Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #61
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This season was better then last season although it still wasn't as good as either of the first two seasons but that season 4 finale was pretty spectacular!..................season

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #62
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #63
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i find it unfortunate they still have to rely on the mike/harvard issue to drive all their plot.

its weird, the premise of the show had 2 unique angles at first: the harvard secret and mike having a photographic memory. yet after like episode 4, they gave up on the photographic memory and just keep relying on the harvard thing to drive plot...

i love the show, but they sure can be lazy writers.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #64
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see how it's lazy writing, other shows have done far worse. He is practicing law without a license, not sure what else you'd need to drive a plot.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:26 AM   #65
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got caught up. Two seasons in two weeks.

Great finale!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #66
Hugh Jahrmes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Me and the mrs are about 5 eps into season 4.. Started the show about 6-7 weeks ago so we've been watching fairly aggressively (the gf finding it on netflix halfway through earned extra play since that's all we have in the love den). Love the characters, great dialog.. Not looking forward to catching up and becoming a weekly viewer.

Time to avoid this thread until then!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #67
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

They're a little heavy on the "BS" and "G damn" this season so the dialog isn't as sharp as it once once was, but still sharp. Jessica "G damn" Pearson they call her on the Suits subreddit.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #68
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
i find it unfortunate they still have to rely on the mike/harvard issue to drive all their plot.

its weird, the premise of the show had 2 unique angles at first: the harvard secret and mike having a photographic memory. yet after like episode 4, they gave up on the photographic memory and just keep relying on the harvard thing to drive plot...

i love the show, but they sure can be lazy writers.
Why not? He still uses the memory to solve a lot of cases.

There are only few ppl who know about him not being a lawyer (Harvey, Jessica, Donna, Rachel and now this person). He's basically committing a crime and so is the whole law firm.

If you're mad now wait till Rachel's dad finds out he's not a lawyer lol. It's a concept that brought out the good (Harvey) and the bad (this person) out of people. They can use it as long as they want to cause that is the main reason how Mike met all these people.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #69
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back tonight.

Everybody bout to get Litt the F up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2015, 02:46 AM   #70
remember2004
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Back tonight.

Everybody bout to get Litt the F up.
Completely forgot about it! For the people that have seen the first episode what are your thoughts?
remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:41 AM   #71
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Louis was already a cartoon character. Now he's an irredeemable prick of a cartoon character.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #72
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember2004 View Post
Completely forgot about it! For the people that have seen the first episode what are your thoughts?
meh
I feel the show has been getting worse and worse for a long time now. I still watch it, but not with the enthusiasm of before.

I'll be interested to see where they go with the Louis bad guy angle, or if they just fall back into the usual after a couple of episodes.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #73
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post

I'll be interested to see where they go with the Louis bad guy angle, or if they just fall back into the usual after a couple of episodes.
By the way the last episode ended, it will probably be more of the same, except that Litt will have a bit more power, but not with unlimited leverage where he can be a super dick like he was for the first 95% of the episode.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:23 PM   #74
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Why not? He still uses the memory to solve a lot of cases.

There are only few ppl who know about him not being a lawyer (Harvey, Jessica, Donna, Rachel and now this person). He's basically committing a crime and so is the whole law firm.

If you're mad now wait till Rachel's dad finds out he's not a lawyer lol. It's a concept that brought out the good (Harvey) and the bad (this person) out of people. They can use it as long as they want to cause that is the main reason how Mike met all these people.
sorry for not responding. forgot i had posted in here!

the reason i think they need something new is that it essentially becomes a cycle. person x finds out, gotta figure out how to keep them quiet. person y finds out, gotta deal with that now. it just makes the plots formulaic.

and regarding mikes intelligence, i think they have ignored it entirely since season 1. sure, they solve some cases because he is smart, but in the same way that all of the lawyers working there are smart. not specifically because of his unique skill. you mention that the lie is the main reason he knows these people, but really isn't THE reason he knows them the intelligence thing? because had he not impressed harvey when they met, he would have never took a chance on him to begin with.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:18 AM   #75
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just got into suits a few weeks ago and binge watched all 59 episodes in 4 days, loved it. I watched the first one of this series and thought it was horrible though. Luis was awesome before because you wanted to like him even when you couldn't. Now he's just a raving ######bag and honestly about half way through the first episode I was hoping they were going to kill him off and the new story was how they were covering it up.

If the second episode isn't remarkably better then the first I'll probably be done with the show. That was by far the worst of their 60 episodes and didn't give much promise for the future.

Last edited by Dan02; 02-03-2015 at 01:33 AM.
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #76
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Feels like the show has jumped the shark.

Since the show started there was kind of a long term plot that went through the season. E.g. Getting rid of Hardman. The merger with Darby and Harvey's powerplays to get control of the firm. Mike trying to become an investment banker

At this point it seems like the rest of the season is all going to be about how Luis eventually forgives everyone for lying to him.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:04 PM   #77
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought last night wasn't that bad, better than last week, though I'd agree the show's best days are behind it.

But I will be tuning in for season 5, expecting them to get some long term thing brewing by the end of these few episodes here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 02:31 PM   #78
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

It just feels like such a soap opera at times. Ugh, if I have to look at Rachel with her quivering bottom lip one more time I'm shutting it down.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #79
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will watch as long as Sarah Rafferty gets screen time.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #80
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
Will watch as long as Sarah Rafferty gets screen time.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote