Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2024, 10:13 AM   #1521
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
Calling people liars or delusional homers is a personal insult. But you don't understand the definitions of most words it seems so not surprising you don't know what an insult is.
No it isn't an insult at all. It was true, they lied and they were delusional.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 10:16 AM   #1522
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
LOL

More lies, I never said everyone is delusional, why is it so hard to discuss things without making stuff up? Surely we can talk about what is actually said not lying?

Of course it is not serious business it is fun which is why it is funny to see people get so worked up that others have different opinions than theirs. There is no personal insult or attack in seeing things differently when it comes to a hockey team. But people seem unable to read opposing views without doing so.

But don't worry I have no struggles, I am doing fine.
I’m not sure if what would be sadder, you actually believing this because you understand social interaction that little and don’t know it, or you purposely gaslighting people on a hockey forum because they disagreed with you.

Pretty incredible.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 10:17 AM   #1523
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinit47 View Post
The thing about value is here are two sides. The buyer side and seller side. It's impossible to know what will happen on either side, so pegging down future value is pretty much impossible. A player of the exact same quality can be traded for wildly different returns in back to back years based on this dynamic.

We've all seen insane trades that happen when the seller side is limited and the buyer side is hungry.
Yup. Next deadline if he is playing the same way and wants to move on I bet he can pick up a 1st if it is a sellers market
Bonded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 10:19 AM   #1524
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Guys, Spurs isn't here to have intelligent discourse, he's here to pull the site down a level, to ruin the conversation. He's knows his opinions aren't facts. He knows he's being abrasive and ridiculous. He doesn't care - he does it because he wants you to engage him. He wants you to play HIS game, to bring the conversation down to where he wants it.

Sharangovich has been taking his game to another level, for the past few games. After an initial adjustment period, where he got 2 points in his first 10 games, he has since put up 28 points in 32 games. While he is on the ice killing penalties, the Flames PK has outscored the opposing PP 7-6 FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON. The guy is a good hockey player having a breakout season. That is what this thread is supposed to be talking about.

Instead, for the last several dozen posts, it's just him, re-stating his ridiculous viewpoint that Sharangovish wouldn't even be playing, if he were on a good team. And because everyone keeps quoting him and giving him the opportunity to 'reply', his is the only viewpoint being presented.

That's what he wants. And you're playing into his hand.

Stop quoting him.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2024, 10:22 AM   #1525
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Guys, Spurs isn't here to have intelligent discourse, he's here to pull the site down a level, to ruin the conversation. He's knows his opinions aren't facts. He knows he's being abrasive and ridiculous. He doesn't care - he does it because he wants you to engage him. He wants you to play HIS game, to bring the conversation down to where he wants it.

Sharangovich has been taking his game to another level, for the past few games. After an initial adjustment period, where he got 2 points in his first 10 games, he has since put up 28 points in 32 games. While he is on the ice killing penalties, the Flames PK has outscored the opposing PP 7-6 FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON. The guy is a good hockey player having a breakout season. That is what this thread is supposed to be talking about.

Instead, for the last several dozen posts, it's just him, re-stating his ridiculous viewpoint that Sharangovish wouldn't even be playing, if he were on a good team. And because everyone keeps quoting him and giving him the opportunity to 'reply', his is the only viewpoint being presented.

That's what he wants. And you're playing into his hand.

Stop quoting him.
I am more than happy to discuss hockey, look at how all these discussions start it is never me. I post my hockey opinions and people who can't do anything other than attack others start crying about it being too negative because they can't refute what I have posted.

Others do replay in terms of what was said in the post and we have fine back and forth discussions.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:23 AM   #1526
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I’m not sure if what would be sadder, you actually believing this because you understand social interaction that little and don’t know it, or you purposely gaslighting people on a hockey forum because they disagreed with you.

Pretty incredible.
Looks like someone who is just acting like an oilers fan, he is whining when he doesn't get his own way I just picture him as a teenager sitting in his room thinking he is doing something really special.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 10:23 AM   #1527
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Pretty incredible.
Again for you make up whatever fantasy you want and rate its sadness level as you have shown you have no interest in what actually has happened, in what is actually said and more happy making up little fantasies like the post above that is based on nothing but your made up narrative.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:26 AM   #1528
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I said it before, I'll say it again. The Sharangovich trade is exactly the types of trade I love to see the team make. If you want to build a sustainable competitive team, you have to recognize talent where others have overlooked it, you have to develop a clear path for your younger players to succeed and transition from the AHL to the NHL or from the bottom lines to the upper lines, you have to maximize your draft picks, and you have to be willing to move on from ageing players with large contracts and guys who have topped out their potential on the team. This kind of seems to be Conroy's philosophy as well and I couldn't be more pleased.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:26 AM   #1529
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Maybe Spurs doesn't understand what an insult is?

I do.

Spurs/Moon/Whomever....is an idiot.

That is, in fact, an insult.

Posted for educational purposes only.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:27 AM   #1530
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Maybe Spurs doesn't understand what an insult is?

I do.

Spurs/Moon/Whomever....is an idiot.

That is, in fact, an insult.

Posted for educational purposes only.
LOL

I understand what an insult is don't worry.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:38 AM   #1531
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back to the actual discussion... It's better than reading back and forth bickering IMO.

I'm not a GM to gauge if a value of a player was a first or not.

That said, I'll take trades that look bad when they're made and turn out great with hindsight, over trades that look great on paper, but set the team back as a result.

Trades like the Sharangovich trade make me believe in this management team more, not less, because they show that our managment/analytics/scouts know something other teams don't. And if Sharangovich's value was only a 2nd/3rd at the time, then other teams missed out by not jumping all over it and getting the player he is today.

Last edited by gvitaly; 01-13-2024 at 10:40 AM.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 11:03 AM   #1532
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I know it is an overused term but Spurs is gas-lighting this whole place. Denies doing what he's doing. Denies saying what he's saying. And becomes aggressive if he's called out on it. That's an unhealthy way to go through life, my man.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2024, 11:10 AM   #1533
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I know it is an overused term but Spurs is gas-lighting this whole place. Denies doing what he's doing. Denies saying what he's saying. And becomes aggressive if he's called out on it. That's an unhealthy way to go through life, my man.
The real question is what username will he create when he is inevitably banned again?

Moon - - - - > Spurs - - - - > ?????
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 11:32 AM   #1534
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nah he ain't moon. Spurs participates in the OT forum, which moon never did.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:35 AM   #1535
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Again for you make up whatever fantasy you want and rate its sadness level as you have shown you have no interest in what actually has happened, in what is actually said and more happy making up little fantasies like the post above that is based on nothing but your made up narrative.
No, I’m only interested in what has actually happened. I’m calling it like it is. There’s no fantasy here, you’re not important enough to even make one up about. The gaslighting schtick is great and all and the trolling will probably continue to work as long as you’re here but at this point the majority know the game. Whether you want to fool yourself into believing everyone is lying or can’t handle your “facts” or disagreements or are delusional or whatever, doesn’t really matter because you’re the only one buying it.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:43 AM   #1536
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2024, 11:53 AM   #1537
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
The real question is what username will he create when he is inevitably banned again?

Moon - - - - > Spurs - - - - > ?????
Spoon
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2024, 12:14 PM   #1538
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
No, I’m only interested in what has actually happened. I’m calling it like it is. There’s no fantasy here, you’re not important enough to even make one up about. The gaslighting schtick is great and all and the trolling will probably continue to work as long as you’re here but at this point the majority know the game. Whether you want to fool yourself into believing everyone is lying or can’t handle your “facts” or disagreements or are delusional or whatever, doesn’t really matter because you’re the only one buying it.
Again with the everyone BS. I have never said everyone is lying, never even said the majority are lying. Why do you constantly have to lie and make stuff up. As for not being important enough, you spend a lot of time making stuff about about me, LOL

I have had a lot of great discussions on here with people that want to talk hockey, other sports or off topic subjects. It is others that seem fixated on taking things off those topics and try to derail discussions.
Old 01-13-2024, 01:07 PM   #1539
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Again with the everyone BS. I have never said everyone is lying, never even said the majority are lying. Why do you constantly have to lie and make stuff up. As for not being important enough, you spend a lot of time making stuff about about me, LOL

I have had a lot of great discussions on here with people that want to talk hockey, other sports or off topic subjects. It is others that seem fixated on taking things off those topics and try to derail discussions.
Too many lies I guess lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2024, 01:29 PM   #1540
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thankfully Spurs has been booted finally.

Just the absolute worst.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote