Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2016, 09:11 AM   #281
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

photon's post in Rogue One made me think of this thread.. I think the fact this thread hasn't been bumped since October speaks to how boring some of the latest filler episodes have been. But the last two really picked it up, Agent Kallus being revealed as Folcrom and now the Jedi and Darth Maul on the scent of a planet with twin suns where Obi-Wan resides. And on top of all that the Rebellion is planning an attack on the Imperial Base on Lothal. Should be a very interesting season from here on out.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:14 AM   #282
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So we've come to the I guess midpoint and Rebels has gone on hiatus til the new year, but this season has been pretty interesting but a bit of a slow build.

We haven't seen Super Admiral Thrawn yet, he's been sitting back and giving the Rebels minor victories. However we did see him at the Imperial Weapons Factory on Lothal where the Empire is developing a new shielded Star Fighter that's familiar to any fans of the XWing and Tie Fighter games

Spoiler!

Also Thrawn knows that there's a leak in his command and the way that he's trying to corner Fulcrum is interesting
Spoiler!

Also Ezra and Maul went off to try to combine their visions and it leads to the same place a planet with two suns. Maul is still obsessed with
Spoiler!
Ezra is looking for a weapon to destroy the Sith
Spoiler!
So it seems like we're going to get a least a
Spoiler!
episode. Also we're supposed to expect a
Spoiler!
appearance but the character will be different

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:14 AM   #283
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm patiently waiting for the breakdown of this episode, as we learned more about what Maul & Ezra saw in the holocron.

haha - ok that was fast enough!

Last edited by rayne008; 12-13-2016 at 09:15 AM. Reason: more
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rayne008 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #284
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw Gerrera is coming to Rebels... Voiced by Forest Whitaker.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #285
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Awesome, glad they decided to go that route to link it to the movie. The back story on him will be really cool to see.

They have just done an awesome job meshing Rebels with the movies within the timeline will maintaining the importance of what these characters are doing on their own.

How many seasons is it set to run for total? Is there a number or just as many as they can get away with?

Edit: Google tells me that Rebels was originally slated for 3 seasons but looks like it garnered a fourth, after that they plan to start a new animated series that will be set during the Episode VII-IX timeline. This is all speculation though and I imagine Disney won't be in a hurry to pull the plug if it is getting good ratings.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-20-2016 at 11:11 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #286
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
This is all speculation though and I imagine Disney won't be in a hurry to pull the plug if it is getting good ratings.
Disney is notorious for killing series that do well for them after very short runs.

That being said though, if the writers had an arc for an entire series that they saw to completion, but then get the "Well... why not write one more season for us?" The shows rarely remain good.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #287
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They really killed TCW about a season too early with lots of questions around Order 66 and Anakin and Ashoka. The final season was a mismash with one excellent storyline around the clones and their bio circuits.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #288
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

####'s about to get real...

Old 01-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #289
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Gaah the ending of that looked awesome.

I would expect that Maul is going to meet his end this year.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #290
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #291
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm hoping that when Crazy old Ben and Crazy old Maul fight that they change Obi's fighting style to resemble his fight against Vader on the Death Star.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #292
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Old 01-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #293
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

How exactly is this still a kids show?
Old 01-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #294
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm hoping that when Crazy old Ben and Crazy old Maul fight that they change Obi's fighting style to resemble his fight against Vader on the Death Star.
Or, I was thinking that the fight with Maul will take so much out of him that he doesn't have much left when he takes on Vader.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:07 PM   #295
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Or, I was thinking that the fight with Maul will take so much out of him that he doesn't have much left when he takes on Vader.

That would be a good theory as well.

But after seeing the speed and ferociousness of Vader in Rogue one, its hard to explain why he became so much more deliberate in the fight against Obi-Wan

There's also a part of me that felt that as much as Ben talked to Luke about Anakin being more machine then man, that when he smiled at Vader and gave up the fight that he was hoping in some small part that his friend could still be redeemed.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #296
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm hoping Ben's duel in Rebels is similar to ROTS, which would be still very skilled and strategic. (Which the screen capture from the Rebels preview above would lean towards, with the Obi-wan / General Grevious battle pose)

I've always thought that Ben was resigned the moment he knew Vader was on the death star that he would not be leaving, and the duel itself was basically for show. Ben's mission, aside from giving the Falcon a window for escape, was to confront Vader to see if there was any good left, as well as showing Vader how much more the was to the force with Ben's death / transition to the force.

Hokey I know.
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:39 PM   #297
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The second half of the season started tonight with a two part episode that actually brings together the Prequel Trilogy, the Clone Wars series and Rogue one.

Spoilers ahead for those that want to read

Spoiler!

Old 01-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #298
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I had some thoughts on the connection between Rogue one and Rebels.

We know in season one that the series started about 5 years before the battle of Yavin we are now in season 3.

We've also seen hints of the Death Star in rebels especially in the last episode where the Geonosian survivor of the Empires genocide of that planet kept drawing a circle within a circle when asked what the Empire was doing there.

Its pretty clear that there are maybe two major storylines that they are going to explore in Rebels.

1) The fate of the Jedi. We know that by the time ANH comes around that the Empire is pretty well convinced that the Jedi are gone. We've also seen though that the remaining Jedi in Obi-Wan and Yoda are content not to bring the Jedi back and remain in hiding. We also know that Rebels has one Jedi and one apprentice. We know also that there's going to be a confrontation between Maul and Obi-Wan on Tatooine and that Ezra also is being drawn to that world.

So Fate of the Jedi theory one. Maul and Obi-wan have their confrontation which leads to the death of Maul. I believe that Ezra and Kanan will probably run into Obi-Wan as they search for the new hope that will arise as per Obi's message on the holocron. At that point, Obi-Wan will probably crap on them and tell them to step away from galactic events and go into hiding and that they're putting everything that he and Yoda are hoping for in the Skywalker children at jeopardy.

So does this scenario make it easier to believe that maybe the ultimate fate of Kanan and Ezra is that they put down their light sabres at some point and step away from the rebellion and go into hiding as originally ordered by the Jedi temple transceiver?

Another theory could be that there is a tragic event, the show seems to indicate that Ezra is moving down the path to the darkside, will he be pushed this way when the Empire eventually catches up to them and one ends up dead and the other one leaves the fight behind and goes into exile?

I've jokingly said that I have a theory that Ezra is Snoke, but I don't really think that Disney would allow a popular character in a animated series to become the genocidal leader of the First Order. But I believe that tragedy is going to befall our two Jedi possibly before the end of this year. Or next year they will bring Vader back with the sole job of finishing order 66.

2) We also know that the crew of the ghost is now on the trail of the Empires super secret project. Combine that with Saw showing up, and I tend to think its likely that one of the big events that starts the Rogue one mission is the crew of the Ghost tracking down the Death Star and seeing it first hand.

We also know that they're involved in the events of Rogue one as we hear Hera's name paged and we see Chopper in the background. However we don't see Sabine or Zeb or Ezra or Kanan in that movie. Sabine would have been easy to do as she wears armor.

Ok, so you're saying so what.

But this all comes together nicely to a final episode in season 5 which will probably bring Rebels right to the events of the Rogue one battle.

So here's my time lines

This year

Ezra and Kanan are warned off by Obi-Wan but they ignore his advice and continue to fight for the Rebellion and draw more and more attention to themselves because they are Jedi, that's why we're seeing Thrawn.

Vader returns at some point as early at the end of the season. He fights Kanan and Ezra and Kanan finally dies. Ezra in a rage falls to the darkside but fails to kill Vader. He goes on a crusade against the Empire doing more damage then good in his thirst for revenge.

Ezra stumbles onto the project that the Ghost is investigating as well. He knows the odds are against him, and somehow Sabine, Hera, Chopper and Zeb bring him back to the light side. He announces that he can't stay in the fight because he'll fall again. Ezra exits midway through next year.

Hera, Sabine and Zeb and Chopper continue to gather info about the Death Star as Thrawn becomes more and more dangerous. I think Zeb dies because there's not much of a story line left for him, maybe he tries to save Kallus when Thrawn tries to execute him for treason and dies a hero.

So in the last episode we see the battle that we saw in Rogue one from the Ghosts perspective with Hera, Sabine and Chopper as the sole survivors on the Ghost. They do a bunch of heroic stuff, but in the end after the battle, Hera crushed by loss decides that she's had enough and decides to just become a smuggler. Sabine goes back to Mandalore to lead her clan.

Then we have a prologue at the end of the episode where we zoom into Lothal into a abandoned comm tower and into the top room where we first found Ezra. He hears the news of the destruction of the Death Star and looks at his lightsaber hanging on the wall and smiles.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #299
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I think that as long as there is a Rebels show Ezra will be in it, he is the star that the kids identify with. Kanaan will die at the end of the second last season, then the last season will be Ezra fighting the lure of the dark side and his anger to do what he knows is right and honor Kanaan's memory through one final sacrifice that aids the Rebellion. Not sure what it will be, but I do like the idea of the Ghost crew being responsible for even knowing a Death Star exists/is being built. I think the last episode was a good indication that will happen. This is Disney though and it is on XD, it will be a happy ending. There will be loss, for sure, but the overall take home will be positive.

I just wish we knew how much time we had left, it would be easier to predict events if there was a timeline on seasons. Each season doesn't necessarily have to represent a year, they could slow it down. But right now we are what, probably a year or two before Rogue One? As much as I am enjoying the show I almost hope it doesn't go to long and get stale.. I'd say 5 seasons is the max they should aim for.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 01-09-2017 at 07:56 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #300
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Watched the two newest episodes last night and loved them. Then I just saw this trailer and wow! I really hope that they can stick to the story-line from here on out, the number of one off episodes is my only complaint with Rebels. I'd much rather now that they stick to the events we see coming, even with a very slow build up then to have more of the one offs that don't really advance anything.