Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #441
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jemma was the star last night. All the best scenes IMO. Her reaction to Ward was just priceless. Also, way to rep Monty Python. "I'm feeling much better!" was the best line of the night lol.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:49 AM   #442
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Jemma was the star last night. All the best scenes IMO. Her reaction to Ward was just priceless. Also, way to rep Monty Python. "I'm feeling much better!" was the best line of the night lol.
That whole think where Sky tries to use her powers on Ward and she doesn't have them, and he thrusts his hand to her and says "Are we doing this now"

Was pretty funny.

I was wondering if the actress that played Gemma was sick last night because her voice sounded completely different then it usually does.

I felt so sorry for Phil because frankly he was such a weak man in this episode. He basically watched that boy get marched away and just accepted it.

I was thinking that we haven't seen Mace, Mack or Radcliffe yet and they weren't even mentioned.

But it really makes sense for Radcliffe to be in the resistance because I'm sure when he got into that world and saw that it was a terrifying Hydra world that he wouldn't be happy. I'm sure that Mace's regret is faking being a hero. I kept expecting him to be an accountant for Hydra. Mack, I'm still convinced that his biggest regret was joining shield so he might have side stepped this whole thing and he will be the toughest guy to get back.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #443
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Mack, I'm still convinced that his biggest regret was joining shield so he might have side stepped this whole thing and he will be the toughest guy to get back.
Also, he has his daughter in this world. I don't think he'll want to let that go. FeelsSadMan
Old 04-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #444
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I wonder if his biggest regret as well is Yo-Yo and we find a computer Yo-yo in this world.

Why is that important? Because Yo-Yo and to an extent his daughter would be inhumans. To an extent I think that non shield world Mack would be a toe the line kind of guy, until Hydra shows up at his door to take his daughter and wife in for tests.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:14 AM   #445
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Also, looks like I was wrong about Jemma being the head of the Resistance. But at least I was right about there being a Resistance! I'm gonna guess Mace is the front man on that one. And obviously Radcliffe as the head science officer.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #446
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

What if that Senator never died and never became anti-inhuman and her crazy buddy explosion dude and the watch dogs were the resistance?

Old 04-08-2017, 09:23 PM   #447
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Just spend the last week catching up on this show, hadn't seen anything from season 4. And while I like what they did with Ghost Rider, I'm a little bumed that they brought one of the most badass characters in the Marvel universe on the most family friendly show they have. He should have his own Netflix series at the very least

Loving the Agents of Hydra spin though, my immediate thought when watching the last episode was the mirror universe episodes from Star Trek
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:58 PM   #448
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Fantastic episode with one real problem is that it moved at such a fast pace that you hardly had time to take a breath. However when they slowed things down it was because they wanted to interject something utterly soul crushing.

just some thoughts

Spoiler!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #449
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Framework is such an awful, evil construct. Because you know when they get out of this, the psychological ramifications it will have on everyone will be world-shattering.

Fitz (or Simmons for that matter) will probably never get over killing Agnes or torturing Daisy. Plus it sorta seems like Fitz is remembering the other world a little bit, but choosing this version of him to run with.

Daisy will probably resent Fitz and May forever, because... you know...beatings and torture. At least the whole Ward thing doesn't seem to be deeply affecting her yet. Seems like she's been able to separate that Ward from the real Ward.

Mack losing, then having, then probably losing his daughter again.

May being the monster she is in this world, basically single-handedly causing the rise of Hydra.

Coulson will probably come out of this the least scarred, and will be the only person to keep this team from falling apart post-Framework.

This story arc will end tragically.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #450
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

^ that's only if they remember it at all.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #451
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
The Framework is such an awful, evil construct. Because you know when they get out of this, the psychological ramifications it will have on everyone will be world-shattering.

Fitz (or Simmons for that matter) will probably never get over killing Agnes or torturing Daisy. Plus it sorta seems like Fitz is remembering the other world a little bit, but choosing this version of him to run with.
I think that relationship is pretty much done, because frankly I think that Fitz remembers the other world, and in that other world because he never thought or cared about the ramifications of what he was doing he caused the rise of Aida and other events. At least here in the framework he can hide behind it not being the real world and him being able to control the effects. There's also the seductive ability of the frame work that Daisy talked about. I tend to think that when this is over a few people are going to be booked for Tahiti vacations.

that shooting of Agnes was awful to watch by the way because she did such a great job of playing terrified, and now she's dead forever.

Quote:
Daisy will probably resent Fitz and May forever, because... you know...beatings and torture. At least the whole Ward thing doesn't seem to be deeply affecting her yet. Seems like she's been able to separate that Ward from the real Ward.
There's no doubt that Fitz is going to expose Daisy to the crystals, the question is does she become Quake here or something even more horrible.

Remember that this framework was originally designed around May since the previous ones the spa and chasing Aida failed to contain her. So I tend to think that the program is very effective on her and she might be the last one to break free. For all we know in the end, she might not want to leave.

Ward is code, but he's redeeming himself, so I wonder if they download him into a LMD in the end, even though I tend to think that LMD's will not be allowed to exist at the end of this.

Quote:
Mack losing, then having, then probably losing his daughter again.

May being the monster she is in this world, basically single-handedly causing the rise of Hydra.

Coulson will probably come out of this the least scarred, and will be the only person to keep this team from falling apart post-Framework.

This story arc will end tragically.
May more then Aida/Ophelia/Lady Hydra or Fitz is in my mind the lynch pin of the Framework, this reality was created based out her and her biggest regret more then anyone else. I almost wonder if she's the key to the exit more then AIDA.

Coulson will survive, but this team is being destroyed, Fitz and Simmons can never go back if Fitz is at all aware of who he is on the other side.

Daisy and May can because I think that May is completely brainwashed and is living the choices.

But I have to wonder, because Aida is still in the other world as well, she's operating in two worlds, and Shield is down for the count right now with really only Yo-Yo left.

What if they get out of the Framework and find that Hydra rose in the real world?

I mean we still have modified watchdog leader there as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #452
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
^ that's only if they remember it at all.
Knowing this show and Whedon universes in general, they will absolutely remember and deal with the consequences moving forward. Joss and Jeb are too good of writers just to go with a clean wipe like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2017, 10:21 PM   #453
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Last week I talked about the episode last week having too fast of a pace and not allowing us to experience the sheer emotional moments. While this week was incredibly packed they really found a way to make the moments that hurt really hurt, and there were really a lot of them.

Spoilers for those that are interested

Spoiler!

This is an incredibly strong season and an amazing storyline with amazing performances by the actors. While they have a bit of the humor of the normal shield episodes for the most part this is just plain a evil grim world.

Fitz is plainly cruel and evil thanks to the influence of his father and the lack of influence by his mother who his father talks about with a sneer..

I would match this season up to the second half of the season one Hydra take over of shield.

Amazing and sad episode

Old 04-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #454
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #455
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Spoiler!
At least we got...
Spoiler!
Old 04-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #456
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I wasn't buying the whole into the Matrix thing at first, but it is actually really damn good.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #457
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It actually makes more sense then the Matrix.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 09:59 AM   #458
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

terrific storyline. Ever time I see Mac and his daughter I get upset knowing what will eventually happen.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #459
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
terrific storyline. Ever time I see Mac and his daughter I get upset knowing what will eventually happen.
Or when Fitz finds out that he actually for real killed a lady with cancer and Mace for real in the real world.

For people like May who probably killed thousands in this world most of them were computer code

Even Coulson those students he sent away, code.

They can probably just forget about Ward when they leave because Code.

Fitz actually did harm on both sides of the border.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #460
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really strong character episode.

Spoiler!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 04-25-2017 at 09:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: