last season. I hope next week can be as good if not better.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:13 PM   #318
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that was a much better episode. A few slow points, and suffers from the "zombies can be as strong or weak as we need for the situation" flaw, like when they all just hung around while one got used to provide makeup and how they wouldn't get through that rickety fence, yet later have no problem busting through a glass door.

Not sure that Nick's superpower being "telling gangsters how bad withdrawal can be" to get him out of a sticky situation was all that convincing.

Good to have some new characters introduced, and next episode appears to have some good action. Was really happy to see Abigail gone, that was the slow and boring. Getting back on that boat would have sucked.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:53 AM   #319
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Well that was a much better episode. A few slow points, and suffers from the "zombies can be as strong or weak as we need for the situation" flaw, like when they all just hung around while one got used to provide makeup and how they wouldn't get through that rickety fence, yet later have no problem busting through a glass door.

Not sure that Nick's superpower being "telling gangsters how bad withdrawal can be" to get him out of a sticky situation was all that convincing.

Good to have some new characters introduced, and next episode appears to have some good action. Was really happy to see Abigail gone, that was the slow and boring. Getting back on that boat would have sucked.
One thing I can't figure out is the time line in this show.

Aren't we only a few months into this? It seems to be closer to the timeline for TWD.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #320
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know there are some stupid characters on TWD but this show is at another level.

-What brings the walkers out? noise! so what does the mom and the black guy do? they make a lot of noise.

-The girls want to shower, get them to shower together and increase the audience. The latin girl is hot. On an actual note, wouldn't they stay in the same room?

-Nick, seriously? throw the bar in the cart if you want it that bad.

-The stupid chick with Nick, why translate all that BS for him? Jeopardizing your whole camp. Just tell them to kill him (she said no one will care if he's gone) and their own business arrangement stays the same.

-The new Doctor character might be the only worth paying attention to.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post: