Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2024, 06:27 PM   #6161
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
There are aid organizations that are not corrupt, or to be more specific, terrorist sympathizers. Many of them are active in Gaza right now, and have even taken casualties while doing their great work.

This is not a single solution process, but our government is more inclined to appeasement & virtue signalling than they are actually making proper decisions.
"Casualties" is a nice way of saying murdered by Israel.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:24 PM   #6162
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Yikes, Azure. Like ****ing christ, try to be more human about this at least.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 06:58 AM   #6163
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The evidence must be overwhelming
So overwhelming even the Germans are restoring funding.

Quote:
Germany has said it will restore cooperation and funding to Unrwa operations in the Gaza Strip after an independent review said Israel had not provided evidence to back up claims that hundreds of employees of the UN agency for Palestinians were members of terrorist organisations.

Berlin’s foreign and development ministries said in a joint statement on Wednesday that following Monday’s publication of the review, conducted by the former French foreign minister Catherine Colonna, the German government would soon resume cooperation with the UN’s Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian refugees (Unrwa).
Germany’s decision follows those made earlier by several other major donors, including Australia, Canada, Sweden and Japan, to restore ties with Unwra after the Israeli government claimed in January that members of the agency had been involved in planning and carrying out the Hamas attack of 7 October that triggered the now-six-month-old war in Gaza.

The absence so far of evidence presented to underpin Israel’s allegations has raised questions about the snap decision by 19 donor governments to cut millions of dollars of funding to Unrwa, the main channel for humanitarian support for Palestinians, even as the death toll in Gaza soared, the health system collapsed and famine began to loom.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ations-in-gaza

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 08:57 AM   #6164
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Yikes, Azure. Like ****ing christ, try to be more human about this at least.
I suppose when you have literally nothing left other than your delusions as to what the reality of the situation is, all you can do is spout stupidity about 'omg try to have more humanity.'

My position on this is clear, but I guess it must be hard to see past the actual facts.

Have fun on the ignore list.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 10:13 AM   #6165
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Just a total lack of humanity and self awareness. Tough watching someone so terrible and ignorant be so proud of it.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 11:15 AM   #6166
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
delusions as to what the reality of the situation is
Quote:
the reality of the situation on the ground where Hamas is intentionally stopping aid from reaching the people.
There is no aid shortage. We're all deluded. Israel is letting aid free flowly. The antisemitic global media is presenting a narrative that Israel is blocking aid to reach the sick and starving whilst the reality is that it is in fact Hamas disguised as Israelis that are stopping it.

If you don't go along with my reality I'm going to block you. Furthermore I'll announce it because that'll really show you.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:51 AM   #6167
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Just a total lack of humanity and self awareness. Tough watching someone so terrible and ignorant be so proud of it.
Says the king of hypocrisy. The champion of human rights for everyone, besides the jews of course. You play this like a team sport and are just another useful mouthpiece for whatever Iran publishes on TikTok. Just like your teammates here, except I thought at some point you would see how vile the protesters are and how Hamas needs to be eradicated. We might not agree on how that should happen, but I figured you would see through the rest of the rot. Several other posters here making the most deranged posts just like you. Some I expect, others are just sad.

As usual, the pendulum has swung and you are all getting called out for being exactly who you claim to be fighting for, except it is you who are the problem. No solutions, just hate on Israel, just pushing anything that will involve death of jews.

Israel doesn't care what you or anyone thinks, they are trying to survive while surrounded by militias paid for by Iran that want jews dead. But you can run around and pretend none of that is true, this will all look bad in the end. Especially for Palestinians, who many years ago should have opted for peace as basically all of my posts over the years have pushed.
Nage Waza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:51 AM   #6168
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Israel's deliberate efforts to impede aid, coupled with its deliberate and excessive destruction of infrastructure throughout Gaza, along with its land seizures in the West Bank - to say nothing of its excessive bloodshed and the fact it never had a post war plan - all point in the same direction.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's an ethnic cleansing. I don't think that point is even up for reasonable debate anymore.
flylock shox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:06 PM   #6169
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
Says the king of hypocrisy. The champion of human rights for everyone, besides the jews of course. You play this like a team sport and are just another useful mouthpiece for whatever Iran publishes on TikTok. Just like your teammates here, except I thought at some point you would see how vile the protesters are and how Hamas needs to be eradicated. We might not agree on how that should happen, but I figured you would see through the rest of the rot. Several other posters here making the most deranged posts just like you. Some I expect, others are just sad.

As usual, the pendulum has swung and you are all getting called out for being exactly who you claim to be fighting for, except it is you who are the problem. No solutions, just hate on Israel, just pushing anything that will involve death of jews.

Israel doesn't care what you or anyone thinks, they are trying to survive while surrounded by militias paid for by Iran that want jews dead. But you can run around and pretend none of that is true, this will all look bad in the end. Especially for Palestinians, who many years ago should have opted for peace as basically all of my posts over the years have pushed.
And you can pretend Israel is an innocent victim and doesn't continue to antagonize and make matters worse at every turn. Take your blinders off.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:16 PM   #6170
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
And you can pretend Israel is an innocent victim and doesn't continue to antagonize and make matters worse at every turn. Take your blinders off.
Israel was an innocent victim of the October attack. You think they weren't innocent? They offered land for peace, rejected by Palestinians. They opened the border with Gaza so they could renew working in Israel, instead they were attacked. 20 years of rocket attacks, tunnels and assorted terror. So yes, this is on the hands of Hamas.

Egypt and Jordan are other players here that you conveniently ignore or aren't even aware of I am betting.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:19 PM   #6171
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Israel was an innocent victim of the October attack. You think they weren't innocent? They offered land for peace, rejected by Palestinians. They opened the border with Gaza so they could renew working in Israel, instead they were attacked. 20 years of rocket attacks, tunnels and assorted terror. So yes, this is on the hands of Hamas.

Egypt and Jordan are other players here that you conveniently ignore or aren't even aware of I am betting.
Is that different from the land in the west bank they keep murdering people to take?
Old 04-24-2024, 12:19 PM   #6172
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Wow that is offside. You should be ashamed of yourself. Pepsi has never come remotely close to saying anything like that.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:21 PM   #6173
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
Israel's deliberate efforts to impede aid, coupled with its deliberate and excessive destruction of infrastructure throughout Gaza, along with its land seizures in the West Bank - to say nothing of its excessive bloodshed and the fact it never had a post war plan - all point in the same direction.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's an ethnic cleansing. I don't think that point is even up for reasonable debate anymore.
Israel is at war and the only time ever, Israel must provide aid. And who is stealing the aid? Hamas.

Israel is destroying infrastructure that achieves their military objective, destruction of Hamas. Hamas of course built it within and below the civilians, but you conveniently ignore that.

This war is terrible, I agree 100%, but it was inevitable. And it won't stop in Gaza either, everyone watching what happens here and what happens to Iran and their militias. They need to be stopped in Gaza and Lebanon. That is the path to peace, unfortunately. At the moment and for decades, Israel has not had a peace partner from the Palestinians.

And if you still think it is ethnic cleansing, what has stopped Israel from doing that job? You can cry this nonsense all you need to, it isn't stopping them. In fact, it has been Hamas avoiding ceasefires or returning hostages and bodies. Not Israel. Disgusting to avoid calling out Hamas in each and every post.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:22 PM   #6174
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Wow that is offside. You should be ashamed of yourself. Pepsi has never come remotely close to saying anything like that.
Wrong. Israel has been attacked for decades. They fight back and you guys all crawl out to condemn them. We know what the objective is, annihilation of Israel.

Is your goal peace with Israel?
Old 04-24-2024, 12:28 PM   #6175
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Is that different from the land in the west bank they keep murdering people to take?
Is that different in the west bank as Jews are murdered? Tell us all about pay to slay? The official government policy to pay out those who can kill jews. In fact, I believe that is the largest budget item for the Palestinians.

In Israel, Muslims live amongst the jews with equal rights. In the West Bank, there are no jews since they are paying Palestinians to kill jews. That is the real ethnic cleansing.

Your post is so simple and indicative of how little you know.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:34 PM   #6176
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Wrong. Israel has been attacked for decades. They fight back and you guys all crawl out to condemn them. We know what the objective is, annihilation of Israel.

Is your goal peace with Israel?
Everyone you're arguing with has a goal of peace. You are promoting and supporting an ongoing offensive military attack that has killed 10s of thousands of civilians and counting.

Where is Israel under a current threat of "annihilation"? Israel is the annihilator and Palestinians are the victims.

lol, you are so brainwashed and display such a dearth of critical thinking skills it's borderline comical.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 12:36 PM   #6177
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is that different in the west bank as Jews are murdered? Tell us all about pay to slay? The official government policy to pay out those who can kill jews. In fact, I believe that is the largest budget item for the Palestinians.

In Israel, Muslims live amongst the jews with equal rights. In the West Bank, there are no jews since they are paying Palestinians to kill jews. That is the real ethnic cleansing.

So you can't even acknowledge the Israel government is doing what it is doing? Settlers? Anyone, anyone? Unreal. Here, read it again if you missed it:

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...postcount=6125

You are absolutely not worth the effort. Sadly you will go on being a monster with no humanity, concerned only for your tribe and how to win, while the rest of us point out in futility that no one is innocent here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 12:41 PM   #6178
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Canada has for years supported the UNRWA which has been a puppet for Hamas. This has all been exposed many times. Money that Canadian taxpayers have paid (i.e. you) has flowed directly into the hands of Hamas, and has been part of continuing the cycle of violence. Does that not bother you? Or does it only bother you when Canadian or Western money flows to Israel?

So yes, you are a hypocrite who creatively seeks to ignore what is actually been a extremely glaring issue for many years (ever wonder why the leaders of Hamas are so rich? of course not).

There is a reason despite Israel going out of their way to seek vengeance in Gaza, that countries like Jordan and Saudi Arabia still help them and still seek to make peace with them.

Oh also, this idea of 'oh look they killed civilians again', and using it as a designation to decide that both sides are equally bad, or even a terrorist state like Zary keeps pouting about when he takes a break from protesting is quite interesting, as the US has killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in the Middle East the past few decades, often with indiscriminate drone attacks where they actively said 'civilian casualties are acceptable at certain rate of terrorist to civilians that are killed.' This is the same doctrine that Israel is using in Gaza. Is the US a terrorist state as well? Did the US actively commit war crimes? Were individual US military members or commands reprimanded for their actions during those conflict? Does that mean the entire US military is a terrorist run organization, and by extension the US government, who commands the US military as well?

So yes, in case it isn't clear to you and the usual suspects, there is only one terrorist organization involved in this conflict.
Uhhh...

Yes, yes, not really, yes.

I'm not sure this is the exculpatory example you're looking for.

1. The US brought violence to Iraq without any proof, and killed thousands upon thousands. It's irrelevant if it was a 'state sanctioned' action because it had zero just cause and terrorized/killed civilians in another country. That's terrorism.

2. Yes, the US did commit war crimes. They had pictures on the front page of the nation's largest newspaper. Obama glibly said 'we tortured some folks.' Yeah, they committed war crimes.

3. An individual was reprimanded as part of a show trial to wash the stain off everyone else's hands. I think the effective answer here is that no, nobody was reprimanded for torturing, killing, and terrorizing a nation of people. Lynndie England's examples was exactly what 'powerful' countries do when they've lost their moral compass... it was a tacit admission that the government was guilty at all levels, but we just can't bring the more 'important' people to justice because come on, they have lives to lead!

4. What do you call a government that kills thousands of innocent people, displaces hundreds of thousands, tortures them, and then doesn't hold itself accountable for its actions? That's a terrorist organization... don't get yourself lost in faux legitimacy of it being under the guise of a government.

Man, really hard to get people to accept that killing people without cause is bad. You've reached the bottom of the moral barrel when you're trying to lessen your 'bad' by pointing to others who got away with it through ignorance and crass disregard for human life.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:44 PM   #6179
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I gotta admire Nage's internal race between his complete disregard for human lives* versus his disregard for rigourous fact seeking/checking.

I can only imagine the website where he got that bolded 'fact' from.

* ahem, sorry, only certain human lives. Some humans are good, others in large swaths deserve death.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:58 PM   #6180
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Israel is at war and the only time ever, Israel must provide aid. And who is stealing the aid? Hamas.

Israel is destroying infrastructure that achieves their military objective, destruction of Hamas. Hamas of course built it within and below the civilians, but you conveniently ignore that.

This war is terrible, I agree 100%, but it was inevitable. And it won't stop in Gaza either, everyone watching what happens here and what happens to Iran and their militias. They need to be stopped in Gaza and Lebanon. That is the path to peace, unfortunately. At the moment and for decades, Israel has not had a peace partner from the Palestinians.

And if you still think it is ethnic cleansing, what has stopped Israel from doing that job? You can cry this nonsense all you need to, it isn't stopping them. In fact, it has been Hamas avoiding ceasefires or returning hostages and bodies. Not Israel. Disgusting to avoid calling out Hamas in each and every post.
Universities and hospitals and other cultural artifacts.

Get a grip. The area is being razed on purpose so that it is unfit for human life.