Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #21
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Switch was supposed to be DOA at $300. The question, really, is whether Scorpio will have a system selling game to come with it. Something new that is clearly so superior on Scorpio compared to the original XB1 that getting the new device is a must.

I'm not betting on it though.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:15 AM   #22
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry for the double post but the E3 deals have started! Tekken 7, Far Cry, Mario Odyssey, NBA, Arms, etc. are $50 at Walmart.ca

No idea of Best Buy or Amazon will match. But get em while they hot . . . given our crappy dollar, game "should" be more than $80 now. Thanks Justin.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 06:42 AM   #23
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Sorry for the double post but the E3 deals have started! Tekken 7, Far Cry, Mario Odyssey, NBA, Arms, etc. are $50 at Walmart.ca

No idea of Best Buy or Amazon will match. But get em while they hot . . . given our crappy dollar, game "should" be more than $80 now. Thanks Justin.
Do you know what Walmart's shipping options are like? This is tempting, but also tempting to see what Amazon does given their release day shipping...
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:00 AM   #24
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Given everyone had Mario Odyssey tagged at $99.99 (even though other Switch games were still $80), I'm going to have to jump all over that.

Edit: lol, Arms and Splatoon 2 are "out of stock". Mario still good though.

Last edited by Resolute 14; 06-08-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:16 AM   #25
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Do you know what Walmart's shipping options are like? This is tempting, but also tempting to see what Amazon does given their release day shipping...
I'm afraid I don't. I'm running around this morning/last night but wanted to post to let people know.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #26
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Shipping to Calgary was $5.25, but I was also given the option of choosing a pick-up point for free - which is basically any Canada Post outlet. Given I was always going to have to pick a game up from Canada Post anyway, this saved me another $5 for no additional burden.

The ship date was the second week of January, which I hope is a placeholder. Honestly, I'm hoping EB Games matches and I can just pre-order in the store that is within walking distance of home.
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 07:57 AM   #27
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Shipping to Calgary was $5.25, but I was also given the option of choosing a pick-up point for free - which is basically any Canada Post outlet. Given I was always going to have to pick a game up from Canada Post anyway, this saved me another $5 for no additional burden.

The ship date was the second week of January, which I hope is a placeholder. Honestly, I'm hoping EB Games matches and I can just pre-order in the store that is within walking distance of home.
I got free shipping on three games (God of War, Destiny 2, and Middle Earth). I would have got Read Dead Redemption 2 but I will hold off for the Scorpio version and I'm not clear if purchasing an XB1 version means that will work for Scorpio.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:37 AM   #28
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I got free shipping on three games (God of War, Destiny 2, and Middle Earth). I would have got Read Dead Redemption 2 but I will hold off for the Scorpio version and I'm not clear if purchasing an XB1 version means that will work for Scorpio.
There is no way there is a special Scorpio version for games they'd sell as a separate SKU. It's not a new console generation and it would be crazy for them to segment their install base like that.

EDIT: Scorpio is the Xbox One Two. Not the Xbox Two. (Or maybe the the Xbox One S?)

Last edited by chemgear; 06-08-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #29
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2017, 09:23 AM   #30
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Given everyone had Mario Odyssey tagged at $99.99 (even though other Switch games were still $80), I'm going to have to jump all over that.

Edit: lol, Arms and Splatoon 2 are "out of stock". Mario still good though.
I had assumed that was just a placeholder?

$100 for a game would finally be out of my acceptable price range. Even for Mario.

In any case, this WalMart deal seems to be a bit strange (selling out of pre-orders on ARMs, really?), so I'm okay with waiting to see what the bigger game sellers (Amazon, Best Buy) offer up.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #31
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
In any case, this WalMart deal seems to be a bit strange (selling out of pre-orders on ARMs, really?), so I'm okay with waiting to see what the bigger game sellers (Amazon, Best Buy) offer up.
Amazon and Best Buy have both "sold out" of pre-orders in previous E3 sales. I can personally confirm that from experience.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #32
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

My Scorpio guess is $449 US ($600 CDN).

I just want VR announcements for days. Now that I've had fun little arcade experiences and several more in-depth games, I'm curious what the next 2 years will look like. I'm not expecting big games right away, but I think it's reasonable we might see some early trailers or announcements for games that are in the 10-20 hour territory.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #33
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
I had assumed that was just a placeholder?

$100 for a game would finally be out of my acceptable price range. Even for Mario.
Eh, it's not out of the realm of possibility. It was $100-120 in the mid/late 90s for the big Super Nintendo titles like Yoshi's Island and Super Mario RPG when they were new releases, thanks to the Canadian dollar.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #34
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

What could this be? An expansion?
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #35
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
What could this be? An expansion?
Expansion probably. And almost certainly a week off of work for me.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #36
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Eh, it's not out of the realm of possibility. It was $100-120 in the mid/late 90s for the big Super Nintendo titles like Yoshi's Island and Super Mario RPG when they were new releases, thanks to the Canadian dollar.
Haha, so that's why I only got a new game at Christmas.

Lots of renting at Blockbuster and scouring the Bargain Finder back in the day.

Still, if they were going to go up you think they'd do 89.99 first. Plus all the big PS4 games for the fall are all showing 79.99 still. I'm sticking with it's a placeholder.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:41 AM   #37
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ubisoft is having an E3 sale on the uplay store and I can't for the life of me understand they way they discount their games. They have franchise collections that work out to be way more money than if you simply bought all the games separately.

For instance, the Far Cry Gold bundle comes with Far Cry, Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 and Primal for $122. You could pick up all of these titles on their own along with getting the deluxe/gold versions of 3, 4 and Primal for just under $100. You could even throw in Blood Dragon for an extra $5.

The Assassin's Creed bundle is even worse. The Gold Bundle comes with the Gold Edition of Syndicate and Unity with 2 pieces of DLC for $126. You could buy those on their own for $75. Wat?
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:44 AM   #38
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Thanks! Got Red Dead 2 and Far Cry 5. I don't expect any other E3 deals would be able beat a $50 price point. Thought about getting God of War but was not a big fan of God of War 3 remastered.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:01 PM   #39
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Thanks! Got Red Dead 2 and Far Cry 5. I don't expect any other E3 deals would be able beat a $50 price point. Thought about getting God of War but was not a big fan of God of War 3 remastered.
This God of War is looking like a pretty complete reboot. Aside from the main character it looks like a completely different game.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #40
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Price drops are now coming across amazon.ca - lock in now!
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post: