Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2017, 06:57 AM   #21
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have seen no mention of the Ontario science center.

one thing I would strongly recommend is trying to ensure you figure out a plan for each day, and be at your seleted first attraction of the day as soon as it opens as most places get busy quickly - although given the time of year you are going, it might not be too bad
Old 04-25-2017, 08:15 AM   #22
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

my suggestions for you:
niagara....??? not sure from a family perspective. My wife & i get out to niagara from the break from the kids, and even then, we have stopped going to the falls themselves, and instead spend time at niagara on the lake enjoying the wineries and food.

toronto:
- Aquariam for sure
- leafs game for sure (hopefully on a hot sunny day)
- wonderland
- toronto zoo
- toronto island (decent picnic place to spend the afternoon with the kids)
- picnic at high park

Have fun. Lots of things to do around here. I agree with the post above, plan your itinerary in advance. and if you're kids are up for it, you can even leave an afternoon open where you can wander the various cool pockets around downtown, stopping at restaurants/patios/cafes.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 08:45 AM   #23
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopdogg View Post
Hey CP,

I'm heading to the Toronto Area from May 19th - 27th with my wife and two kids ages 8 and 11. For the first 3 nights we'll be in Kingston and be busy with one of my kids sporting events but after that we will be going to Niagara Falls for 2 nights then spending 2 nights in Toronto.

So, what are some must see or things to do in those two cities. Here is what we have planned so far:

Niagara:
- Maid of the mist
That's it so far and am looking for more suggestions.

Toronto:
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- CN Tower
- Aquarium at the base of the CN Tower

That's it for Toronto as well and would like to get suggestions as well for Toronto.
Skipping (rope jumping) by chance???

Other than that I don't have much to add. Our kids were a little older (13) when we did our trip but I'll echo what others have said here. Jays game if you can swing it, and the HHOF are two definite musts in Toronto. And I thought Niagara Falls was pretty good (the falls themselves) too, you just have to put up with the crowds although in late May and mid week it might not be too bad.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 09:01 AM   #24
Scoopdogg
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Skipping (rope jumping) by chance???

Other than that I don't have much to add. Our kids were a little older (13) when we did our trip but I'll echo what others have said here. Jays game if you can swing it, and the HHOF are two definite musts in Toronto. And I thought Niagara Falls was pretty good (the falls themselves) too, you just have to put up with the crowds although in late May and mid week it might not be too bad.
Yes, we're heading to Kingston for the National Jump Rope championship.

A lot of great ideas here and we'll definitely putting a plan together for each day of which attractions we're going to visit.

We've rented an airbnb downtown so will be able to walk to all the attractions outside of the Zoo and Canada's wonderland.

My kids aren't huge fans of the coasters so unfortunately (I'd love to go) we probably won't be going there. I'm going to hit up youtube and try to get them to come over to my side on this one.

I love the Toronto Island suggestions, I had no idea that was something to do until I posted here! CP to the rescue.

Keep the suggestions coming please, so far this has been great!
Scoopdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #25
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 09:55 AM   #26
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lots of great suggestions in here. Seriously, Toronto is a great city (provided you're not doing a ton of driving at rush hour).
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #27
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

I may be biased but I would cancel Niagara Falls entirely and instead spend an extra night in Kingston (Thousand Islands/Kingston Penitentiary tours/Fort Henry/historic downtown) or Prince Edward County (Sandbanks Provincial Park/food/wine).
Old 04-25-2017, 11:19 AM   #28
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been probably well over 10 years since I was in the area but one of the things that I do remember is a interesting little town Niagara-on-the-Lake. Visited a neat little old pub there.

Most of the things I did back then have been mentioned so I really have nothing else to add.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote