Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #21
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I beat a man who had a M16 wearing no shirt and motorcycle helmet to death in a bathroom with a crowbar last night. This game has now paid for itself.

Last edited by Coys1882; 03-29-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 12:00 PM   #22
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

I swear to god I am cursed. Got #2 again, this time in a Squad game after all 3 of my squaddies bit the dust around ~#53. Managed to fight off three different squads, only to limp into the final circle and get sniped with 1/4 of my health left. Urgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm in. Looks like fun. Thanks PsYcNeT!
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 12:30 PM   #24
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fixed up the OP a bit as I've obviously played a lot more and wanted to clarify a few things. Game still rules, meta is changing a lot. People spread out a loooot more now. Up to above 15,000 for Solo rank.

Quote:

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 04-09-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #25
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, fun game. Really enjoyed it last night. I'll echo others and say the game needs some polish but very playable in its current form.

Was annoyed the first few rounds as I thought you could get a firearm early in the staging area before the game starts. Would run around in a panic trying to find one. Finally got one and was quite disappointed that it wasn't with me I landed in the game, lol.

Found some sweet stuff early in some rounds, got totally hosed in others. It really is random what you find. In one I found a ton of health kits, ammunition and add-ons but no backpack or gun. Very concerning when you know people are nearby. Other rounds I'd find a backpack and handgun, nothing else. And naturally I figure out how to use all the firearm add-ons in the last round I played. Finding a silencer is almost as good as finding a good rifle.

Gonna play the crap out of this for sure. Looking forward t seeing how this game is developed.

Oh....and please add a "last used weapon" key. Not previous weapon, not next weapon LAST USED. I love being able to flip back and forth between primary and secondary with one key.

Also, need to add the ability to vault over fences or low walls.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 04-10-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #26
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished 1st/1st/3rd playing a few games in a 4-man squad with friends last night. Feels good man.

Really getting a good grip on the best methods in the 3 game modes, though I'm still not doing super hot in Duo.

News:

http://www.pcgamer.com/playerunknown...illion-copies/

Quote:
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has sold 1 million copies
Quote:
Since entering Early Access on March 23, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has remained atop the Steam global top seller's list, drawing a peak crowd of 89,000 concurrent players. It has also crossed the million sales mark this week, according to this morning's press release.
This means that being in the top 15,000 for solo ranking makes me top 2%. Neato.

Quote:

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 04-10-2017 at 12:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #27
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well you can put me in the top 20%! Definitely not deadly in this game but it's been a while since I've played a FPS, well more 3rd person in this case I guess.

Got owned hard last night. Had the sound turned way up, foliage turned way down but still killed by people I had no idea where there. Moving slowly and quietly around buildings but not quiet enough it would seem.

First 2 nights I killed at least 2 people each round, last night I was lucky to get 3 all evening.

Last night was especially painful as it seemed everyone was landing in the same area I wanted to. First building I ran into I found an M16 with the ACOG scope and silencer. Was super pumped. Walked outside **BAM!!**, dead
Old 04-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #28
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

99% of my strategy in solo is picking a cluster of 4-5 buildings at least 1 square away from a city and 2 squares away from the flight-path to drop into. Always note that if you beeline, you can drop/parachute almost 2.5 squares on the map from the flight-path.

Generally, the weapons I try to get are the SCAR or M4 with a 4x scope and the S686 (double barrel) with a choke (tighter shot).

The S686 in particular is supremely underrated. I had a guy try to rush me out of a house with an AK yesterday, and he was wearing a level 3 vest and a level 3 helmet. I shot him twice from 15 feet in the groin and dropped him before he even tagged me. Didn't even damage his vest.

A single shot from 5 feet into a level 2 vest will drop a guy.

I actually don't think I've lost a 1v1 within 50m with the S686 yet as long as I have cover to move within.

PROTIP: Close your doors people. Interior doors too. It tricks people into thinking the building hasn't been looted, so they clomp around acting like they are alone. Open doors are a huge tipoff and a big warning to crouch around like a ninja. They increased the footstep volume over the weekend, so proning behind a door in an upstairs bedroom in a house with all it's doors closed is an excellent way to drop loud jerks with the S686.

Quote:

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 04-12-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #29
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
99% of my strategy in solo is picking a cluster of 4-5 buildings at least 1 square away from a city and 2 squares away from the flight-path to drop into. Always note that if you beeline, you can drop/parachute almost 2.5 squares on the map from the flight-path.
Yep, that's basically what I do too. I try to jump out when I don't see a ton of people going out the back, pick a clump of buildings and hope no one else has the same idea.

Was following that line of thought last night and just before my feet hit the ground I see another guy landing on the other side of the same building. We both run inside and wound up having a fist fight! I was laughing so hard I wasn't sure if I was even landing blows but he eventually fell to the floor dead. Man that was hilarious.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:18 PM   #30
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Yep, that's basically what I do too. I try to jump out when I don't see a ton of people going out the back, pick a clump of buildings and hope no one else has the same idea.

Was following that line of thought last night and just before my feet hit the ground I see another guy landing on the other side of the same building. We both run inside and wound up having a fist fight! I was laughing so hard I wasn't sure if I was even landing blows but he eventually fell to the floor dead. Man that was hilarious.
Nothing more satisfying than a punch kill when you happen to drop beside one other lonely guy. Also coincidentally the most embarrassing death.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #31
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Only ran into a guy that early once. One of my first games, got into a building and thought I landed alone in the area. Was grabbing items off the floor and got one punched in the back of the head.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #32
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Massive Patch for Thursday:

This patch will be deployed for both clients and servers Thursday, April 20, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.
Known issues
The motorbike leans slightly to the right when being driven straight.
The tires of the motorbike cannot be shot out at the moment [Non-English Players] There are some mistranslated in-game texts and they will be shown in English
Client Performance Improvements
Made some improvements to address the issue of FPS drops when opening the inventory UI
Reduced the load on the CPU through instance rendering so that the GPUs can function to their full capabilities
Made improvements to address the issue of FPS severely dropping when in the vicinity of Yasnaya, Polyana & Georgopol
Rendering performance on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved
Graphic performance and quality on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved
Server Performance Improvements
Performance improvements have been made with relation to the items spawned in the world
Content Updates
Added Vector SMG. A very powerful SMG most appropriate for short to mid-range combat that is spawned in the world
Added Motorbike w/ sidecar. A sidecar-less version will be added in a future update
Added a 2X Aimpoint scope
Added a Ballistic Mask
Added 3 new color variations for the Dacia
Added the crossbow back into the game
World
Adjusted the density of environmental elements to be identical across all graphic options
Adjusted object placement to address issues of characters getting stuck
Adjusted placement of trees that were spawning inside houses or above the terrain
Adjusted the frequency of thunder sound effects
UI
Revised certain system messages and item descriptions.
Added descriptions for attachments
The dead team-mate icon will now disappear after a certain time and distance when in team modes
Map markers are now visible to all teammates
Names of teammates now appear on the world map
Gameplay
You are now able to move sideways and backwards in the REVIVE state
The REVIVE timer will no longer decrease when a team mate is attempting to revive you
When attempting to revive a team mate, the reviving timer icon will now also be visible to the player being revived
Adjusted the character position slightly when in the REVIVE state
Made improvements to address the issue of characters shaking while being spectated
You are now able to open the world map when spectating
You can now view the casting bar when the teammate you are spectating uses heal and/or boost items
You can no longer use heal and/or boost items when in water
Action/Gunplay
Adjusted the overall balance on all attachments
Adjusted the overall balance on Assault Rifles
We will continue to balance all weapons and attachments throughout Early Access
Fixed the issue that caused cars to temporarily stop when their tires get shot out
You can now sprint when in the crouch stance
Fixed the issue of “Armed/Unarmed” state not being applied when there are delays in the server network
The blood hit effect size now varies according to the weapon caliber
You can now move when in aiming and/or scoping in the prone state
Fixed an issue with the sitting position of the character in the back-right seat of the UAZ
Fixed an issue with the position of the left hand when reloading the AWM
Fixed an issue where aiming from vehicles was not accurate
The positions of bullet hits are now the same for both yourself and the others
Fixed an issue that caused the hit box for the head to be slightly larger than the actual head
Adjusted the ragdoll physics for dead characters to be more natural
Fixed an issue that caused the character to use the wrong aim offset when using the freelook function while holding a grenade
Fixed an issue that caused the landing-from-a-high-altitude motion to seem awkward when holding a pistol
Improved the quality of zoomed-in scope views
Bolt actions are now triggered even after the final shot has been fired, so that you can starti re-firing as soon as reload is complete
Added swimming animations to go upwards and downwards
Fixed an issue that caused the reticle to appear even when in situations where you are not able to shoot
Your character now uses a different animation when in crouch stance while holding a melee weapon
Made improvements to the reload animations for the M249
Made improvements to the reload animations for the P1911
The muzzle flash is now brighter than before and is now visible from a longer distance
Sound
There are now sound effect differences for supersonic and non-supersonic bullet speeds
Made adjustments so that the sound of the bullet flying through air doesn’t play when shots are fired from a short distance from your character
You can now figure out what floor the opponents are at just by listening to their footsteps
Adjusted the firing sound of the SKS in mid to long range combat
Adjusted the volume of the footsteps
Miscellaneous
We have opened a test server to better manage our content and secure stability for our live environment updates
Additional in-game texts have been localized
Bug fixes
Fixed a bug that caused some buildings to not be visible at long distance
Fixed a bug that caused a knocked out player to be ejected in front of a vehicle. If knocked out in a vehicle, you will now be ejected to the side
Fixed a bug that caused weapons to clip through walls
Fixed a bug that caused the icons for certain “pants” items to not appear correctly
Fixed a bug that caused the PLAYERUNKNOWN shoes to not render properly
Fixed a bug that caused the hit effects to play at random
Fixed a bug that caused bald characters to have hair
Fixed a bug that caused disconnects after 5 minutes into a match

Additional Notes:
This week we roll out our first monthly patch. This patch will the first of many to address performance, fix bugs and add new content to the game. I must stress that we will not be able to fix all performance issues with a single patch. For this patch, we focused on stabilizing performance for all users, trying to ensure there would be less FPS drops, and improve performance for those with lower spec systems. Optimizing the game will take us time, and will continue all through early access, so please have patience while we work to improve the game experience for all players.
We are opening a Test Server to better manage our updates and ensure stability before we push updates to the Live Servers. We will push each new update to this server on the Wednesday of the week, to allow a full days testing before updating the live servers. We will have the exact time you should expect this server to be online tomorrow, so stay tuned to our Twitter!
We are aware that some of you are experiencing what appear to be memory leaks, and we will work on fixing this going forward, but over the last month, we have been concentrating on improving the performance for min spec systems, and stabilizing FPS for everyone no matter what their PC specs. We are still a relativity small team, so we must focus on one problem at a time right now. We are working to expand the team, but finding the right people with suitable experience and capabilities takes time, so please bear with us.
Next I need to address a slight price change for the game in New Zealand. We’ve been seeing some abnormal patterns in our New Zealand sales. It turns out that due to the comparatively low price in New Zealand (roughly US$25) and the fact that gifting from New Zealand to other countries is not restricted the same as it is for other countries like China, Russia and Brazil, people seem to be exploiting the system. We have slightly raised the price to US$28 to combat this.
I also want to address server lag once again. The lag you experience on the servers is not due to the hardware or size of the server, nor does it have to do with the number of players online. It is due to a networking issue with the core engine code, and it is something we are working hard to resolve, but it is not a simple issue to fix, so it will take us some time. Please bear with us and we will get it fixed as soon as we can.
Finally, before we get to the patch-notes for this month’s update, I want to once again thank everyone for their support over the past month. We broke 100,000 concurrent users on Monday which is a huge milestone for any game and we wouldn’t have done this without the tremendous support of every player, so from all team here, a sincere thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #33
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow...that's quite the update.

Quote:
Adjusted the density of environmental elements to be identical across all graphic options
AKA foliage I would assume?

lol at the crossbow coming back. I kept seeing it in replays and never found it in the game. Looking forward to trying that out although I'm sure I'll suck with it.

Looking forward to seeing these improvements.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #34
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I really wish you could go back to your old matches and see a game report. Just a map view and a dot of where everyone died and how/who it happened.

Side note: I had my best game last night. I finished 8th (my PB is 2nd) but I had 7 kills which is 4 better than my previous. Quite happy.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #35
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a neat idea. Post game battle reports are interesting to look at.

Nice round, my PB is still only 3, lol. Not bad but room for improvement. I have a habit of looking the wrong way it seems. Try to keep my head on a swivel but looking around too much can make you miss things too.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:34 AM   #36
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

If I dropped as far away as I can every time and played it safe looting wise (camp) and then moved with the barrier on my heels I think I would be top 10 every game. Sometimes however I impulsively mix it up and drop in with everyone and end up 90th - the gunfights don't work for me.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #37
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't work for me either but they are fun. Drop in with everyone as soon as bailing from the plane becomes available and get ready for a ride!

However, the strategy of bailing solo and ninja stepping your way across the map can get hard on the nerves. Smashed my knees into my desk on more than a few occasions when shots suddenly ring out of no where.

That's one of the biggest issues I'm having now and not sure if it's just me or something in the game. If I'm creeping along and someone starts shooting at me, I have a tough time trying to figure out the direction its coming from. Gunfire off in the distance? No problem tracking its source but in close, really tough at times.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #38
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Doesn't work for me either but they are fun. Drop in with everyone as soon as bailing from the plane becomes available and get ready for a ride!

However, the strategy of bailing solo and ninja stepping your way across the map can get hard on the nerves. Smashed my knees into my desk on more than a few occasions when shots suddenly ring out of no where.

That's one of the biggest issues I'm having now and not sure if it's just me or something in the game. If I'm creeping along and someone starts shooting at me, I have a tough time trying to figure out the direction its coming from. Gunfire off in the distance? No problem tracking its source but in close, really tough at times.
Yeah I hear you. I have a USB-based digital 7.1 sim-surround Razer Megalodon that I typically use because it's comfortable and lightweight, but I'm finding the sound separation in game is difficult (and probably due to the mediocre nature of the audio with my headset).

A few days ago I dug out my old first generation analog 5.1 Tritton AX headset (which literally weighs 3 lbs and plugs in using 3 2.5mm jacks plus an AC power source) that I retired due to discomfort and was magically able to hear everything going on, right down to gunfire placement and exact footstep locations. The thing can only be gamed with for ~45m before my neck gets sore though.

Thinking about upgrading my headset now...

Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #39
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a good point about footsteps. They sound just fine, no issue figuring out what direction they are coming from. Maybe I'm just panicking.....

I see they will be adjusting footstep volume again. I hope they turn it down a bit as creeping around in a house is basically a dead giveaway atm. Seems like the creeping footstep volume is the same as walking or running, just spaced farther apart.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 04-18-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #40
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

What headset though? Since I retired my Medusa 5.1 headset I've never found a true surround headset that's an adequate replacement. I use Sennheiser headset which is perfect for comfort and sound quality, but the virtual surround sound stuff never seems to work well for me. The analog ones with multiple speakers seem to work better.

But all the ones I've seen are either cheap build quality, have poor sound quality, bad comfort, or all three. Plus I prefer an open rather than a closed design.