Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #21
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Take a picture of his license plate and him and make sure he see's you doing it, then call 911 if he persists.

That guy shouldn't be on the road at all.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #22
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

A dash cam is a required piece of equipment IMO.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #23
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I have found one of the best ways to de-escalate a road rage incident is to pull out your phone and start taking pictures. Usually the person backs right off. The only time anybody made it worse and threatened to break my phone if I didn't delete them, I said "too late, they are already in the cloud." Which also stopped the situation immediately.

No, my phone doesn't backup pictures that quickly, however most ragers also probably don't know how that kind of thing works either.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #24
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Sounds like this happens to you often, Ken. Wtf?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #25
Bongo
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Dash cam is where it's at. They are incredibly cheap right now, provide indisputable evidence, and can be provided to law enforcement or insurance easily.
Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 04:47 AM   #26
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

you're a better man than I am, similar thing happened to me 15 years ago and I punched the guy in the mouth after he baited me, got charged with assault and it cost me 4 grand/+time to beat it.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:54 AM   #27
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

did you consider challenging him to a dance-off with the winner being awarded the lane and the loser having to fall back.

to me you were in the lane first and you were side by side and you then sped up to allow him in.

buddy obviously had small man syndrome
Old 01-19-2017, 07:22 AM   #28
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
did you consider challenging him to a dance-off with the winner being awarded the lane and the loser having to fall back.

to me you were in the lane first and you were side by side and you then sped up to allow him in.

buddy obviously had small man syndrome
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to underGRADFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #29
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to underGRADFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 07:29 AM   #30
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluck View Post
So I was driving home from work, a car in the right lane was behind a bus, turned on his signal light to merge. I was probably almost side by side with him so I sped up assuming he would just merge behind me.

He then tailgated me and cut me off multiple times (twice) within the next 500 meters. He then stopped his car mid traffic (not even at a light) and got out. He approached my vehicle and started yelling and screaming at me. At this point I really did not have anywhere to go since traffic was in the lane beside me and he had blocked all traffic infront of me. I avoided eye contact, made a mental note of his plate and after about 20 seconds he got back in his car. I went in the other lane and again he cut me off and continued to drive at about 30KM posted speed is 60KM, probably hoping that I would over take him and he could cut me off again. At the next red light he suddenly turned right and off he went.

I phoned the non emergency police line, explained the situation, gave them his plate number and filed a police report. They told me someone may or may not contact me.

How do you think I handled the situation? Would you have done anything differently?

Cheers,

Bluck
I would have pulled out my phone and started taking pictures. then it's no longer one's word against another.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:31 AM   #31
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Dash cam is where it's at. They are incredibly cheap right now, provide indisputable evidence, and can be provided to law enforcement or insurance easily.
I would like to get one. it would probably help show me the times when I drive stupid, too.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 07:31 AM   #32
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Not trying to be a dick, but I always find it questionable when someone says someone goes off the deep end for something so trivial like not letting someone in who stuck behind a bus. So I always think there is more to it then that.
I kind of feel the same way when it comes to people who don't know the difference between then and than.
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #33
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Sounds like this happens to you often, Ken. Wtf?
Some people get upset when somebody honks at them. But it doesn't bother me at all. In fact I really don't mind; that's how I know when it's safe to make a left turn.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #34
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Not trying to be a dick, but I always find it questionable when someone says someone goes off the deep end for something so trivial like not letting someone in who stuck behind a bus. So I always think there is more to it then that.
I agree, but the other driver could have just been dumped by his wife/S-o, maybe his dog just died, or perhaps he is facing a lot of stress currently in his life
Old 01-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #35
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey bluck, I was that other guy. Maybe next time don't shoot out my ####ing tires with a .357 Magnum. I simply wanted to tailgate the school bus and scare the kids but no, you had to take it too far.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #36
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Some people get upset when somebody honks at them. But it doesn't bother me at all. In fact I really don't mind; that's how I know when it's safe to make a left turn.
I get a little ticked when I'm at a pedestrian crossing and waiting for the pedestrian to fully cross before going through and the idiot behind me starts honking. A lot of people feel that once a pedestrian is half way through the intersection it's game on for them to drive through. I've seen the police pull over people for driving through when pedestrians are 3/4 through and I believe that's a steep fine.

Also this has no bearing on the OP's post but Calgarians really don't handle merging very well especially on Deerfoot Trail. For example I take the 32nd Ave exit merge to Deerfoot North daily and you get people in the merge lane trying to merge in way early on the solid line which backs up the merge lane and then the drivers on the far right lane on Deerfoot that are hell bent on making sure nobody gets in front of them that won't let anyone merge. Sometimes you almost have to force your way in front of vehicles because people seem paranoid that letting someone in is going to cost them precious minutes on their drive home.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 08:51 AM   #37
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 01-19-2017, 08:57 AM   #38
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I would be tempted to get out and cave the guys head in with my tire iron. Unless he looked tougher than me of course.

In which case I'd do what you did, in fear that he'd dodge or block my swing and then cave my head in with my tire iron.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:06 AM   #39
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Or . . . enjoy prison.

Frankly I did get into a road rage accident a few years back and the only reason why I got out of the car is he was basically kicking at my car door and trying to break my window. But I didn't need to fight him as much as I told him if he didn't get back into his car and drive away that I would flat out murder him, and I guess I looked like a serious enough threat for him to comply.

Plus I would have flat out murdered him.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:16 AM   #40
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Or . . . enjoy prison.

Frankly I did get into a road rage accident a few years back and the only reason why I got out of the car is he was basically kicking at my car door and trying to break my window. But I didn't need to fight him as much as I told him if he didn't get back into his car and drive away that I would flat out murder him, and I guess I looked like a serious enough threat for him to comply.

Plus I would have flat out murdered him.
You've certainly managed to remove the nice vision of Norm from Cheers I had of you
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socalwingfan For This Useful Post: