Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2016, 09:20 PM   #21
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Typical Taylor Hall reckless play. Don't think it was dirty but Hall hit him at full speed.

You say a lot, and I mean a LOT, of things that I don't agree with. This isn't only one of them, but probably one of the dumbest yet. As much as I dislike Taylor Hall, he did absolutely nothing wrong there. If you think he did, your prejudice is blinding you.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #22
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

The hit isn't against the rules, but is basically an example of what doesn't need to happen. A player doesn't need to obliterate another player to separate puck from player. Not a dirty hit under the current culture and rules, but still 100% unnecessary.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #23
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
It actually looked like Hall was pulling up. But given we are talking about a guy who still routinely plays with his chin glued to his chest, it is likely he wasn't aware of the impending disaster until too late.

More importantly, Larsen himself skated into a dangerous area with his head down.
Larsen for sure with his head down but by the time Hall looked up at the player he was already on the door step. Like you said that's typical Hall with his chin glued to his chest.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #24
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That is a Scott Stevens Special if you look at it from the reverse angle, shoulder pad to face.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #25
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
This comment makes no sense.
You do realize that there's a difference between reckless and intentional? Right? I said he was reckless as per usual for Hall but I didn't think he intended to hurt the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
You say a lot, and I mean a LOT, of things that I don't agree with. This isn't only one of them, but probably one of the dumbest yet. As much as I dislike Taylor Hall, he did absolutely nothing wrong there. If you think he did, your prejudice is blinding you.
I don't know who you are but you really need to re-read my post and tell me where I said Hall did anything wrong? I even said I didn't think it was dirty. It's just typical Hall skating full speed without looking straight ahead. He only realized at the very end the player has his head down but it was too late. Anyone that has watched Hall play throughout his career knows this is how he plays.

Also what is it with people being asses in this forum as of late? Disagree if you want but is it really necessary to critique posts to the level of calling them dumb?

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 12-06-2016 at 09:44 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #26
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
That is a Scott Stevens Special if you look at it from the reverse angle, shoulder pad to face.
Yeah but I don't believe it was intentional from Hall at all as he was coming in fast and at the last second put his arms out. Stevens not only wouldn't have let up at the end, he would have put a little extra shoulder into it at the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #27
RoughRiderRowdy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Suicide pass from Sbisa. Those reserve plays are routine and larsen got complacement and trusted sbisa. 99/100 that guy (hall) isnt there hes on a line chance or high guy.
RoughRiderRowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RoughRiderRowdy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 09:54 PM   #28
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hall must have been cherry picking in the corner or something. Seemed like Larsen was free and clear.. such a weird play. As mentioned the aftermath was super ugly. Tough to watch
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #29
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Where is this "chin-glued-to-chest" nonsense coming from? I know he's done it in the past, frequently, but where in that replay does he have his head down? There wasn't anything reckless about that hit. Every player is going to make hit every time. It was simply unlucky that Larson was knocked out.

If that hit is reckless to you, I think you should follow a sport with less contact.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #30
hummdeedoo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I often dismiss the "he's gotta play with his head up" argument but in this case Larsen really has to be more aware. This is a play that happens many times during the game - puck ringed around the back of the net and the opposing winger coming in fast the opposite way. Take a look, get your body hard in on the boards to absorb the hit and scrum it up. Just not thinking there for a moment.

Hope he's ok.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #31
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You do realize that there's a difference between reckless and intentional? Right? I said he was reckless as per usual for Hall but I didn't think he intended to hurt the player.

I don't know who you are but you really need to re-read my post and tell me where I said Hall did anything wrong? I even said I didn't think it was dirty. It's just typical Hall skating full speed without looking straight ahead. He only realized at the very end the player has his head down but it was too late. Anyone that has watched Hall play throughout his career knows this is how he plays.

Also what is it with people being asses in this forum as of late? Disagree if you want but is it really necessary to critique posts to the level of calling them dumb?

You said (and I quote) "Hall hit him at full speed."

It wasn't even close to full speed. Your comment deserved the perplexed responses it got.

Also, I don't come here as often as I used to but every time I do I continue to see you being a contrarian wet blanket on just about every topic. So negative, it's difficult to see how you take any enjoyment from watching hockey. I'm not surprised your posts garner these kinds of responses.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
bax
Old 12-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #32
chockfullofgoodness
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
The hit isn't against the rules, but is basically an example of what doesn't need to happen. A player doesn't need to obliterate another player to separate puck from player. Not a dirty hit under the current culture and rules, but still 100% unnecessary.
So you're basically saying that hard hits don't belong in the NHL. Wow.
chockfullofgoodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #33
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
100% unnecessary? Sorry I don't see that at all. Hall not trying to injure him, or obliterate him. Sometimes guys skate into each other when moving which essentially doubles the impact. If Hall is not paying attention, he's the one getting smoked. He was paying attention and lays a good check IMO.

Granlund on the ball there at the end. I have a hard time cheering for former Flames, and I will never cheer for Canucks, but happy to see him being a good teammate there.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #34
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

I too hate seeing a guy get hurt, but I get really annoyed with outsiders calling this reckless, unnecessary, or otherwise labeling it with an agenda other than some sympathy. It's OK to be upset about having to see someone injured and just letting it go thereafter. We don't need to take these kinds of hits out of the game or make a bigger deal than it needs to be.

Hall takes a risk by playing with speed, and Larsen takes a risk playing against him. Hell, Hall doesn't need to be skating lighting fast for these things to happen. It's hockey. Rubber pucks shooting at 100 mph are flying around and eight 200+ lbs men are skating around very quickly on a zero friction surface of ice, all while looking to hit you because it's a CONTACT sport! Of course these things happen.

I don't know if people take no risks in life, even outside of sports? But you take a risk driving your car on the highway, and every now and then someone gets terribly injured and even dies, and that's the way she goes, and it can be sad without having to ask all people to stop driving. Just calm down. Go play some hockey (real hockey).
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MarkGio For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 11:18 PM   #35
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hall didn't even square him up, didn't put a shoulder into him more just ran into front on. I would almost agree that Hall didn't realize until the last second that he was going to run into Larrsen.

Hope Larrsen is OK, that did look nasty. Good on Granlund there as well.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:20 PM   #36
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Taylor Hall did nothing wrong there. Just an unfortunate result. Hope he's okay but Hall didn't do anything illegal or wrong.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #37
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if any of the Canucks yelled at Larsen there to let him know someone was coming hard on him. Not sure if it would have helped or not, but your teammates have to warn you when a guy is bearing-down on you. (and I have no idea if they did or not - just curious).
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:30 PM   #38
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah but I don't believe it was intentional from Hall at all as he was coming in fast and at the last second put his arms out. Stevens not only wouldn't have let up at the end, he would have put a little extra shoulder into it at the end.
You should probably not post for a while.
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DoubleK For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 11:32 PM   #39
SnipeShow
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I cant help but be surprised at the lack of common sense from Larsons own team. Sbisa is again one of the first ones back there and knocks right into the persons head with his skate without a care in the world about any possible neck injury. Absolute moron.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
SnipeShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:37 PM   #40
Delthefunky
First Line Centre

Exp:

I agree with most. Hall did nothing wrong, just unfortunate Larsen took it the way he did.
Delthefunky is offline   Reply With Quote