Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2015, 01:53 PM   #101
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well. Finished the season and I tend to agree. Has too much of a soap vibe to it now.

Where'd the humor go? That's what I liked about it.

I think I have next seasons story line pegged down too.

The engagement goes through a serious rough patch only to be reconciled at the end of the season.

Since Donna is at Louis's desk now, Donna and Spector finally bump uglies on the regular without the conflict of interest of her working for him.

Louis gets a new cat!

And somewhere amidst all the relationship garbage there's a couple of one episode cases they solve with ease.

Yeah, I think I'll watch next season but only because I cannot let something go once I'm invested too much into it. 4 seasons is a lot to give up.

Hoping they turn it around again and get back to what made it so good in the first place.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #102
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anybody remember how there used to be this recurring bit where Harvey and Mike would quote movies to each other? Yah, the writers don't either.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredr123 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2015, 10:31 PM   #103
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Donna (Sarah Rafferty) is back tonight.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:09 PM   #104
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was alright, better than I expected. Best relationship drama on TV, that's for sure, since they so badly want to be that.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:32 PM   #105
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great season opener. Hearkened back to season one a bit. Hopefully they ease up on the drama a bit and sway back into the funny like they did tonight...ish
Old 06-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #106
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

I didnt realize losing a secretary could be so traumatizing.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #107
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're in love with said secretary and your work consumes you, I can see it happening.

Personally went down that road about 3.5 years ago with a coworker and ended up on antidepressants.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:05 AM   #108
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Suits is becoming unwatchable. Every story arc in the last season and this one is utterly predictable.

Lewis Litt has become a caricature of himself and Harvey is so one dimensional is character is boring.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 10:03 PM   #109
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

I finally caught the season premiere and really enjoyed it. Nice to see the show doing something a bit different with Harvey and Donna.

Also, the movie quote scene should make fans happy
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 10:34 PM   #110
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I found the Donna stuff a bit melodramatic.

There's been hints here and there at a Jessica/Harvey slant; I wonder if they'll go down that path at all.

Nice to see a bit more legal stuff, would like more.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #111
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Suits is really good again as of episode 3 last week. So if you've left... come back.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #112
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Suits is really good again as of episode 3 last week. So if you've left... come back.
I'm enjoying it too. It's gotten back to its roots.

Although, I'm going to start yelling at my bosses like Mike does whenever I don't get my way, and see what happens.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #113
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I dunno if it's just me, but I find that a lot of the dialogue between the characters to be too rushed. It's like they can't wait to jump at the punch line and completely ruins the joke.

The only character that pulls it off is Louis.

Also, I'm sick of the over use of "God Damn", especially by Harvey and Jessica.
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:19 PM   #114
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Interesting; I finally gave up on it after the season opener.
May have to give it another try.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #115
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll agree, this season is much much better. Man just in episodes 3 and 4 alone the quick quips and one line jabs were flying everywhere. And great ones too. And the mushy melodrama stuff has been toned down immensely.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:20 PM   #116
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Good to know. I tried watching the season 5 opener but couldn't stay interested in it and stopped partway through. I'll have to give it another chance
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:26 PM   #117
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

I like this season thus far. I could probably do with a little less Harney/Donna drama, but I feel like many of the other characters have settled back into better roles. I don't like when they make Louis the bad guy. I prefer when he makes himself the bad guy by poor decisions or lack of information. I think Jessica has been much better so far without the Jeff drama of last season as well. And even Rachel I think has managed to settle into her role better as they have toned down the relationship drama between her and Mike.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #118
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Seeing Mike actually use his photographic memory a couple times already was great to see. As was the Senator Clay Davis reference a couple episodes back. Definitely feels more season 1ish.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #119
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yah, so no one is going to comment on the midseason finale? The episode currently has a 9.9/10 rating on imdb. Yah, it was a little cheesy and yes it was kind of predictable, but it was still quite well done and a nice way to end the first half of season five.

Spoiler!

Last edited by fredr123; 08-28-2015 at 08:53 AM.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #120
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Overall I thought it was a great first half. There was a bit much relationship drama the last week or two I think, but still solid episodes.

I know I have brought this up before, but I am still sick of the 'Mike didn't go to Harvard' crap all the time. To me, its not really a part of the show except when the writers get lazy and need to drum up a bit of drama. I think at this point, I would have been much happier with the show had it not even been a plot point at all. The show is all about hot shot lawyers using questionably dirty tricks and manipulations to win cases. It could have been a perfectly acceptable premise that Mike was just some whiz kid grad with a photographic memory and that got him started up the chain. I don't really feel like the Harvard angle does the show any justice. Mike as a character has plenty to be driven by and conflicted over. He could have still had all the drama with Rachel over the years, still could be conflicted about the morals of these cases and clients (because of his background and losing his parents) and still could have had the same rapport with Harvey.

I guess I am just sick of them using Mike's secret as the cliff hanger at the end of every half season and season.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote