Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #721
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
The switch looks interesting but is there any good games out other than Zelda?
There's some decent smaller scale titles on the eShop.

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove: 90 average

Fast RMX: 80 average

Snipperclips: 80 average

Blaster Master Zero: 79 average

World of Goo is a critically acclaimed puzzle game that just got ported over, if you haven't played it.

The next big retail games are end of April though -- I have Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe both pre-ordered.

I'll probably still be playing Zelda til mid-April anyways, and Nintendo is due to drop release dates for Arms and Splatoon 2 soon. There's good games coming.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 04:35 PM   #722
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
There's some decent smaller scale titles on the eShop.

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove: 90 average

Fast RMX: 80 average

Snipperclips: 80 average

Blaster Master Zero: 79 average

World of Goo is a critically acclaimed puzzle game that just got ported over, if you haven't played it.

The next big retail games are end of April though -- I have Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe both pre-ordered.

I'll probably still be playing Zelda til mid-April anyways, and Nintendo is due to drop release dates for Arms and Splatoon 2 soon. There's good games coming.
I have a ton of Zelda games that I haven't even played yet so I wouldn't call myself a huge Zelda fan or anything but that game is awesome and in my opinion worth getting the Switch pretty much for it alone. And some very good titles are being produced right now and likely many more with the success of it so far.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #723
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Not sure if I mentioned this, hunt all the moose and wolves and hairy rhino things when in the cold areas. The two kinds of raw meat you get, cook 3 of them with 2 apples or mushrooms or something else plentiful, and you can sell them for either 150 or 310 each!

I make a lot of money that way without having to actually grind for money. Though I might try for the 10,000 for the 4th armor upgrades.. either the snow bowling, or there's a climbing challenge that's apparently pretty time efficient and maybe less unpredictable than the snow bowling (haven't tried it yet).
Old 03-24-2017, 05:08 PM   #724
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Not sure if I mentioned this, hunt all the moose and wolves and hairy rhino things when in the cold areas. The two kinds of raw meat you get, cook 3 of them with 2 apples or mushrooms or something else plentiful, and you can sell them for either 150 or 310 each!

I make a lot of money that way without having to actually grind for money. Though I might try for the 10,000 for the 4th armor upgrades.. either the snow bowling, or there's a climbing challenge that's apparently pretty time efficient and maybe less unpredictable than the snow bowling (haven't tried it yet).
Is there a way to see what's required for the armor upgrades without having it? When I go to the Great Fairies, if I don't have enough stuff to upgrade, they just say "Oh I can't enhance anything" and they go away. It would be helpful to be able to look at the list and see what I need.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:11 PM   #725
photon

Exp:

Yeah I think once I called them back after they left and they talked to me so I could see what I needed.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:19 PM   #726
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Is there a way to see what's required for the armor upgrades without having it? When I go to the Great Fairies, if I don't have enough stuff to upgrade, they just say "Oh I can't enhance anything" and they go away. It would be helpful to be able to look at the list and see what I need.
Talk to them again and they'll offer to take a look at what you have anyway.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:23 PM   #727
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
BestBuy had switches online at 3PM. 2 minutes and gone.

Edit: The bundle is available right now
Probably someone returned the unit..... Nothing available from my understanding...

dang Nintendo
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #728
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've been pretty much exclusively playing handheld, but decided I'd play some on the TV tonight. Realized I have the left joy on de-sync issue

Guess I'll have to call Nintendo and not be able to play for however long a repair takes
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:15 PM   #729
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pro controller?
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:02 AM   #730
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was looking at getting a pro controller but couldn't find one. I actually like the feel of the joycons in the controller so im thinking I might buy another set of joycons, ill want them for some 4 player Mario Kart anyways

I read some reports that joycons from amazon are updated versions that don't have the issue, so I'm thinking I might risk it

Worst case Ontario I play with the 2 new ones, get get my current one fixed, and if the new one has an issue ill send it in after
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:39 PM   #731
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had no plans to buy a switch but I was tempted to try and get one during the restock on bestbuy.ca on Friday. Fairly easily I got a normal version before they sold out in 2 minutes and then I saw the bundle and some reason bought that also. Afterwards I thought I don't need one at all and tried to cancel the orders but apparently they shipped it within 10 minutes because I was unable to cancel. Now I'm thinking about keeping the bundle when they arrive on Tuesday.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #732
photon

Exp:

Ugh, I think I hate Koroks. I've wasted a lot of arrows shooting them in the face, and I really like to drop rocks on them now. I tried to crush one with a boulder but they're made of some kind of rubber apparently. 45 pieces of Korok poop to get my next weapon slot.

5 shrines left, but I found out one is in the castle so not sure if I can get them all before I go to finish the game.

I also cooked all the meat I got during hunting for shrines and Korok poop and got the 10,000 easy for the shrine upgrade so I did it. Ancient cores and meteorite pieces for the last level of Ancient Armor upgrades! Fortunately I actually had enough, boosts the armor up to like 84 for the set. Set bonuses don't seem to increase with the level so I might just leave the rest of the sets, I can switch armor easy enough when getting into a fight.

Some of the upgrades want a Lynel horn, with better armor maybe I should try taking one one, though last time it didn't go well. I think one has to be able to parry and dodge really well for those.

Found a great way to farm arrows. Find a group of bokoblins riding on horses, preferably low level ones with only bows (or take out any ones without bows), then just let them ride around you and shoot at you while you run around to dodge. Do it in a grassy area and they stick in the ground, you can just hit A to pick them up.

It's a bit hit and miss, sometimes the arrows will stop persisting almost right away, and sometimes they'll stop after a while.. if I let myself get hit once then it seems to work again. And sometimes it just goes on forever. I managed to get 3 circling me and it wasn't long before I had 150 arrows.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:59 PM   #733
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Some of the upgrades want a Lynel horn, with better armor maybe I should try taking one one, though last time it didn't go well. I think one has to be able to parry and dodge really well for those.
Some Lynel tips if you want them:
Spoiler!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #734
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Finally took down my first dungeon and the game is really starting to grow on me.

I decided to finish off Horizon before really jumping into Zelda, and found the transition very difficult.

BOTW is really starting to click now, and I'm excited to keep playing

Quick question about Dungeon order:
Spoiler!
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #735
photon

Exp:

Looks like I'm not the only one.

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #736
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Finally took down my first dungeon and the game is really starting to grow on me.

I decided to finish off Horizon before really jumping into Zelda, and found the transition very difficult.

BOTW is really starting to click now, and I'm excited to keep playing

Quick question about Dungeon order:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Jbo
Old 03-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #737
photon

Exp:

Yeah agree, I'd leave that one for last.

Killed a few Lynels, man the fully upgraded Ancient Armor sure makes things easier, can make some mistakes without dying. They drop some pretty good weapons too! Will have to track down the Silver Lynel to see what weapons it drops.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #738
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Oh, my turn for a question!

Spoiler!
Old 03-26-2017, 09:34 PM   #739
photon

Exp:

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 12:00 PM   #740
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no idea how you guys have made it so far. I'm working on my second beast, and I play an hour or 2 a day. I just don't have the time to play 6 hours a day like back in University! I've done about 30 shrines and rarely fast travel. I haven't really been in a rush, I just pick a point and start walking, doing any shrine on the way.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote