Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #21
Dorkmaster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Little bit nervous that plan B might be to go after Brad Richards. O'Reilly was interesting because at least he was a young center with good two way upside. Richards would scare the bejeebus out of me.
Dorkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I don't think ROR was a "desperation" or "win now" move in the slightest. Rather, I'm fairly confident that it would have been a precursor to what we'll see in the next few weeks anyway: many of our players moved out for picks or young assets. ROR would've simply set us a little ahead in addressing our team needs.

We are going to be sellers. I do not know if that means Kipper and Iggy, but I'm guessing every other veteran player is on the block in some way.

I doubt we see anyone moved for "win now" parts this season. Young assets and picks. Heck, if we can pry Couturier away from Philly, we'll be really far along in a rebuild immediately!
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #23
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

I could definitely see feaster mortgaging our future for krejci. Including gaudreau in the trade. Boston college kid that Boston is very interested in, and feaster has shown he's willing to make a big move for that first line center. You heard it here first
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
Sakari
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This team will never see the bottom of the standings under Feaster. That being said, if he makes a few brilliant moves, we could slide our way into the playoffs.
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sakari For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #25
$ven27
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If i see a 1st for Briere type of deal i might just lose it.
$ven27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #26
Burn13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

We'll be trading down in the draft again book it, our 1st for a late 1st and that oh so coveted 2nd we miss so dearly. Hence adding 2 more 5 year player projects to the cupboard...for eventual contract release in 2018.
Burn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burn13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #27
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

he doesn't do anything just like last time he promised change was coming and nothing happened maybe a player resigning i'm thinking comeau? Don't mean to be a negative nelly just have never been so down on this team the last 24 hours have been kinda a kick to the nuts
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #28
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
I could definitely see feaster mortgaging our future for krejci. Including gaudreau in the trade. Boston college kid that Boston is very interested in, and feaster has shown he's willing to make a big move for that first line center. You heard it here first
I don't really understand posts like this. Feaster has never mortgaged the future in any of his movies. He said specifically in his interview on SN last night that if he makes a trade, he can't mortgage the future

Nobody is higher on Gaudreau than Feaster and Weisbrod. It would take unbelievable overpayment for somebody to land Gaudreau from the Flames. Management knows the fans are excited about him, they're excited about him.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #29
EddyBeers
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

2013 First round pick, 2013 3rd round pick and Culkin for Erik Cole and a 2013 5th round pick

2014 1st round pick and Gaudreau for Krejci

Sign Arnott

2015 1st round pick, Cammy and Wotherspoon for Brad Richards

That gives us size and help down the middle, should be enough if done at the deadline to have us compete for a playoff spot this year.
EddyBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #30
bluloc
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

We need to rebuild 1 or 2 players won't help the team. Tired of the lack luste effort and roller coaster ride
bluloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #31
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
There's no way we're getting Krejci. I don't think we could pry him from Boston even if we "mortgaged our future." Iggy, Baertschi and a 1st probably isn't enough to get him...

Generally, you have to trade a young, impact player to get a young, impact player in return. Krejci's value is about the same as that of Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. Flames can't even put together a package like that.

Last edited by Geeoff; 03-01-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
Trade deadline is one month away, if the team continues to slide, the "core" will be moved, no question.
That's adorable.

I see Feaster continue to try and "improve" the team. He has already shown he's willing to have zero picks in the first 3 rounds.

Wake me up in a decade when this franchise accidently stumbles their way to success again.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #33
North East Goon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I am hoping his next move is packing up his office and saying his goodbye's to the media.
North East Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to North East Goon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I sure hope there aren't any desperation trades made in hopes of making the playoffs this yeay. Most Flames fans have already accepted the team will miss the playoffs for the 4th straight year so it's not like they have to do irrational moves to please the masses. I would hope that logic prevails and they hold tight until near the deadline and start collecting draft picks and assets. Draft weekend is the best weekend of the year to improve your team and it's time this team started to use draft weekend for its intention of bringing solid youth into the organization rather than ammunition for trades.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #35
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Big game hunting
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #36
North East Goon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Big game hunting
with his Daisy BB gun of a line-up.
North East Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #37
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

There will be a desperation trade, we'll land a 30-32 year old center and it'll cost us our 1st round draft pick +, and we'll miss the playoffs.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #38
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I don't really understand posts like this. Feaster has never mortgaged the future in any of his movies. He said specifically in his interview on SN last night that if he makes a trade, he can't mortgage the future

Nobody is higher on Gaudreau than Feaster and Weisbrod. It would take unbelievable overpayment for somebody to land Gaudreau from the Flames. Management knows the fans are excited about him, they're excited about him.
If Calgary would consider moving a potential top 5 pick for o Reilly they'll consider moving gaudreau + for krejci. Krejci is the Odd man out in Boston seeing as Bergeron and Séguin are their top 2 center men. Feasters looking to make an impact NOW. Not in 3 years to see if gaudreau will pan out.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #39
bluloc
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Theres not to much he can do. I'm pretty convinced with next weeks schedule we are going to slide and keep sliding. There needs to be change so sick of watching these guys piss away points night in and night out. With that being said I'm sure Feaster will try another desperation move to try to save his job with his stupid win now mentality.
bluloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #40
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Kipper and Iginla need to retire.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post: