Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 03:19 PM   #3241
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Couldn't immensely agree more.
Just broke my leg. I'm blaming the painkillers haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahan For Mayor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 03:25 PM   #3242
18YrOldSamBennett
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I would prefer Yammamoto if the Flames brass is looking at a forward over Strome, i just think he is too slow and is more of a top 9 guy. Any of the above defenseman should be considered over Strome as well.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:47 PM   #3243
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I would like him on my team to say Yammamoto over and over. YAMMAMOTO SAN! YAMMAMOTO SAN!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #3244
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My only hope is that he has an awesome shot that we can name the Yama(mo)to Cannon.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DionTheDman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 04:35 PM   #3245
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
I would like him on my team to say Yammamoto over and over. YAMMAMOTO SAN! YAMMAMOTO SAN!
Have you watched him play? How is his skating? Is he waterbug like Johnson or Shifty like Gaudreau?
Old 04-26-2017, 02:26 AM   #3246
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't see our management team doing it but wonder if any team offer sheets Pastrnak. Bruins only have 9M in cap space and have to sign Spooner,Pasta, and about 5-6 other players. Wonder if 7.5x7 would get it done. Now that is the RW that brings this team to the next level. Would have to give up 1st/2nd/3rd but easily worth it.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:44 AM   #3247
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
I don't see our management team doing it but wonder if any team offer sheets Pastrnak. Bruins only have 9M in cap space and have to sign Spooner,Pasta, and about 5-6 other players. Wonder if 7.5x7 would get it done. Now that is the RW that brings this team to the next level. Would have to give up 1st/2nd/3rd but easily worth it.
He is not going anywhere. He is their Monahan/Gaudreau.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:43 AM   #3248
erikk3
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Could you imagine Bruins fans reactions if we stole Pastrnak for a few picks just a couple years after we stole Hamilton? That would be amazing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erikk3 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 09:00 AM   #3249
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For the record that would be 4 first round picks (52.5/5 years).

Offer sheet compensation is calculated on total value of contract divided by 5 years for contracts that are longer than 5 years.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #3250
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yep, that's why no one went after tarasenko I think. Mcdavid would be worth 4 picks though, if anyone could fit him in their cap.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #3251
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you are a player would you go to a team knowing you won't have any first round pick support for half your contract? Not to mention the team to be able to afford you probably means they are not very good to begin with.

I am actually surprised offer sheets don't happen more often for lower level players as I think the value is there for that type of player.

But NHL GM's care less about winning then they do about keeping their jobs/looking good around the league so here we are.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #3252
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveicedhockey View Post
Mcdavid would be worth 4 picks though, if anyone could fit him in their cap.
Vegas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DionTheDman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #3253
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just broke my leg. I'm blaming the painkillers haha.
You just broke your leg posting on CP? That is some hardcore posting!
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 09:32 AM   #3254
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionTheDman View Post
Vegas.
Absolutely Vegas should be offering a 7 x $14.2 million (will vary depending on the salary cap this season) contract even if the Oilers put out a message to the league that they will match any offer. It's one thing to say they will match but looking at their team salary cap structure I'm not sure they could without dumping some key players. Any team that has the available cap space and wants to add a difference maker has to strongly consider making a max offer. Heck when the Sedins come off the books Vancouver should strongly consider this as well.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:36 AM   #3255
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would Draisaitl be worth an offer sheet? (Not the Flames but another team). Oilers have the 666 second line and Sekera making $5.5M and McDavid needing a max deal in 2018 so if a team have Draisaitl 8Mx7 years it would be the Oil in a tough spot to match.

Hurricanes would be a good team to try as they have a roster on the cusp but could use a top line C
Old 04-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #3256
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
He is not going anywhere. He is their Monahan/Gaudreau.
To be fair, the Bruins did let Seguin and Hamilton go, so there is some basis for speculation.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #3257
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Would Draisaitl be worth an offer sheet? (Not the Flames but another team). Oilers have the 666 second line and Sekera making $5.5M and McDavid needing a max deal in 2018 so if a team have Draisaitl 8Mx7 years it would be the Oil in a tough spot to match.

Hurricanes would be a good team to try as they have a roster on the cusp but could use a top line C
Nope. Don't get me wrong he's a good player but he really only puts up a lot of points when paired with McDavid and on the powerplay. Not sure at this point if he's a winger or a center but he's shown he can produce when paired with a skilled player like McDavid or Hall. Not sure if that's worth giving up the 4 first round picks.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:50 AM   #3258
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Nope. Don't get me wrong he's a good player but he really only puts up a lot of points when paired with McDavid and on the powerplay. Not sure at this point if he's a winger or a center but he's shown he can produce when paired with a skilled player like McDavid or Hall. Not sure if that's worth giving up the 4 first round picks.
He is pretty much exactly what a team like the Habs need though and if they sign Price they could be of the belief those 4 picks will be 16-31. Big body, high skill level, top 10 in scoring at 21 years old. Montreal I think is the perfect team to make this move as they have no one that can play that role. They could move Galchenyuk for picks or other areas of need. I also see them moving Patches this Summer and putting the C on Weber
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #3259
SofaProfessor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikk3 View Post
Could you imagine Bruins fans reactions if we stole Pastrnak for a few picks just a couple years after we stole Hamilton? That would be amazing
Pastrnak's previously unknown bad attitude and poor locker room qualities would come out in the media. Everyone would pretend like they were happy he was gone. Rinse and repeat.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #3260
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Absolutely Vegas should be offering a 7 x $14.2 million (will vary depending on the salary cap this season) contract even if the Oilers put out a message to the league that they will match any offer. It's one thing to say they will match but looking at their team salary cap structure I'm not sure they could without dumping some key players. Any team that has the available cap space and wants to add a difference maker has to strongly consider making a max offer. Heck when the Sedins come off the books Vancouver should strongly consider this as well.
Why would McDavid want to go to Vegas?

The player has to sign the offer sheet as well
Closed Thread