Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #181
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

How can anyone listen to anything Milbury says about violence in hockey. He beat a fan with a freaking shoe.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #182
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

can't provide a link to the Roenick-Milbury discussion. If you have GCL, go back to the 1st intermission in the Chicago game
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #183
ryangb
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rrent98 View Post
Would this line brawl have anything to do with last game where Alberts was hit by Mcgrattan along the boards?

It most definitely does. After Mcgrattan was tossed from that game, the Canucks were running around, taking liberties all night. Flames had no answer as Gratts was out. The next day Burke trades for Westgarth.

Last night the Flames sent the Canucks a message. We will not be pushed around any longer.

I myself, love it.
ryangb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ryangb For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #184
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck2 View Post
Dude you do realize what a defencemen taking the opening faceoff means right?

It means fight time so why wouldn't Bieksa the one punch coward oblige? Westgarth was out there to either fight or make a physical impact. Do you think if he was lined up against a Sedin he would have dropped his gloves?
Obviously that's not what it meant since Bieksa didn't fight.

I have no idea whether he would have dropped his gloves or not if Sedin is there or not but that doesn't matter because he did drop his gloves in this case.

I am relaying what I have heard media and NHL types say. They want to get rid of these types of fights, Westgarth dropped his gloves a half second after the puck was dropped and NHL/media think by /suspending coaches they can possibly curb these types of fights.

Therefore I expect Hartley gets fined and based on previous comments that fits with what the league wants so the fine would be justified.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #185
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Milbury used a reference to Sing Sing prison when describing McGrattan and Westgarth. Totally out of line, but not unexpected from Mad Mike.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #186
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangb View Post
It most definitely does. After Mcgrattan was tossed from that game, the Canucks were running around, taking liberties all night. Flames had no answer as Gratts was out. The next day Burke trades for Westgarth.

Last night the Flames sent the Canucks a message. We will not be pushed around any longer.

I myself, love it.
i myself love it. i love that burke identified we need more beef… and after last night… i think we need some more… not in the form of a grates or westgarth but a more skilled player that can add to it when the others are in the box or ejected
EYE_Overstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #187
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
How can anyone listen to anything Milbury says about violence in hockey. He beat a fan with a freaking shoe.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #188
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Obviously that's not what it meant since Bieksa didn't fight.

I have no idea whether he would have dropped his gloves or not if Sedin is there or not but that doesn't matter because he did drop his gloves in this case.

I am relaying what I have heard media and NHL types say. They want to get rid of these types of fights, Westgarth dropped his gloves a half second after the puck was dropped and NHL/media think by /suspending coaches they can possibly curb these types of fights.

Therefore I expect Hartley gets fined and based on previous comments that fits with what the league wants so the fine would be justified.
maybe bieksa said "lets go" when they were chirping in the dot.

and so westgarth did what he said… if he was really all guns to fight he would have swung.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #189
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just a quick thought regarding Torts dressing room antics and the Stempniak interview. Did Stempniak mention that Torts threatened something on the ice? Could mean more trouble if he said something like I'm kicking your ass in the intermission and then actually shows up to follow through.

Probably a good thing I wasn't at the game last night, probably would have been fired for standing up for the Flames. I'll see what dirt I can dig up today or tomorrow.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #190
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE_Overstand View Post
maybe bieksa said "lets go" when they were chirping in the dot.

and so westgarth did what he said… if he was really all guns to fight he would have swung.
forgot to add: Beiska probably just tried to bait westgarth to do something like swing and Westie didn't take it.

fact is Bieska let the rookie fight Westgarth and thats a lame ass thing
Old 01-19-2014, 12:43 PM   #191
Iceman90
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I really hope the league throws the book at Torts.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #192
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

The rookie is 6'6, 222 lbs and has 5 fights in the AHL this season. Not exactly a princess that needs protecting from his white knight Bieksa.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #193
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Its just too bad Luongo and Ramo didn't go at it. It would have been awesome.

CPHL Dallas Stars
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #194
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Regardless of whether Hartley gets fined or not (think he will, but don't think he should), this game will be good for the Flames. They have been pushed around for 2 years, since Feaster turned them into a tiny team. They will not be pushed around as much anymore.

More importantly, the arrogance with which the Nucks have played the Flames over the past 2 or 3 seasons has been wiped off their faces.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #195
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We should call up MacDermid for the next Canucks game. Insert all of Westgarth, McGrattan and MacDermid in the starting line-up along with SOB and Gio. If the starting line-up is enough to cause the whole Canuck line-up and coaching staff to blow a gasket do it. Talk of fines or suspensions for setting your starters is ridiculous. The psychological and mental part of the game is a real Canuck weakness.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Southside For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #196
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rrent98 View Post
Its just too bad Luongo and Ramo didn't go at it. It would have been awesome.
Think Luongo said he probably would have skated out if it wasn't his first game back after injury
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #197
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
He's actually become a borderline pacifist in recent years. I am, however, not sure if those are opinions he honestly holds today or if he's just trying to act as a foil to Jeremy Roenick.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #198
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think Hartley will get fined. When it happened with Rolston it was a goon on a star player. This was 4th line vs 4th line
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #199
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman90 View Post
I really hope the league throws the book at Torts.
Well considering none of the super dirty crap from the pens game even got looked at (the elbow to Gio and the boarding to Cammi which concussed him), I have no faith in the league doing jack poop.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #200
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would have been better if it had been Berra, if only for the Olympic angle on the scrap.

And if we're calling guys up for next game, Breen and Ferland better be on the plane as well. Possibly Kanzig on an emergency call up basis.