Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2016, 10:31 AM   #21
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved him snagging the puck of the net last game. So non chalant.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #22
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlameDog View Post
Reason #1 why I believe Johnson will keep on keeping on is his calmness and maturity. Usually when we see a goalie go on a hot streak they resemble Hasek....a little bit scrambly, lucky, holy crap saves all over the place.

Johnson is calm and smooth and I think Calgary may have lucked out on getting later blooming, matured goalie just as he is entering the elite zone.

Hope it's not just my wishful thinking.
He also hasn't been making multiple outrageous saves during this streak where he's diving to keep the puck out or having the puck hit the knob of his goal stick, etc.

Maybe it's because of his positioning and always being square to the puck, but this is why I don't see his play going south by any significant amount.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #23
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-hole View Post
I bet you're fun at parties.

"You know, we might be having fun now, but it's Friday. Eventually it will be Monday. So let's tone it down a bit, alright?"

"You're only having fun because you've had a few drinks. Tomorrow you will probably be hungover and will feel anywhere from bad to terrible. Your fun is an illusion."

"You guys really seem to be hitting it off. But let's be realistic. Most relationships fail. You don't really even know each other. Best case scenario, you fall in love and get married, and then there's like a 60% chance you eventually get divorced. Or one of you could die young. So what's the point?"
First off, I am a realist. I dont get to excited when I see a streak like this comsidering how awful we looked prior.

Secondly I can imagine most of you are the opposite. And for sure were in the crew of " Jay Bouwmeester/ Dion Phanuef are the best dmen ever", then swiftly changed your mind when things didnt work out as good as you wanted and stated "those guys are horrible, lets trade them !"

Thirdly lets enjoy the way they are playing for what it is. Which none of us know definitively what that is yet.
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #24
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon In Flames View Post
This post is terrible.

Your user name says everything I need to know about you bud. Get real
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:10 PM   #25
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
Thirdly lets enjoy the way they are playing for what it is. Which none of us know definitively what that is yet.
This is exactly what most are doing.
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2016, 09:51 PM   #26
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Didn't know where else to put this, but I think most people agree that since Hamilton and Giordano were put together on Nov 15th, that they have played pretty well. But are people aware of just how well?

Question: How many goals against has Hamilton been on the ice for in those 13 games?

Answer: Two. Yes, 2. (one in the 2-1 W over Boston, and 1 in the 5-3 L to Philly)

The Flames have given up 25 goals over that time, so he has been out for 2 of 25, or 8% of them.

In those 13 games he has 1G, 6A, 7P (6-38-44 pace)

And he is a +10 (that is a +63 pace! - which is Nik Lidstrom territory)

It should be noted that Giordano is also playing much better. He doesn't seem to get much appreciation from fans any more, but his resurgence has been a big part of the team's recent success as well.
Dougie with another plus game (with no goals against), and the GWG to boot.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote