Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #21
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Basement team with a suprising win tonight.

2-1 Flames.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #22
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't think we have the resilience to come back from a deficit with Irving in net, so it could get ugly if the Wild score first. Luckily, I expect that we'll come out hard, take an early lead, and win comfortably.

4-1 Flames.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #23
UKflames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have confidence that Iriving will be fine in net tonight but when Tanguay is your leading PIM guy and Stempniak your leading goal scorer you know you need improvement from other members of this team.

I see a 4-3 win for the good guys and we get a a few hours relief in the PGT from those spouting nothing but negatives about the team.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #24
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sometimes it has felt that the Flames have the Wild's number.

I've watched some Wild this year and their big issue has been that they haven't found good forward units beyond the Koivu-Parise pair. That used to include Heatley but now they've put him on the second line, which to me still seems like a dumb thing to do.

So the thing is that they have to be prepared to play hard against their first line or they will end up being pushed around the boards by them. They're coming off a hard-fought 2-1 win against Nashville, so they're likely to be squeezing their sticks less than they have in recent games.

They're already putting some youth into their lineup. Coyle is on the first line and looks like an NHLer. Granlund has been struggling with the rest of the secondary scoring. It's been a tough situation for him to transition to the NHL. The big name right now is Brodin who is the youngest defenseman in the NHL and basically playing first-pair minutes for them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Henry Fool For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #25
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames will win. The flames are a bubble team, but i think the flames are a better bubble team than most others. I believe the flames can beat most bubble teams on any given night. As for the flames playing Upper tier teams, thats another story.

Flames win 4-2.

Irving has a good game but lets in a softy. Cp continues to wonder if Taylor is the answer.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #26
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames win 5-1 easily since Havlat is no longer on that team. That dude seriously had our number - I think he has 7 GW's in his career against us.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #27
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Healthy Flames team wins this game, however this team without Cammy, Backlund, and Sven starts to look very mediocre.

Game goes to a shootout, from there it can go either way.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #28
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Flames win 3-2. Street gets an assist.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #29
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cue Johnny Cash ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #30
North East Goon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I personally want to see what we have in this Danny Taylor kid. What's the worst that could happen, we lose - again?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #31
bluloc
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I expect Jarome to be a lot better tonight. Big win. Jarome 4 - wild 3.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #32
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I like what Hartley has done so far with the team as a whole, but his choices for lineups has been questionable at best. Comeau has been one of the worst players in the league this year (statistically) and he has yet to be scratched, in fact he has been moved up due to injuries. Yet Sarich, who has looked good (and has a 2 mil price tag) is sitting AGAIN, even after the team put in a terrible, non-physical effort in the last game.

Take Butler out (his play has ranged from "not bad" to "pretty bad"), put Sarich in, keep Stajan with the Czechs, and scratch one of Comeau or Jones because they kill every play that touches their stick. I think Jackman and Begin have been fine for the team, definitely not the problem so far

Cammy - Tangs - Iggy
Glencross - Street - Stempniak
Hudler - Stajan - Cervenka

Those lines would win us some games, or at least not be unbearable to watch
The Following User Says Thank You to neo45 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #33
BigFlameDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Lost in all the hoopla about how this Flames team has been playing exciting hockey is that they are a basement team in the standings that will probably finish lower in the standings than last year's boring team. On Saturday it sure looked like the same old Flames team that won it's first two road games, got satisfied and mailed in Saturday's game. The Wild don't score a lot of goals but I think they will light the lamp four times tonight.

Wild win 4-2
This disease is new to this coaching staff but they had a front row seat on Saturday...here's hoping they have some ideas to fix this junk.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #34
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

the lustre/intrigue in the flames has definitely gone down from the beginning of the season with backlund/baertchi out.

Will be watching to see brodie/irving hopefully continue to progres.

If our top line continues to suck, flames lose. I have a bad feeling that even if the top line does manage to show up, flames only earn a point.

looking forward to see how parise/suter/granlund look on the new wild.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #35
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Key match up in the Flames Playoff chances. Hopefully the Flames can pull out a win!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #36
SofaProfessor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Never thought I would find myself complaining that Stajan isn't on the second line... Street didn't look bad last game but he's new to the NHL. The second line shouldn't be his at this point. Plus, I think he would do great between Stempniak and Glencross.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #37
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by North East Goon View Post
I personally want to see what we have in this Danny Taylor kid. What's the worst that could happen, we lose - again?
The flames are a bubble team and every point will matter to them. They are not going to start to try, see " what we have in " this player at this moment in time. If Irving plays awful and Kipper is not ready for next game then maybe. Even then i think the flames would probably make a trade for another back-up goalie if they don't feel comfortable with Irving for the rest of the year as a back up.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #38
Goodlad
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post

Take Butler out (his play has ranged from "not bad" to "pretty bad"), put Sarich in, keep Stajan with the Czechs, and scratch one of Comeau or Jones because they kill every play that touches their stick. I think Jackman and Begin have been fine for the team, definitely not the problem so far
I thought Jones was one of the few bright spots in that Vancouver debacle. Thought he did a good job defensively and driving the play in the offensive zone, even getting a few quality chances. I would definitely keep him in the line-up over Comeau, maybe even give him a shot on the wing on the 3rd line over Comeau.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #39
Prufrock
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Going to the game tonight! Which means... nothing, as my attendance has 0 bearing on the outcome. 3-1 Flames! Hudler, Iggy and Wideman. One for Heatley.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #40
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the flames struggle, i would be happy to see stajan get a shot at first line C as early as tonight.

Tanguay needs to move to the wing, he's a terrible C against strong opposition.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
gtd , winwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin