Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #1341
verda13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Really? People actually thought they'd throw Michael Phelps in a tank with a great white shark for a shark race on Shark Week? Who in their right mind would think he had a chance anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...covery-channel
In their defense, that is what has been advertised over the last 6 months.

Last edited by verda13; 07-25-2017 at 10:10 AM.
verda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #1342
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Really? People actually thought they'd throw Michael Phelps in a tank with a great white shark for a shark race on Shark Week? Who in their right mind would think he had a chance anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...covery-channel
Probably wasn't even a good shark. Just an average one.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #1343
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Probably wasn't even a good shark. Just an average one.
I think it must have just eaten a bunch of cgi dolphins. Phelps only lost by two seconds.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:31 AM   #1344
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Labelled an "Honour stabbing" by a North African Muslim on his female partner. Now the baby she was carrying has died as a result of the stabbing. The Baby was one month from being delivered. The man has been arrested.
Quote:
Montreal police have arrested a man accused of stabbing his girlfriend multiple times with a BBQ fork and killing her unborn child.
A woman who was eight months pregnant was stabbed overnight just hours after police had visited the home to respond to a call about a domestic dispute.
http://montrealgazette.com/news/loca...-woman-stabbed

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:20 AM   #1345
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Jenna says she is lucky the outcome wasn't worse.
"With time, I could have lost a lot of skin," Jenna says. "And they said if I had waited, I could be getting reconstructive surgery on the bottom half of my face."
Despite the ordeal, Jenna says she's not against lip augmentation and may even get lip-filler injections in the future. But if she does, she says, she'll get it done by a doctor. She says it would be worth the extra cost.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/plas...214639?cmp=rss

Unbeleivable. After almost losing your face, you still think non-necessary medical procedures are worth doing, just to get ridiculous looking lips?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:56 AM   #1346
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/animals/shark-dragged-behind-high-speed-boat-in-video-sparks-investigation-in-florida/459837234

WTF is wrong with some people? I'd be up for a reciprocal punishment in this case. Or a feeding to the sharks. Or maybe just let them nibble a bit, or a lot.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:57 AM   #1347
Drummer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Yesterday a 33 year old man got a little carried away taking photos at Elbow Falls. He jumped the small fence, to get a better picture, and ended up falling in the water and died.
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:45 PM   #1348
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often, every time I've been there people do stuff like that.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:22 PM   #1349
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't people go cliff jumping there?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #1350
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's sad. The fences are there for a reason people!

In other falling to your death while taking pictures news a man died on the Going to the Sun road in Glacier National Park last week after slipping into a creek, getting washed into a culvert under the road and then plunging off a 30m cliff.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:17 AM   #1351
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

How bad has your life been when you are 14 years old, breaking into a school in the middle of the night, carrying a knife and have no problem trying to kill a dog by stabbing it in the head?
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #1352
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If there's a heaven or a hell, it would be interesting to do a poll of people showing up for their eternal assignment and the first words from their lips is "Well hell that was stupid"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #1353
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Two Venezuelan opposition leaders, Leopoldo López and Antonio Ledezma, have been re-a

This doesn't get as much attention as it should be getting. Venezuela, a once prosperous oil-driven nation is literally becoming a dictatorship with each passing day.

Quote:
But the opposition accused the president of trying to rewrite the constitution in order to maximise his power and sideline the opposition-controlled legislature.
Quote:
US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin announced on Monday that the US had imposed sanctions on President Maduro and called him a "dictator who disregards the will of the Venezuelan people".
Antonio Ledezma is the former mayor of Caracas. He's literally being dragged out of bed and arrested wearing his pyjamas.

The whole world is focused on NK and whatever Trump drama is going on. But the situation in Venezuela has been getting worse day by day.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-40787830
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #1354
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've seen stories of it on CTV, CTV, BBC and CNN, its getting a lot of attention, especially after the last vote that basically made Maduro President for life.

In other news, a malignant south American Dictator? Wow this water is really wet too.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #1355
Slacker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
This doesn't get as much attention as it should be getting. Venezuela, a once prosperous oil-driven nation is literally becoming a dictatorship with each passing day.

Antonio Ledezma is the former mayor of Caracas. He's literally being dragged out of bed and arrested wearing his pyjamas.

The whole world is focused on NK and whatever Trump drama is going on. But the situation in Venezuela has been getting worse day by day.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-40787830
Thanks for posting the link. As a Venezuelan living in Canada, it is frustrating hear about friends and family stuck at home due to protests and the struggle to find food.

About Venezuela being a dictatorship, that is not surprising. Chavez (before he died) used to say that he will be president until 2021, and afterwards, his daughter will take over.

The other thing I will say is what Trump is doing with the media is very similar with what Chavez did in the early 2000s, ending with some networks being bought by the government. I really hope that is not the case.
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Slacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 11:02 PM   #1356
Drummer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

On the weekend a lady in Canmore entered a closed area due to a bear,,, and was attacked by a bear and was hospitalized.
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:32 AM   #1357
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:42 AM   #1358
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
On the weekend a lady in Canmore entered a closed area due to a bear,,, and was attacked by a bear and was hospitalized.
A few months ago I was out there biking when they had warning signs for bears, clearly stating all dogs MUST be kept on leash. Every goddamn dog owner had their dogs loose, frolicking in the grasses and running into the creek. People are idiots, unable to comprehend a simple warning. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Fido was running loose in this case.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:35 AM   #1359
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

She's being fined for it now. Some people will probably spout off how she's already been punished by being attacked by a bear and this is kicking her when she's down. But sometimes a message needs to be sent. Obey the f'ing signs.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #1360
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The dumbening continues...

Quote:
Days after a woman was injured in a bear encounter, Alberta Parks is expressing concern about the unauthorized removal of warning tape and signs from trails in Canmore that are closed because of bear activity.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...240760?cmp=rss

So much dumb.