Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2017, 09:26 AM   #1321
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, I doubt we're that lucky.

I'll put my money on Dwight's Wife.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:59 PM   #1322
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

That pill is going to play a role in either this last episode of the season or first episode of next season.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #1323
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well there were zero surprises in that finale.

Everyone comes ready to face off and the only major character to bite the dust is one that we've already expected to for 3 episodes. Weaksauce, TWD.

Thought at first that Shiva was chewing Negan's face off, but alas it was a no-name saviour in similar clothing. It was entertaining but so little plot progression still.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:53 PM   #1324
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steven Ogg was tragically underused in that episode.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #1325
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought that Sasha just MIGHT find a way to bite Negan, and it would have been a poetic death, but alas, the writers are not that brave. Gotta have a hero take out Negan in a big way.

I thought it was a nice wrap to the season. I wasn't surprised at ALL by the betrayal from the Thins, or whatever you're supposed to call them. They've lost their humanity, and we've seen in other groups that lost their humanity that you just can't trust 'em.

And if I may say....as IF we would believe that Michonne would have been killed so unceremoniously. It's the same crap the writers tried to pull earlier with Rick at the fair. We aint' stupid. Stop treating us like we are.

I'm still confused as to why we see such few numbers in Alexandria. They just had 2 other communities join them, and it still looks like they're under 100 people. Meanwhile, the Saviors have at least 100 warriors at the Sanctuary, and any number of others at outposts. Are the odds that stacked against them?

I fracking LOVED Rick's speech to Negan as he's about to whack his son. That took some serious balls, and clearly there's no going back after that. I can't wait to see next season, but I'm sure it will be ridiculously drawn out like this season was.

Oh, and Eugene brings the sex.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 10:55 PM   #1326
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Knew that bowl haircut beeyotch was a turncoat. I thought/hoped Rick would have been tipped off by Dwight though.

Speaking of which, that figurine Daryl found at the end that had "didn't know" written on it, I assume that was left by Dwight? To let them know he's still a mole for them, just didn't know the trash bag dipsticks were in bed with Negan?
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #1327
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyways, I hope they don't drag this out and just have the war take part and conclude in the season opener. I imagine they'll drag it out though for most or all of the first half of next season.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:10 PM   #1328
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Anyways, I hope they don't drag this out and just have the war take part and conclude in the season opener. I imagine they'll drag it out though for most or all of the first half of next season.
A real war has many battles, so I think they should drag it out a little. Not for half a season but 3-4 episodes would suffice.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:31 PM   #1329
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What happened with the whole Dwight thing anyway?

He was back at the Sanctuary business as usual at the end. Is he still playing for team Alexandria or what.. weird that he didn't really do anything after the whole prison cell thing where he appeared to have that whole intricate plan. Just chopped down a few trees and pretended it was someone else.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:33 PM   #1330
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
A real war has many battles, so I think they should drag it out a little. Not for half a season but 3-4 episodes would suffice.
Lol really?
You know that season 7's aftermath is going to comprise all of season 8.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #1331
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everything after the tiger attack was terrible television.

The whole attack part was just brutal.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:56 PM   #1332
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

That whole episode was pretty terrible. I don't like all the whining and complaining in this thread, but this was so not worth the wait. Especially knowing that the 'war' is going to take pretty much all of next season. Unfortunate.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2017, 12:02 AM   #1333
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Lol really?
You know that season 7's aftermath is going to comprise all of season 8.
We don't know that at all. At the end of last season I'm sure you expected fighting throughout all of this season too.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:04 AM   #1334
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
What happened with the whole Dwight thing anyway?

He was back at the Sanctuary business as usual at the end. Is he still playing for team Alexandria or what.. weird that he didn't really do anything after the whole prison cell thing where he appeared to have that whole intricate plan. Just chopped down a few trees and pretended it was someone else.
Dwight let a figurine saying he didn't know, so I'm sure his hatred for Negan will emerge next season.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:15 AM   #1335
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally I thought that was a pretty fun way to end the season. Rick's big "eff you" speech to Negan was pretty great, and I actually got a kick out of the tiger/attack scene and the cavalry rolling in to kick some arse. Sure, some of it was predictable like Michonne's fake-out death (Christ, that was lame). And I knew all along that the junkyard people were gonna turn out to be a bunch of traitorous d-bags. But overall that was pretty enjoyable.

Even with the additions of Hilltop and the Kingdom, Rick's gang still seems like they're way out-numbered. I suppose next season they're gonna have to find another new group to join the cause, since Oceanside are a bunch of wimps and the Junkyard gang are a--holes.

Last edited by direwolf; 04-03-2017 at 01:19 AM.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:43 AM   #1336
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The fighting scenes are not very coherent. Carl and another guy were shooting people, kicking butt and taking names it looked like, then it cuts away to Rick briefly, cuts back and suddenly he's captured without a gun on his knees, and they're all somewhere else entirely.

At least show us what happened to get there. Things jump around a lot and it doesn't make a lot of sense. Also with how the saviours managed to outrun everyone with guns charging at them to the gates again and take off by the time they got up top to look. And you mean to tell me that nobody running at these unsuspecting saviours didn't specifically target Negan? Pfft. Well alright.

Everything unfolds pretty conveniently without much explanation. Maybe could use more scenes without cutting away showing some battle choreography that tell the viewer how things are unfolding more clearly rather than 5 scenes of Sasha laying in the casket.
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #1337
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess the finale was OK. Rick looking strong in that scene was great. Sasha turning zombie was effective.

But this is not a big Hollywood production a la Saving Private Ryan and so the large battle scenes fall flat to me. They look cheesy and not convincing at all. I would rather they stay away from that and keep things on a smaller scale.

I Know this is a network show and they are looking to keep the ad money rolling in but looking at this season, there as simply not enough content to fill all the episodes. You can routinely tune out for extended periods of times during an episode and miss little. I really don't believe that has always been the case with the show, maybe some seasons.

Another thing I liked about this episode. I went from not caring about the garbage pail crew to looking forward to their leader getting offed. I dislike her much more than Negan now. Also, the voice over from Negan when Sasha attacked him was hysterical in a good way.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #1338
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

double post

Last edited by Strange Brew; 04-03-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:06 AM   #1339
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

After the roller coaster type pacing this season, it was nice for them to end on a bit of a high. However, I agree with some of the other criticisms of the episode being disjointed and predictable. No one was fooled by the Michonne fake death, everyone pretty well expected the "concepts-of-language-broke-down-for-us-in-the-time-it-took-us-to-build-a-garbage-lot-fort" gang would turn-trench-coat, and the Sasha surprise was given away in the first scene of the episode.

Fight scenes are definitely confusing and incredibly rushed. I get they have a limited budget, but perhaps they need to sit down and re-evaluate where they should be putting that budget. CGI Shiva finally paid off, so that was good...no wait, AWESOME. I've been waiting all season for the tiger to chow down on some Saviours.

That said, do they really need to be investing in the ultra-diddled-up walkers at this point? Don't get me wrong, whenever we see a unique walker it is pretty cool, but they are no more than a plot point at this stage. Pull some of that budget out of make-up and effects and apply it to a half-decent fight scene for the major part of the show. Write out the CGI deer and you have what I assume was $83.50 back. Spend your money wiser and the more important/relevant parts of the show might look and feel a lot better.

All-in-all a plot moving episode that sets up a drawn out war for season 8, but apart from the Hilltop and Kingdom riding in, saving the day, and making me do a fist-pump at the tiger leap, there was nothing there that really got me out of my seat. Of course Rick going badass was a great scene, too.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #1340
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

The Sasha flashbacks really cut into the pace of the episode. Build up a bunch of tension....then let it out with a flashback to her and Abraham that you don't care about.

Not to mention that if you hadn't figured Sasha + pill out already having a flashback in Walking Dead is a surefire sign that you're going to die.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote