Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #2301
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

This is the kind of stuff this moron should not be tweeting. Crikes, he really needs a filter.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Iran is rapidly taking over more and more of Iraq even after the U.S. has squandered three trillion dollars there. Obvious long ago!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #2302
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

2017 will be the year that wars are started because of a Tweet.

Last edited by Looch City; 02-01-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:23 PM   #2303
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Link doesn't deliver, not nearly 'riot'y enough.

When I click a link and it says in the description "riot" and anywhere in California, my expectations go through the roof.
I had to turn it off, particularly the sound, the music was brutal. I did see a guy get sucker punched and KO'd though. That more than enough for me.

Anyway, it can be both a protest of what the guy stands for and a repudiation of free speech. These idiots, through violence and throwing rocks at cops and lighting fires, got a political speaking event cancelled. It doesn't matter what the content is, that's anti-free speech by definition. It's also just stupid and counterproductive. There is no exemption from free speech for hate speech in the USA. In Canada, different story, though.

But more importantly, this is exactly what a guy like this feeds off of. If not for stuff like this he'd be totally irrelevant. Now he's going to end up doing news shows all week. Why people feel the need to put money in his pocket I do not understand.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2017, 08:29 PM   #2304
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
This is the kind of stuff this moron should not be tweeting. Crikes, he really needs a filter.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Iran is rapidly taking over more and more of Iraq even after the U.S. has squandered three trillion dollars there. Obvious long ago!
Given the makeup of Trump's cabinet and inner circle, war with Iran seems almost a given. Only question would be how will they fake evidence to try and get the American people behind it. Problem for them is Iraq is still waaaay too fresh in most people's minds.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:34 PM   #2305
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

^Iran is doing their part to help with the missile launch. Failed or not, they have been given notice.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:49 PM   #2306
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

I thought Trump's military tactic was all about surprise and not giving them prior notice?
Old 02-01-2017, 08:50 PM   #2307
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
I thought Trump's military tactic was all about surprise and not giving them prior notice?
It is. While everyone is focused on Iran the American public will never see it coming.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #2308
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too easy

Quote:
Jim AcostaVerified account ‏@Acosta 1h1 hour ago
Source familiar with Trump foreign leader calls says the POTUS convos are turning faces "white" inside the WH.
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/826981608817324034
Old 02-01-2017, 08:53 PM   #2309
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Arent all the faces in the WH now white anyways?

Except for that one orange one, I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #2310
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Donald J. Trump‏@realDonaldTrump
Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

A 7 year having a temper tantrum trapped in the body of a 70 year old. 4 more years.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #2311
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Donald J. Trump‏@realDonaldTrump
Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

A 7 year having a temper tantrum trapped in the body of a 70 year old. 4 more years.
The 4 years thing really bothers me. Every time I read it. It's gotta be less. Way less. Please be way less?
The Following User Says Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #2312
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Amendment 25, anyone?
Old 02-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #2313
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

The stupid thing about that tweet is that they aren't illegal immigrants, they're refugees.

He either doesn't know or doesn't care. Probably the latter, but who knows.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:03 PM   #2314
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't think he cares. I know he isn't stupid, but diplomatically, his IQ is shat!
Old 02-01-2017, 09:05 PM   #2315
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Watch for whatever the actual awful thing they try to slip past everyone is while attention is on this Australia business.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #2316
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Okay we need some laughs, too. This was pretty good.

Quote:
Christian Schneider ‏@Schneider_CM
Trump not making any predictions on the Super Bowl until he sees if Frederick Douglass is healthy enough to play
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #2317
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Reddit shuts down Alt-Right.

https://www.cnet.com/news/reddit-ban...ght-subreddit/
Old 02-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #2318
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keep trollin, trollin, trollin

Quote:
Brian Stelter ‏@brianstelter 3h3 hours ago
Trump averaged 33 million viewers across 8 channels. (Obama's first prime time event as prez averaged 49 million)
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/sta...68472160784384
Old 02-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #2319
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Watch for whatever the actual awful thing they try to slip past everyone is while attention is on this Australia business.
His buddy Putin is making moves in the Ukraine right now.
Wonder if he will comment on that.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #2320
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

The Pentagon directed queries about the officials' characterization of the raid to U.S. Central Command. The latter pointed only to its statement on Wednesday.

The U.S. officials said the extremists’ base had been identified as a target before the Obama administration left office on Jan. 20, but then-President Barack Obama held off approving a raid ahead of his departure.

A White House official said the operation was thoroughly vetted by the previous administration and that the previous defense secretary had signed off on it in January. The raid was delayed for operational reasons, the White House official said.

The military officials who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity said "a brutal firefight" took the lives of Owens and at least 15 Yemeni women and children. One of the dead was the 8-year-old daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki, a militant killed by a 2011 U.S. drone strike.

Some of the women were firing at the U.S. force, Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis told reporters.

INTELLIGENCE GATHERED

The American elite forces did not seize any militants or take any prisoners offsite, but White House spokesman Sean Spicer said on Wednesday the raid yielded benefits.

"Knowing that we killed an estimated 14 AQAP members and that we gathered an unbelievable amount of intelligence that will prevent the potential deaths or attacks on American soil – is something that I think most service members understand, that that’s why they joined the service,” Spicer said.

A senior leader in Yemen's al Qaeda branch, Abdulraoof al-Dhahab, and other militants, were killed in the gunbattle, al Qaeda said.

One of the three U.S. officials said on-the-ground surveillance of the compound was “minimal, at best.”

“The decision was made ... to leave it to the incoming administration, partly in the hope that more and better intelligence could be collected,” that official said.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15G5RX

How awful must it feel to be a service member and have this information trickle down to you.
Closed Thread

Tags
making snl great again , soviet murica? , trade wars , trumpcare = doa , utterly insane pressers