Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2016, 06:46 PM   #101
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

This seems unlikely, and I'm mainly posting this for Locke's benefit, but Spurs have apparently been inquiring about Mario Gotze. He would apparently choose between Spurs and Dortmund.

The article says he would choose Tottenham if he were to come to England based on them being into the CL despite the connections with Klopp. Who knows how likely this is, but it would be a great signing for Spurs.

http://www.bavarianfootballworks.com...ussia-dortmund
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:54 PM   #102
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

might as well burn the cash instead. Götze is useless these days.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2016, 06:58 PM   #103
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh really? I don't really watch much Bundesliga so I couldn't say specifically.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:02 PM   #104
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah ... and it's a shame really, he was an outstanding talent at Dortmund. Injuries have been a big problem (which would IMO be a problem in the PL since it's a more physical league) and he hasn't always kept himself in the best shape either. In hindsight, the Bayern transfer was a horrible idea ... was never able to live up to the expectations and has been a bench player for a while. Bayern have been trying to sell him (last contract year is coming up and he's not in Ancelottis plans). He's really fallen from grace in Germany quickly ... they expected him to become a real superstar, but in the end, he has had very, very, very little impact at Bayern.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:12 PM   #105
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I knew he wasn't really fitting in and would have to battle hard to get a spot there, but he's still only 24 so I figured he wasn't totally washed up. If he is, he'd be a better fit for Liverpool though.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:32 PM   #106
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

the report is out of BILD too who are usually very accurate

I think with his age and talent it's worth it, there's plenty of young players who haven't done well at a massive club only to move on and find their talent
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #107
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
yeah ... and it's a shame really, he was an outstanding talent at Dortmund. Injuries have been a big problem (which would IMO be a problem in the PL since it's a more physical league) and he hasn't always kept himself in the best shape either. In hindsight, the Bayern transfer was a horrible idea ... was never able to live up to the expectations and has been a bench player for a while. Bayern have been trying to sell him (last contract year is coming up and he's not in Ancelottis plans). He's really fallen from grace in Germany quickly ... they expected him to become a real superstar, but in the end, he has had very, very, very little impact at Bayern.
Bayern have basically told him that hes extraneous to requirements for next season and that if a club come for him he will be sold.

Before the Euros he stated that he was going to stay at Bayern for the last year of his contract and then move, but I believe that the team have been trying to move him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
the report is out of BILD too who are usually very accurate

I think with his age and talent it's worth it, there's plenty of young players who haven't done well at a massive club only to move on and find their talent
Pretty much what I'm holding out hope for, but hes really fallen a long way down.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #108
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

there have even been rumours in Germany that Bayern put pressure on Götze by telling him that they wouldn't register him for the CL next season if he decided to stay. Rummenigge has denied this obviously, but it shows how quickly he has fallen from grace. At this point, I'm sure his confidence is shot. He's a reclamation project that could still return to former glory, but I just can't see him excel in the Premier League. His injury record is bad enough in Germany ...

-------------------------------------------------

Mourinhos mouthpiece Duncan Castles in the Times - it seems Raiola would get quite a bit of money if he sealed Pogbas return to United. No wonder he's been pushing for it while getting cozy with United all summer.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:58 PM   #109
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like West Ham released a statement that they're not listening to offers under Ł50M for Payet.

Seems reasonable.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 07-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #110
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Graziano Pelle goes to China. Sigh. And even worse for Southampton fans: they turn around and spend the same amount (around €15m) on Pierre-Emil Höjbjerg from Bayern Munich. I honestly can't think of a big club that's as good as Bayern right now when it comes to selling average players for big money. They got €30m for Rode and Höjbjerg this summer, for Christs sake ... that almost funded the Hummels fee by selling those two. Unbelievable.

Vincent Janssen to Tottenham seems finally done, according to the BBC. Fee is €20m, which is an outstanding piece of business for the Spurs yet again.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:08 PM   #111
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprising from Pelle.

Pretty much means is unlikely to get as much time on the international team since the Italian federation frowns upon players that play outside of the big 5 leagues for the most part.

Although I guess he is 30 already and probably realizes he isn't in the plans for much longer anyways.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #112
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Looks like West Ham released a statement that they're not listening to offers under Ł50M for Payet.

Seems reasonable.
Hopefully they sell him and get relegated.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #113
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not crazy about the shoulders on the new home kit, but the away kit is sharp.

rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:49 PM   #114
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the away, and home is alright as you say. The third is pretty terrible I think.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:06 AM   #115
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who's that other keeper? Looks so out of place
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:19 AM   #116
Money Baer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Who's that other keeper? Looks so out of place
Vorm
Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #117
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the hell is AIA?

Old 07-12-2016, 09:40 AM   #118
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it looks like a financial services company, has a terrible logo like a financial services company, and has a name like a financial services company...at least Everton is sponsored by beer to their credit.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #119
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
If it looks like a financial services company, has a terrible logo like a financial services company, and has a name like a financial services company...at least Everton is sponsored by beer to their credit.
Crap, and we lost our Carlsberg cred years ago.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #120
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Its mind boggling that they have enough pull to get their logo in red on the home jersey (or any jersey for that matter).