Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #461
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

If we move Bennett and 16th overall for a goalie, that goalie better be Carey Price complete with an extension.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #462
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

You, moving Bennett to solve two holes in the top six isn't good. Especially for Murray. I like the player, But injuries are a prevalent issue so early in his career.

Not sure if Schneider is worth that either.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #463
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Zero chance that the Flames would give up (or have to give up) 1st + Bennett for Murray or Schneider.

I could see paying as high as 1st + Gillies

but what Duhatschek and you are suggesting is not going to happen.
I am not suggesting that, did you even read my post. The only thing I said, is that the Flames will trade the first round pick.

I would never make that trade, it was the Fan 960 host and Duhatschek that suggested that not me.
Par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #464
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:
icon57

Shouldn't the trade talk be in the trade forum?

I'm all for Klim Kostin. Weak draft, take a risk.
genetic_phreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #465
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
Shouldn't the trade talk be in the trade forum?

I'm all for Klim Kostin. Weak draft, take a risk.

I think at 16 you still can get a solid prospect without the risk. He may not be an absolute stud but I would take a top 9 forward or top 4 Defenceman over a magic bean

I would be all over Klim Kostin if we had at least one Russian on the team and he had shown an interest in playing in North America..yet neither are true
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #466
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

#16 in 2015 got the Isles Matt Barzal. I know 2017 is a weaker draft and Barzal fell because the B's had three consecutive picks before that, but if we can get anyone close to a Barzal at #16, I'd be a happy camper.

Still hoping for Foote though
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #467
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Why? he is still considered a Flames Prospect.
Technically sure. He is just a forgotten prospect and I just don't see him ever coming over.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #468
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Unless they have easy options to move Fleury. In which case they can demand a huge return for Murray and will only move him for such. If they don't get an incredible offer for Murray then they just move Fleury instead.
But the whole idea was predicated on the Pens electing to keep Fluery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par View Post
I was listening to the Fan 960 yesterday and they had Eric Duhatschek on and they were talking about the goalie situations for Calgary and Eric Duhatschek said that the Pens may keep Fleury and trade Murray
If they keep Fluery then they have to protect him via his NMC and by extension expose Murray. Which dramatically lowers the leverage they have in trade talks. Not only does every team know the Pens have to move one of them but they can also use McPhee to down bid the price on Murray via a Draft & Trade. Duhatschek is on a liquid lunch if he thinks Pitts could legitimately insist on and get Bennett + 1st.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #469
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
#16 in 2015 got the Isles Matt Barzal. I know 2017 is a weaker draft and Barzal fell because the B's had three consecutive picks before that, but if we can get anyone close to a Barzal at #16, I'd be a happy camper.

Still hoping for Foote though
I'm hoping for Foote as well but I'm wondering about a different D-man. For some reason Timothy Liljegren seems like he's slipping ala Fowler and Chychrun. Man, if he could slip to #16...
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #470
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Technically sure. He is just a forgotten prospect and I just don't see him ever coming over.
To you and many others, but not to an organization that drafted him and still holds his rights.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2017, 05:36 PM   #471
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
But the whole idea was predicated on the Pens electing to keep Fluery...

If they keep Fluery then they have to protect him via his NMC and by extension expose Murray. Which dramatically lowers the leverage they have in trade talks. Not only does every team know the Pens have to move one of them but they can also use McPhee to down bid the price on Murray via a Draft & Trade. Duhatschek is on a liquid lunch if he thinks Pitts could legitimately insist on and get Bennett + 1st.
Duhatschek said they "may" keep Fleury.

The intelligent thing to do for PIT is to explore trade options for both of them and then decide which one to keep based on trade value and other considerations (age, length of contract, leadership, etc).

So they should explore the idea of moving Fleury (find out which teams he's open to) and explore the market for him from that subset of teams that is interested. They should explore the market on Murray to see what he could get in a trade as well.

They can't really make an informed decision about which one to trade unless they see what the market is for both goalies. Your analysis is a little off to me because you're saying if they restrict themselves to the one option then the trade value goes down. But I'm saying that they have both options open, the trade value is unaffected and they can choose which route they'd rather go.

Do they want to move Fleury for not as much and go with the younger Murray?
Or do they find a team that loves Murray and is willing to trade a crazy package for him?

Both options are open. So if you're a GM wanting Murray you're probably gonna have to overpay. If you're a GM wanting Fleury you can probably get him for a lot less than Murray.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:38 PM   #472
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I like the Flames spot at 16. There's some solid options. I favor Tolvanen or Kostin but Petterson, Vesalainen, Anderson or Kostin will be a great snag for the Flames. I'm wondering if Rasmussen should be added but I think he will get the Brown treatment and go higher than media projections.
Have been warming up on Rasmussen. Wish he were a RHS
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #473
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

interview with Tod button on the upcoming draft

https://www.nhl.com/flames/video/one...ton/c-51978403

video on amateur scouting meetings

https://www.nhl.com/flames/video/ama...ngs/c-51977003

Last edited by Canada 02; 05-17-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #474
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada 02 View Post
interview with Tod button on the upcoming draft

https://www.nhl.com/flames/video/one...ton/c-51978403

video on amateur scouting meetings

https://www.nhl.com/flames/video/ama...ngs/c-51977003
There was a bit there where Button said something along the lines "If we stay at 16". Trading down should be a real consideration.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #475
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope we trade up... Makar would be the perfect draft pick as his value will.likely multiply a year from now allowing us to flip him for the final piece of the rebuild.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:52 PM   #476
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
I hope we trade up... Makar would be the perfect draft pick as his value will.likely multiply a year from now allowing us to flip him for the final piece of the rebuild.
With the amount of work that needs to go into the main roster, do the Flames really have enough ammo to trade up? I don't think so, especially since there's 2-3 slots on D that need to be filled and a dire need to get another top six winger.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #477
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Duhatschek said they "may" keep Fleury.

The intelligent thing to do for PIT is to explore trade options for both of them and then decide which one to keep based on trade value and other considerations (age, length of contract, leadership, etc).

So they should explore the idea of moving Fleury (find out which teams he's open to) and explore the market for him from that subset of teams that is interested. They should explore the market on Murray to see what he could get in a trade as well.

They can't really make an informed decision about which one to trade unless they see what the market is for both goalies. Your analysis is a little off to me because you're saying if they restrict themselves to the one option then the trade value goes down. But I'm saying that they have both options open, the trade value is unaffected and they can choose which route they'd rather go.

Do they want to move Fleury for not as much and go with the younger Murray?
Or do they find a team that loves Murray and is willing to trade a crazy package for him?

Both options are open. So if you're a GM wanting Murray you're probably gonna have to overpay. If you're a GM wanting Fleury you can probably get him for a lot less than Murray.
I know Murray has only played 2 games in the playoffs, but sadly, I don't think this is the case anymore.

As for the Bennett for Scheider idea, I would do it in a heartbeat. Even if the Flames threw in their 2017 first. Goaltending is an extremely important position, and Schneider has a long track record of consistency. Does he still have the highest career save percentage of all time?
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #478
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
I know Murray has only played 2 games in the playoffs, but sadly, I don't think this is the case anymore.

As for the Bennett for Scheider idea, I would do it in a heartbeat. Even if the Flames threw in their 2017 first. Goaltending is an extremely important position, and Schneider has a long track record of consistency. Does he still have the highest career save percentage of all time?
Nope, the Pens are the best bet to win the Cup and they'll likely do it with Murray playing out the playoffs and then he's going to be a two time Stanley Cup winning goalie who's only played two seasons!
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #479
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
As for the Bennett for Scheider idea, I would do it in a heartbeat. Even if the Flames threw in their 2017 first.
Horrible on both accounts
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Love For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #480
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm concerned that if we trade Bennett, he would play at his playoff level for the whole season for some other team. Can't sell low on this kid IMO.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017 nhl draft , 2017 nhl draft rankings , nhl entry draft