Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-23-2017, 04:16 PM   #1
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default P90x3

I'm thinking of starting this program on Monday. Anyone try it? If so, did you like it? What type of results did you get? Stronger? Leaner? Both?

How does it compare to P90X or P90X2?

I know P90X3 is only 30 minutes and that appeals to me as I can do this at the gym during my lunch break

Just want some feedback from anyone that has done the program.

Thanks!
albertGQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #2
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i've done both p90x and p90x3

did i like it - yes i did.

results - i got waaaaay better results with p90x. both with strength and slimming down.

when i last had time for working out (hoping to start again really soon) i used p90x to whip me into shape and then used p90x3 to maintain

i also subbed a number of the p90x3 workouts into p90x (the plyo/cardio/yoga/mmx stuff)

overall i really enjoy both workouts
Old 03-24-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always wondered if anyone ever got decent and long lasting results. Or is it another BeachBody?

Last edited by Ironhorse; 03-24-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #4
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
i've done both p90x and p90x3

did i like it - yes i did.

results - i got waaaaay better results with p90x. both with strength and slimming down.

when i last had time for working out (hoping to start again really soon) i used p90x to whip me into shape and then used p90x3 to maintain

i also subbed a number of the p90x3 workouts into p90x (the plyo/cardio/yoga/mmx stuff)

overall i really enjoy both workouts
Thanks for the info. I actually started it today. I did Total Synergistics. So far so good. It wasn't too hard so it was a nice slow start. Will be doing Agility X on Monday.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
I've always wondered if anyone ever got decent and long lasting results. Or is it another BeachBody?

Any diet and fitness program will give you long lasting results if you stick with it. As soon as you stop any program the results will start to disappear especially when you go back to eating like #### and sit kn the couch watching tv.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 12:02 PM   #6
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thought this was a thread about guitars with three P90 pickups. Leaving disappointed.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #7
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

FWIW, I've done the 'lighter' version of this, Insanity.

First time I lost 20 pounds in 3.5 weeks (205 to 185)

Second time I lost 10 pounds in 2.5 weeks (200 to 190)

Both times helped me drastically improve my cardio. I only did them for 2-3 week stints to fill the gap between summer/winter or winter/summer hockey.

I've wanted to try P90x, for the strength training aspect. Just too much on my plate to commit
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #8
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
FWIW, I've done the 'lighter' version of this, Insanity.

First time I lost 20 pounds in 3.5 weeks (205 to 185)

Second time I lost 10 pounds in 2.5 weeks (200 to 190)

Both times helped me drastically improve my cardio. I only did them for 2-3 week stints to fill the gap between summer/winter or winter/summer hockey.

I've wanted to try P90x, for the strength training aspect. Just too much on my plate to commit
Oh wow. That is a lot of weight in such a short time fram. You must've followed the nutrition guide pretty well hey?

I haven't done Insanity yet but I've done Insanity Max :30 twice. And it wasn't "lighter" at all. That is a tough program. Not sure how much weight I lost on that but I did lose 25 pounds from July to February doing a handful of the workout programs.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #9
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Oh wow. That is a lot of weight in such a short time fram. You must've followed the nutrition guide pretty well hey?

I haven't done Insanity yet but I've done Insanity Max :30 twice. And it wasn't "lighter" at all. That is a tough program. Not sure how much weight I lost on that but I did lose 25 pounds from July to February doing a handful of the workout programs.
Oh god no. I didn't follow any nutrition guide at all. Just portion controlling, which I still do. Space out my meals and ate 4 times a day instead of 2.5. Honestly, I love my food and eating too much to give any of it up.

I just heard P90x is more intense. haha. I still found Insanity to still be a really good workout. Plyometrics and interval training are what I grew up doing playing soccer and hockey, so it was right up my alley.

I have a pretty reactive metabolism that increases quite a bit when I get on a physical exercise regiment. I maintain my 195/200 and dad bod now by chasing my kid around daily, and by playing hockey once a week and chasing that down with 2 double cheeseburgers and a booster juice after. Ok, i lied . It's usually a milkshake.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #10
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Thought this was a thread about guitars with three P90 pickups. Leaving disappointed.

Happy to help you out there

rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #11
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten42 View Post
Happy to help you out there

Not only are those mini humbuckers and not P90s but there are only 2 of them on that guitar.