Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2024, 09:45 PM   #81
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Pgs7B3Jz0

10 teams in on Tanev, including one trying to get 'creative.'

Sorry if this was already posted.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 09:53 PM   #82
traptor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Do the Senators have anything interesting that is reasonable for Tanev? I can't imagine they'd trade a 1st
I would take JBD or Branstrom for him.

Seems like they could afford to move one out.

Maybe more so Brannstrom because they already have Sanderson, Chabot and Chychrun that are left shot D.

Last edited by traptor; 02-01-2024 at 10:54 PM.
traptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:06 PM   #83
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Flames reportedly asking for a 1st for Tanev

https://twitter.com/user/status/1752888970000949727
Yeah, I read somewhere that the Canucks weren't too thrilled about losing their 1st round picks 2 years in a row...which makes sense. They may well still depending on how things go between now and the deadline.

I do find it odd to trade Zadorov and Lindholm to a division 'rival' (lets be honest we're not rivaling them in anything at the moment) and then potentially returning Tanev.

Do they want Markstrom too?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:16 PM   #84
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
I think that the Sens have several good pieces, that the Flames would be interested in:

* Ridly Greig, 21, Alberta boy. If the Flames are looking for skill and grit, and more of the element that Pospisil brings then he's their guy.

* Shane Pinto, 23. Great shot, good skater, has size but doesn't use it much(yet?). Middle 6 RW that should take a top 6 role. Already scored 20 goals in the NHL.

* Jacob Bernard-Docker, 23, Alberta boy. I think of him turning into a similar D to Brodie. Smooth skater, decent defensively, he can make some good passes, but won't run a PP. I see a top 4D, and a decent replacement for Tanev in the near future.

* Zach Ostapchuk, 20, Alberta boy. I see him as a potential two way 3rd line C/W that has another gear in the playoffs. He's fast, hard on pucks, and has a physical edge.
I think we discussed Pinto and Greig in another thread recently, but I would LOVE to grab either of them, even if we had to add a pick or B prospect.

I kinda know the situation with Pinto, but wasn't there ill feelings from him towards the Sens, regarding his contract or something?
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2024, 10:23 PM   #85
Braden
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Let hope it's Ottawa that's getting creative
Tanev extended + Canucks 2024 1st
For
Senators 2024 1st

One can dream
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:25 PM   #86
TenaciousC
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Tanev + Flames 1st for Sanderson
TenaciousC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:32 PM   #87
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
I think that the Sens have several good pieces, that the Flames would be interested in:

* Ridly Greig, 21, Alberta boy. If the Flames are looking for skill and grit, and more of the element that Pospisil brings then he's their guy.

* Shane Pinto, 23. Great shot, good skater, has size but doesn't use it much(yet?). Middle 6 RW that should take a top 6 role. Already scored 20 goals in the NHL.

* Jacob Bernard-Docker, 23, Alberta boy. I think of him turning into a similar D to Brodie. Smooth skater, decent defensively, he can make some good passes, but won't run a PP. I see a top 4D, and a decent replacement for Tanev in the near future.

* Zach Ostapchuk, 20, Alberta boy. I see him as a potential two way 3rd line C/W that has another gear in the playoffs. He's fast, hard on pucks, and has a physical edge.

I bet it's not going to be Pinto.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:49 PM   #88
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure why the Senators would want tanev. You would think it would be playoff teams looking to shore up D depth for a run.

Ottawa is pretty much the eastern version of the flames. Maybe worse.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:52 PM   #89
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
I bet it's not going to be Pinto.
Thought Ottawa was having trouble signing Pinto.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:54 PM   #90
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Do the Senators have anything interesting that is reasonable for Tanev? I can't imagine they'd trade a 1st

We might now that we have an extra first to trade with them.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 12:48 AM   #91
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
Thought Ottawa was having trouble signing Pinto.
They already signed him to league min, and he even already played games for them this season, as soon as his suspension was up. Pinto has 2G, 4P, and is +4 in 6GP this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I think we discussed Pinto and Greig in another thread recently, but I would LOVE to grab either of them, even if we had to add a pick or B prospect.

I kinda know the situation with Pinto, but wasn't there ill feelings from him towards the Sens, regarding his contract or something?
Yeah, I would be pretty happy with that package as well.

As far as Pinto, and hard feelings. I remember him having hard feelings before the gambling suspension, because he felt he was low balled based on his production.

After the gambling suspension, the Sens used the situation and he sounded pretty humble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Pinto
It's been a tough couple months here, and I know I've been a distraction towards [the team], so I kind of feel bad about that. I just want to really focus on hockey here and put this all behind me. It was definitely a learning lesson for me, and I just want to make good of it and try to get the trust back from the boys and all the fans.

Last edited by gvitaly; 02-02-2024 at 12:56 AM.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post: