Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-19-2017, 11:58 PM   #681
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Chuck is (or was) out of his damn mind that's a whole other level of crazy. He has the worst kind of crazy where he thinks there is no way he can be wrong about anything especially his electromagnetic illness.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:07 AM   #682
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am trying to remember how things went down at the end of Breaking Bad for Saul. Were the feds after him, or did he just use his "guy" to get himself protection from various bad guys who might target him? I wonder if he has anyway of just sitting it out and returning to his "Saul" or "Jimmy" life. Maybe collecting his Sandpiper cheque and living happily ever after.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #683
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was great! I watched it twice and even watched Talking Saul for the first time ever.

I loved that blockbuster scene. So many memories.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #684
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Great show. Makes me want to watch Breaking bad all over again.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #685
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

No guarantee yet that BCS will be renewed.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/be...d-season-four/

The third season of Better Call Saul is averaging a 0.58 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.62 million viewers. Compared to season two, that’s down by 34% and down by 25%, respectively.

While it has never been a huge ratings success, this critically acclaimed TV series is one of the network’s top-performing shows not involving the zombie apocalypse. Can Better Call Saul build up its audience? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? I suspect it will be renewed but my assessment may change if the ratings keep falling.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #686
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
No guarantee yet that BCS will be renewed.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/be...d-season-four/

The third season of Better Call Saul is averaging a 0.58 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.62 million viewers. Compared to season two, that’s down by 34% and down by 25%, respectively.

While it has never been a huge ratings success, this critically acclaimed TV series is one of the network’s top-performing shows not involving the zombie apocalypse. Can Better Call Saul build up its audience? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? I suspect it will be renewed but my assessment may change if the ratings keep falling.
The only explanation for poor rating is people simply do not know how good this show is or aren't aware of it. If you told them that there was a show, set in the same world as Breaking Bad, that is as good if not better (it is better in my opinion), would they believe you?
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #687
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

How 'Better Call Saul' Secretly Became One of TV's Best Dramas

The 'Breaking Bad' spin-off has done more than step out of its sibling series' shadow – it's officially become a canon-worthy show all its own

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...-shows-w488758
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:03 PM   #688
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually know a few people who didn't like the first couple of episodes and never went back to watching. They would be wise to move it to a better time, like Sunday.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #689
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Yeah anecdotally the people I know who watched BB have found it a bit slow and quit watching. I feel like the lack of constant cliffhangers helps the show, but I can see how BB fans don't find it as engaging.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #690
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly though, AMC doesn't have much going on, so I can't see any reason not to keep renewing it until Gilligan and Gould decide to end it.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #691
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I am trying to remember how things went down at the end of Breaking Bad for Saul. Were the feds after him, or did he just use his "guy" to get himself protection from various bad guys who might target him? I wonder if he has anyway of just sitting it out and returning to his "Saul" or "Jimmy" life. Maybe collecting his Sandpiper cheque and living happily ever after.
They didn't directly show that law enforcement was after him, but he bugged out because of his connections to Walt/Heisenberg. He knew damn well the feds would make that connection, and would figure out his criminal involvement with Walt, Jesse, Mike, and Gus.

IMO, there is no going back for Jimmy/Saul.

To address Jimmy's scheme to redeem Irene. Hey, that rhymes! Anyways, I think they tried to illustrate that no matter what Jimmy would say to the women they would just think he is a good person that has a soft spot for Irene. Although he was telling the truth, he had built up a lie so well that he would never be able to reason them back into the truth. I think his only recourse was to trick them back into the truth.

I don't think Chuck intentionally meant to knock the lantern off. From what I was interpreting, Chuck was overwhelmed with guilt regarding his "you never really mattered that much to me" comment. His mental health quickly regressed, and he was 'zoned out', for lack of a better term. The kicking was a coping mechanism kind of tick while completely locked in his illness.

And I don't think he's dead.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #692
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Interesting you think the lantern was unintentional. Makes me wonder if the scene was shot to be vague. It kinda looked to me like Chuck noticed what was happening. His line of seemed to indicate he was watching the lantern inch forward.

The way they cut back and forth from the lantern shot to Chuck it made it feel like the tension of him getting closer was being ramped up.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #693
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
The only explanation for poor rating is people simply do not know how good this show is or aren't aware of it. If you told them that there was a show, set in the same world as Breaking Bad, that is as good if not better (it is better in my opinion), would they believe you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I actually know a few people who didn't like the first couple of episodes and never went back to watching. They would be wise to move it to a better time, like Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Yeah anecdotally the people I know who watched BB have found it a bit slow and quit watching. I feel like the lack of constant cliffhangers helps the show, but I can see how BB fans don't find it as engaging.
A few people I know were reluctant to watch because they thought it would be a cheap spin-off of the wrong character. It would just try to capitalize on the popularity and success of Breaking Bad, and would somehow taint that series for them. Star Wars Syndrome.

I still can't convince everyone to get on board.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 06-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #694
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Interesting you think the lantern was unintentional. Makes me wonder if the scene was shot to be vague. It kinda looked to me like Chuck noticed what was happening. His line of seemed to indicate he was watching the lantern inch forward.

The way they cut back and forth from the lantern shot to Chuck it made it feel like the tension of him getting closer was being ramped up.
I should re-watch the scene. Maybe my empathy for the character's situation framed what I thought was happening.

For anyone who watched Talking Saul, how did they address this scene?

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 06-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #695
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Michael McKean doesn't expect Chuck to get miraculously saved: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fie...finale-1015251

He also doesn't think it's the last we've seen of Chuck, just because of the show's frequent use of flashbacks (and, in a way, the whole show is a flashback).

Considering that AMC let shows like Hell on Wheels and Turn finish their stories, I'd be very surprised if they don't let Saul play out.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #696
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ratings and critical acclaim aside, I wouldn't be surprised if we're in the home stretch now. 5 seasons for Breaking Bad and 5 for betting Better Call Saul, I bet Gilligan and Gould will go for that symmetry. And AMC will happily play along.

Watching Chuck spiral was rough. I'm still not sure exactly what set him off - did he have regrets for what ended up being (almost certainly) his last words to Jimmy? We may never know.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #697
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It wasn't one thing for Chuck it was everything. He took out his frustrations by hacking up the walls plus he legitimately wanted to find out where the power was leaking, poor guy couldn't let it go. When he didn't find anything that was the uh tipping point. Chuck's electromagnetic phobia is a coping mechanism, a really bizarre one.

That's my take.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #698
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I think he really wanted the electromagnetic allergy to be real. If it wasn't, that really put doubts in his mind about his mental faculties.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #699
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

A lot of people I know think the show is far too slow.

I think it's brilliant though.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #700
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can somebody remind me what Mike was doing in Chuck's house aside from taking sneaky pictures (which I'm not sure the pictures even added much to Jimmy's case.)? Did he end up installing something that could have been leaking the energy?
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman