Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2016, 05:35 AM   #141
Pockets18
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Hi I'm looking for a PS4 beta code if anyone has one to spare, I would really appreciate it
Pockets18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:59 AM   #142
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Also late to the party. Looking for an Xbox One beta code. Signed up and got nothing.
Thanks
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #143
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets18 View Post
Hi I'm looking for a PS4 beta code if anyone has one to spare, I would really appreciate it
Pm'd.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:19 PM   #144
Pockets18
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Pm'd.
Thank you very much Russic!
Pockets18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:17 PM   #145
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

from anyone who is playing this beta or has played it... anybody have anymore insight as to if it's good or what you like / dislike???
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #146
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
from anyone who is playing this beta or has played it... anybody have anymore insight as to if it's good or what you like / dislike???
How are the fighting?
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:04 PM   #147
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

I primarily played EASHL and have mostly positive reviews. I like how they added a bunch of customizables as unlockables that should keep people playing the game. At the same time we found as we began unlocking more things that the game was freezing so hopefully that is resolved before the release of the game. I am not sure if it was in last year but you can turn on feedback for passing and faceoffs which is helpful so you know where your pass is going and if you are late/early for faceoffs. They also finally added a Network Connection feature in the pause menu and when joining games so you can easily know if you are running into connection (lag) issues.

The best part is the changes they added to Drop-In. You can now join as a party and choose F/D/G as positions you want to play. Once you are done the game everyone from your team joins a Drop In Dressing Room so they can re-queue if they wish.

They updated fighting to simple controls (can no longer just lean back). I might have the triggers mixed up.

R2 - Grab
L2 - Dodge
Right Stick to Punch
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skaloper For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 11:26 PM   #148
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

They have extended the Beta until Monday August 8th, 10 AM PST
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #149
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

video/blog for the franchise mode in nhl 17:
https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/20...=1470762669674

meh... i don't care about setting prices of parking/concessions, or renovating the bathrooms of an arena, etc, when trying to simulate the role of an NHL GM and building a cup contender, which i thought was the purpose and fun of this mode.

zero stated improvements in contract handling (still no way to negotiate an upcoming free agent contract mid-season, doesn't that essentially ruin the concept of a trade deadline)?

zero stated improvements in making the deadline an actually relevant and important milestone in a NHL season (aside from simply settting it to a different coloured box on the calendar)?

zero stated improvements in scouting?

zero stated improvements in player development?

zero stated improvements in the draft day experience?

zero stated improvements in ability for a GM to invest or change the franchise direction in scouting, development, or coaching staff?

if this video is the extent of the investment in this mode, EA NHL team, you frigin suck. I think it's time there is a move towards new blood in the management team of the franchise. It has done nothing of real note since introducing the skillstick a decade ago, and having a joke of a transition to next gen.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2016, 11:47 AM   #150
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Yeah I enjoyed NHL 12 much more than any of the recent years. They focus on all the wrong things, the way EA exploits HUT is insulting.

The coding for the skating sucks, the net code sucks, their servers suck. So many avid hockey fans love the EA NHL and I find that admirable, you love hockey so much you can ignore such glaring issues in a below average game.

I can't, won't be buying the series for a while until there's actual significant improvement and not incremental changes that ignore glaring huge issues.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #151
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gave the beta a try playing mostly EASHL and a touch of online vs. Sure was hard to find much difference between 17 & 16. I did find that 17 actually loaded some menus and games a bit faster.

EASHL is nearly the same. The lobby now has a position preselect which will hopefully help game matching, but the lobby is now a mess. Colours and highlights don't make sense and the jersey selection was super glitchy. The lobby still loads, backs out, and then loads again. You'd think that would have been #1 to fix let alone ignoring it completely.

There are now some more position types, like 'hitting scorer'.

Timeouts might be reduced to 1 per game per team from 2. But could just be a beta thing.

Oleksy and Stevens are still super magic CPU defensemen with blind around the net tape to tape passes. They also still zip to the exact spot of a rebound the instant a shot is taken. Irwin still can't get the puck off his stick and loves to trip into the back of the net when no one is near him.

Momentum is still the overriding power and once one team has this mysterious power every bounce and deflection is right back on their stick.

CPU goalies are still almost unbeatable. It's so fun playing a ton of 1-0 games! Because of this it's difficult to get enough players to commit to a game as everyone waits around until there's 2 human goalies (who quit anyway after 1 goal).

Last edited by topfiverecords; 08-09-2016 at 12:32 PM.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #152
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hopefully the franchise mode is one of many updates - they seemed to only focus on NEW additions in the blog, so I'm hoping for another update on how they address improvements to other parts of the franchise mode.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #153
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally watched the trailer. I'm stoked for a couple things in it
  • 48 seconds in - Eichel's goal total indicates it's his third goal of the game, and his 16th goal of the season. Cumulative goal totals are in!!
  • 1:34 in - the sign is clearly a tracker for Hossa's 500th goal. I hope that this comes with contextual dialogue, and that there's a ton of other features that notice milestones.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:43 PM   #154
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

I want one!!!
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:55 AM   #155
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Anyone by chance have a Xbox one beta that they could hook me up with?
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #156
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
Anyone by chance have a Xbox one beta that they could hook me up with?
I think the beta ended last Monday.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #157
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/20...3&sf48223893=1

Johnny Hockey rated 90 overall!
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:34 PM   #158
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
video/blog for the franchise mode in nhl 17:
https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/20...=1470762669674

meh... i don't care about setting prices of parking/concessions, or renovating the bathrooms of an arena, etc, when trying to simulate the role of an NHL GM and building a cup contender, which i thought was the purpose and fun of this mode.

zero stated improvements in contract handling (still no way to negotiate an upcoming free agent contract mid-season, doesn't that essentially ruin the concept of a trade deadline)?

zero stated improvements in making the deadline an actually relevant and important milestone in a NHL season (aside from simply settting it to a different coloured box on the calendar)?

zero stated improvements in scouting?

zero stated improvements in player development?

zero stated improvements in the draft day experience?

zero stated improvements in ability for a GM to invest or change the franchise direction in scouting, development, or coaching staff?

if this video is the extent of the investment in this mode, EA NHL team, you frigin suck. I think it's time there is a move towards new blood in the management team of the franchise. It has done nothing of real note since introducing the skillstick a decade ago, and having a joke of a transition to next gen.
When you consider the dev teams hard work on Madden, NBA 2k, and The Show, it's unforgivable for the EA devs who work on NHL and FIFA to be this lazy and stupid.

Hmm, should we code in setting prices for hot dogs and parking and bathroom repairs... or... should we have a trade deadline specific interactive mode that adds a lot of excitement and flavour to our game?

Yeah, why even debate it. Hot dogs!!

As far as I'm concerned the dev team and specifically who ever is in charge should be fired right away so real work can get done for next years game.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #159
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

What you don't like accountant mode Ressurection?
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #160
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Even Hall's EA face is derp
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote