Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #421
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

now that was a great episode

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 02-14-2017 at 11:03 PM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #422
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Marvel has announced that former Game of Thrones actor Iwan Rheon is set to star in the upcoming series Marvel’s Inhumans. Rheon will play the role of Maximus, brother of the Inhuman King, Black Bolt, who is capable of mind control.
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/81...rvels-inhumans

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:47 PM   #423
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That was quite the episode

Spoiler!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #424
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Holy dip that was a crazy episode!

I post in the Shield subreddit sometimes, and this was my prediction after last week's episode:
Quote:
Are we even certain that the LMD count was correct? I'm not 100% sure that Coulson, Mack, Daisy and Mace are the LMDs. Simmons could very well be the LMD. It was dark in the basement. She could have been swapped easily by Aida without Davis noticing. If that's the case, then a potential Robo-Simmons could have altered the LMD detection output. In which case we may very well have a different number than four LMDs.
If I were to take a stab, I would say Simmons, Mack, and Mace are LMDs. I feel like Daisy would be hard to replace given that they would have to replicate her powers. Coulson and Mack were separated for a while, and Coulson and Daisy were fighting the Russian. Fitz could be an LMD seeing as he was by himself, and could have hacked Simmons' account, but my money is still on Simmons.

That or I'm totally wrong and it's the four we saw who are LMDs lol.
I was on the right path, but
Spoiler!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #425
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Was that last shot of May in Hydra head quarters the shield headquarters from the Winter Soldier?
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:39 PM   #426
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne008 View Post
Was that last shot of May in Hydra head quarters the shield headquarters from the Winter Soldier?
Yes it was. and I get a sense that the text that Daisy got about waking up her boyfriend means that she and Grant are Hydra as well and maybe May is the head of Hydra.

So suddenly does this mean that the events of Winter solder didn't happen or Captain America lost?

Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #427
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yes it was. and I get a sense that the text that Daisy got about waking up her boyfriend means that she and Grant are Hydra as well and maybe May is the head of Hydra.

So suddenly does this mean that the events of Winter solder didn't happen or Captain America lost?
I think it goes back to Aida saying that she took one regret away from all of them but had to go back further to do it. Colson bot or flashback talks about his regret stemmed from joining shield. So the framework universe is a what if Colson never joined shield classic comic book reimagining.

I think that Daisy/Lincoln are together because without Coldon Daisy eventually finds the inhuman shangrila and meets Lincoln so the main conflict in the universe is Hydra vs Inhuman.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:18 AM   #428
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny because I was driving home from football practice tonight and I thought about this and their regrets

1) Coulson regretted joining Shield. So he doesn't join and stays a civilian. So what could the effects be. Well we see that Hydra took over, but it could have happened much earlier then the events of season one. We wouldn't have had Coulson involved in the events of Iron Man, or Thor, and chances are that Hydra wouldn't have recruited the avengers, they would have tried to imprison or exterminate them. As well, Hydra probably won the world so they would have exterminated the inhumans before Daisy even learned that she was one. She might not have been exposed to the Crystals. And Daisy would have stayed as Skye. Meanwhile Coulson would have been indoctrinated as the rest of the world would have been against the Inhumans, this the message on the board.

2) Skye, in the first season she was in love with Ward, but the difference could have been that Skye was recruited by Hydra and not Shield and would have fallen in love with Ward because the betrayal of Shield by Hydra would have never happened. So his actions would have been normal. So she would have never become an inhuman.

3) May regretted killing that girl, She would have never met Coulson though who softened her edges. So she would have dedicated herself completely to Hydra never married the doctor and because the inhuman war would have been less personal she would have ruthlessly exterminated any inhuman since they were the clear enemy of Hydra.

4) Fitz I think his regret is over the creation of the frame work and the creation of Aida. So the Frame work would have removed any chance of that regret from happening so Fitz looks like he became a rich probably tech guy, probably never met Simmons because he never joined Hydra and therefore never had the chance to invent something that became so destructive.

5) Simmons I believe that she's dead in the Frame work, I'm not sure what her regret would be since she never met Fitz.

6) Mack's regret also seems to involve his life in Shield, he wanted a normal life with his brother and that's what he probably got. I wouldn't be surprised to see a non inhuman Yo-Yo as his wife.

But this whole thing centers around Coulson's regret in joining shield, he's the center point in that his actions effect all the others, so if he never joined shield, May would be far more ruthless, Hydra wouldn't have had to take over Shield as Hydra probably betrayed or took over while Coulson was probably a lot younger. The actions of Civil War wouldn't have happened because I believe Captain America would still be on ice as Hydra would have probably either kept him frozen or killed him. Hydra certainly wouldn't have helped Captain America or the rest of the Avengers in the same way because they would have been a huge threat to Hydra. Without Coulson and a earlier Hydra. Skye wouldn't be conflicted in falling in love with Ward. May would have only had her career. Fitz and Simmons would probably never have met.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:46 AM   #429
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mack had a child that died, the child is alive and that's his ex he's most likely with.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #430
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

damn I forgot that

Old 02-24-2017, 09:48 AM   #431
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Skye's regret is that she didn't have her parents and in the end had to side with shield and betray them. So in her world her parents are their and she undergoes conversion in their hidden land.

Fitz other potential regret is not telling Simmons how he felt earlier. So does by doing that he put them in a position where Simmons dies because of it. Also what happens to real Simmons if he she is dead in the frame work. We know if you die you die but what if you enter when you are dead.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #432
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I think Skye's regret is that she didn't have her parents and in the end had to side with shield and betray them. So in her world her parents are their and she undergoes conversion in their hidden land.
Yeah, that's valid as well. That would point to it being Lincoln being in the bed. But I still think from a script writing perspective the whole Ward being the one would be looked at as a bigger "Holy shyte moment"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Fitz other potential regret is not telling Simmons how he felt earlier. So does by doing that he put them in a position where Simmons dies because of it. Also what happens to real Simmons if he she is dead in the frame work. We know if you die you die but what if you enter when you are dead.
I would have agreed on the Fitz regret into the last two episodes when Mack confronted hm about being no better then a Nazi basically because he created things like Framework and Aida without thinking or caring about the harm that he's doing.

So I tend to think that his big regret was not even being a part of shield and becoming some internet tech billionare.

I'm not sure about the Simmons Question, but beaming into a world where your dead can't be good, however there are lots of Robot avatars in the Frame work as they talked about so she might end up there. On the other hand this show hasn't been afraid to kill off cast members, so its not out of the realm that she beamed into a grave, and this becomes a even bigger regret for Fitz in that his invention killed his girlfriend.

Whedon basically comfirmed that it is Ward in the bed, and the reason why they had the picture instead of Dalton rolling over is that Dalton wasn't available to film that episode but it is ward and Skye.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #433
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm guessing that Simmons plays the role similar to Fury in this world. Maybe leading a secret group of rebels to wage war against Hydra.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #434
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I'm guessing that Simmons plays the role similar to Fury in this world. Maybe leading a secret group of rebels to wage war against Hydra.
Oh snap. That fits perfectly. I was confused because they had said they located the avatars and that they die IRL if they die in the Framework. This theory makes total sense! Genius.

On Simmons and Skye's regrets.. would they even apply? If Aida took out regrets for the people they had, the ones they took scans from, would they even have the ability to see what the girl's regrets were? They are supposed to just be avatars so I would think the whole regret notion only applied to those hooked in by Aida directly.

Edit - I hope they give Simmons an eye patch.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #435
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
Oh snap. That fits perfectly. I was confused because they had said they located the avatars and that they die IRL if they die in the Framework. This theory makes total sense! Genius.

On Simmons and Skye's regrets.. would they even apply? If Aida took out regrets for the people they had, the ones they took scans from, would they even have the ability to see what the girl's regrets were? They are supposed to just be avatars so I would think the whole regret notion only applied to those hooked in by Aida directly.

Edit - I hope they give Simmons an eye patch.
Thats a good point too. But the events of fixing those regrets could have just made Skye/daisy getting together with Ward just happen.

Same with Simmons leading a rebel group, wbtw awesome idea.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #436
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Also, I had interpreted Coulson as trying to teach tolerance towards Inhumans, but it could have just as easily been the other way.

Ahh so many questions! Can't believe we have to wait six weeks to get answers!
Old 02-24-2017, 03:41 PM   #437
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah I'm a simple man, if he wrote on the board, why we shouldn't fear inhumans then I would be yeah. But I have this sense that Coulson not being exposed to anything but the Hydra News Network would probably be pretty black and white.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:10 PM   #438
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, finally saw the episode... great to see what all this has lead up to. This could be great.

Hopefully the show gets renewed for another season.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #439
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

just a reminder that Agents of Shield starts tonight and looks like it will take place in the virtual world. They also called it Agents of Hydra in a preview commercial.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 11:19 PM   #440
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

ok that episode was AMAZING

Spoiler!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: